watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crosses

Started by God The Mechanic, February 11, 2014, 12:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

Here's a video of all of United's crosses from Sunday.  It's sped up, but that video is just over 3 minutes long, I imagine in real time it would be closer to 5 maybe.  They spend five entire minutes of a 90 minute game, where the ball was probably "in play" for 55/60 minutes crossing the ball against a defence with a 9ft tall centre back.  So smart...

A crossing masterclass by the champions

Blanco

Humbled

No quite all the crosses. The one they scored from wasn't on there.
Just shows how 1 dimensional they were. Have a player like Mata and didn't even utilise him.
We should have prob got more blocks In rather than let them actually cross but that being said Mr Burns was almost always on hand. And Heitinga looked confident. Brede was starting to look a lot like Bambi on Ice.
Very funny video.

btings

westcliff white

its a nice video to watch the cross for carricks goal is in there, but I could not see that led to RVP's goal.

What it does show is crossing is great but it has to be quality, not just aimed in and hoping for the best.
Every day is a Fulham day

Big Martin Jol

We did concede twice in two minutes.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

EJL

Quote from: Humbled on February 11, 2014, 12:35:45 AM
No quite all the crosses. The one they scored from wasn't on there.
Just shows how 1 dimensional they were. Have a player like Mata and didn't even utilise him.
We should have prob got more blocks In rather than let them actually cross but that being said Mr Burns was almost always on hand. And Heitinga looked confident. Brede was starting to look a lot like Bambi on Ice.
Very funny video.
Was Mata's assist technically a 'cross'? I'm not sure how everything's tallied up, but he looked like was trying to shoot first time.

westcliff white

matas wasnt a cross it was a miss hit shot, but the ball into him would be considered a cross that made its target i guess

Burt

Opta stats show that only 1.8% of crosses result in a goal...

Ordar

Some unbelievably poor crossing amongst that lot. Seemed like they were just slinging it in most of the time. A high percentage went nowhere near the players in the middle.

I'd say out of that lot, about 8 were dangerous. Even the one that lead to Carricks goal we should have defended better

Humbled

Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 12:01:21 PM
matas wasnt a cross it was a miss hit shot, but the ball into him would be considered a cross that made its target i guess

Apologies ur correct.
Mata shot and someone dived in the way of it. The ball went up into the air, coming down with snow on it Rooney challenged Burn in the air. Rooney won, the ball fell to Mata who shot across goal for a Tap in.

westcliff white

Quote from: Humbled on February 11, 2014, 11:44:58 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2014, 12:01:21 PM

Apologies ur correct.
Mata shot and someone dived in the way of it. The ball went up into the air, coming down with snow on it Rooney challenged Burn in the air. Rooney won, the ball fell to Mata who shot across goal for a Tap in.
I was talking about the effort across goal on the 6 yard box Humbled that is what I thought you meant. The original cross from the left I dont know who that was from. If mata had a hand earlier then I apologise but I was just referring as i say to his miss hit shot (sure that was mata)

LBNo11

...there was a priceless comment on facebook that the last time Rooney had seen so many crosses was on his English exam papers..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC