watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Heitinga

Started by Barrett487, February 09, 2014, 08:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

New boy. Free transfer. Played well but also the reason RVP was onside for the first goal. What's the consensus?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 09, 2014, 08:26:18 PM
New boy. Free transfer. Played well but also the reason RVP was onside for the first goal. What's the consensus?

A bit harsh on a debutant.  Very difficult to play offside effectively against a team like Utd so close to your goal. 

KP_FFC

bit harsh. probably his only fault from those 81 crosses. though him and burn did excellent.

Barrett487

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 09, 2014, 08:29:34 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on February 09, 2014, 08:26:18 PM

A bit harsh on a debutant.  Very difficult to play offside effectively against a team like Utd so close to your goal.  
Agreed, i was only pointing out that i noticed he was well behind the line and had time to adjust. He made a call, the only one that went wrong. I thought he played well.

Zu-Meister

steady enough, but did a few things which worried me. hopefully they are few and far between, i i think the combo of hangeland and burn is too immobile, hence needing someone like heitinga who isnt great, but more suitable.

cookieg

I think Reither could have done better for that goal, he should have been closer to RVP.

Barrett487

I would point out that a number of sceptics had scorned his acquisition, it would be nice for a few of them to post that this performance was promising.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Barrett487 on February 09, 2014, 08:37:04 PM
I would point out that a number of sceptics had scorned his acquisition, it would be nice for a few of them to post that this performance was promising.

I think you are right point it out though.

Bassey the warrior

Think that's harsh, he showed good judgement to get on the line actually, if he'd made a goal line clearance you'd have said different. Riether had a great game but he should've stopped the ball reaching Van Persie.

PokerMatt

As Moose said.

I'd rather he gets back to the line and defends the shot - Mata's was mishit, and is the one he thought he might have blocked.

Imagine he steps up and Mata's goes straight in. That's woeful defending right there.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Barrett487

Quote from: The Moose on February 09, 2014, 08:40:35 PM
Think that's harsh, he showed good judgement to get on the line actually, if he'd made a goal line clearance you'd have said different. Riether had a great game but he should've stopped the ball reaching Van Persie.
Agreed, the same thought occurred to me. As for Reither, i think he was playing to orders, but didn't always respond to situations.

simplyfulham

Quote from: The Moose on February 09, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

That may have been an astute observation. However it was the case a few times that Heitinga was a couple of yards behind the rest of the defensive line.

He looked good, just a bit rusty.

HatterDon

For a guy who is really a defensive mid, he did very well today, as did the entire defense -- well augmented by Richardson, Sidwell, and Kvist.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Barrett487

JackyFulham90

Heitinga was brilliant today, very solid

hovewhite

Heitinga very impressive as was the whole defense and midfield.

General

How can people find space to criticise him or Burn when they dealt with over 80 - EIGHTY crosses - in one game... it was a premiership record.

If we had that many in any other games under any other back four line ups we would have conceded WAY more.

In fact, can someone get the stats together to see how many matches before this one it took for over 80 crosses to tally up? Also - those were just crosses, not even balls on the ground.

Rudolph

Quote from: HatterDon on February 09, 2014, 08:56:13 PM
For a guy who is really a defensive mid, he did very well today, as did the entire defense -- well augmented by Richardson, Sidwell, and Kvist.

He is a centre back who can play DM if required, not the other way round.

Luffy86

He was mustard!! Quality signing!!

Jack Fulham

I thought he had a really good game. He's a good partner for either Burn or Hangeland. I don't think we should play those two together any more.