watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives???

Started by Fulham76, February 09, 2014, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

Obviously happy with the point, i'd definitely have taken it before kick off & getting points anyway we can is the key thing for us in the position we're in. But.... We were absolutely battered by an average United today, (they're lost 8 league matches already this season) & if they'd scored first, more than likely would have gone on to win by 4 or 5.

Rene needs to learn or teach the players to use the ball so much better. The constant long balls are so frustrating & just adds to the pressure against us & the workload we need to put in defensively. Don't see the point in literally handing the ball back to the other team!

Couldn't fault the commitment from any of our players today though & thought we broke well when we had the chance. Holtby, Sidwell & Richardson, (seriously), all had great games.

Hopefully, the start of out recovery.

Buffalo76

Think that was Richardson's best game in a Fulham shirt.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The truth ................................I didn't get past Obviously happy with the point,
because you are clearly not happy  

fulhamben

Wait, you've got the hump because if they would have scored first, they would have gone on to win by 4 or 5.? We are the worst team in the league and did what we had too, and it worked
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: KCat on February 09, 2014, 06:49:37 PM
The truth ................................I didn't get past Obviously happy with the point,

Shame. You missed a great post! I am well pleased with the point, completely unexpected & will be good for confidence & hopefully we'll improve from here with the fresher look to the squad.
Simply a question as to how people viewed the 'performance'. Had we lost, would there have been any positives?

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 09, 2014, 07:00:21 PM

Shame. You missed a great post! I am well pleased with the point, completely unexpected & will be good for confidence & hopefully we'll improve from here with the fresher look to the squad.
Simply a question as to how people viewed the 'performance'. Had we lost, would there have been any positives?

but we didn't lose
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on February 09, 2014, 06:51:00 PM
Wait, you've got the hump because if they would have scored first, they would have gone on to win by 4 or 5.? We are the worst team in the league and did what we had too, and it worked

No one has he hump, see my response above. You need to read these posts right the way through before jumping to conclusions.

Bassey the warrior

I think you need to take the performance alongside the context, we were utterly dire last week and getting stuffed by Southampton after a good first half didn't help either.
It didn't help we didn't have a recognised striker and that Bent apart from his goal did nothing all match. If we get Mitroglou and he is up for it we'll have much better shape.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on February 09, 2014, 07:01:51 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 09, 2014, 07:00:21 PM

but we didn't lose

Agreed but like a lot of threads on here that particular statement was hypothetical.

Yarden

davew

The most positive thing is that we got an unexpected point from a game which reminded me of the Alamo! On another day we would have lost by a cricket score, but today we didn't!! When we went behind with a deflected goal I was thinking are we never going to get any luck, well at the end we did and hopefully we can move on!! A very long way to go but I think the new players will hold the key as to whether we can stay up or not.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham76

sunburywhite

I am happy to say I took a point before the game with PP at 11/2
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Buffalo76

1500.gif

Lighthouse

The positives are I didn't watch or listen to the game. Just read the report and WE WERE battered. United put in more crosses than any Prem team for years. WE had just three shots.

Oh yes positives. New players, no proper forward until Bent came on and we are a point closer than we were last week to safety and a young kid played in the first half. A point at Old Trafford, even if United are not as good as they were. They are better than Sheffield United and we lost to them.

Shame we cannot play a forward but not listening to the game means I am happy with the point. Will watch MOTD but will enjoy it less. Well done Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

callumc513

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2014, 07:22:26 PM
The positives are I didn't watch or listen to the game. Just read the report and WE WERE battered. United put in more crosses than any Prem team for years. WE had just three shots.

Oh yes positives. New players, no proper forward until Bent came on and we are a point closer than we were last week to safety and a young kid played in the first half. A point at Old Trafford, even if United are not as good as they were. They are better than Sheffield United and we lost to them.

Shame we cannot play a forward but not listening to the game means I am happy with the point. Will watch MOTD but will enjoy it less. Well done Fulham.

Not so sure we were battered, Lighthouse.

I'd argue that the chances we created were more clear cut than any of theirs. A draw seemed the fair result.

Lighthouse

Quote from: callumc513 on February 09, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

I'd argue that the chances we created were more clear cut than any of theirs. A draw seemed the fair result.

Sorry, as I said I was only going by the reports and the crosses and the 75 per cent possession United had. Actually if you say the result was a fair one then I even more chuffed. Especially as the team was so different.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham76

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2014, 07:30:02 PM
Quote from: callumc513 on February 09, 2014, 07:25:06 PM

Sorry, as I said I was only going by the reports and the crosses and the 75 per cent possession United had. Actually if you say the result was a fair one then I even more chuffed. Especially as the team was so different.

We're desperate for points & we got 1 more than we usually get up there today. Don't care about performances at this stage, it's the points that count & that result not only got us one but will improve confidence massively.

Bill2

At Chelse v West Ham they put in more shots than any Prem team and they got the same 1 point. Does nobody think that these were Rene's tactics. looking at the stats they did not have 39 shots on target and maybe they missed chances but so did we. Let's be honest we got an ugly draw, better that than playing beautiful football and losing.

westcliff white

positive the teams around us expected us to get nothing
postive the fight sh0wn by the team
Every day is a Fulham day