watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not sure why Kaka

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 12, 2014, 09:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

came on....was Richardson injured?, seemed to turn the game a bit for me - still we did well, this was the team that tore Arsenal apart on Saturday, and IMHO we were a little unlucky - we didn't deserve to lose

Pluto

Richardson was exhausted. I wouldve brought on Kasami though.

JDH101

Kaka is . Plain and simple. Offers nothing going forward or defensively. Let him go in the summer.

THIS THREAD WAS EDITED DUE TO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

wolfie

they wont let him go, he got contract extension

kdjr100

Think it might have had something to do with the yellow card he got as well. Although not sure Kaca was the right choice.

Had it gone well and Kaca had hit them on the break Rene would have been deemed a hero.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

hn4fulham

I thought that was a bad substitution. Richardson was at the heart of our team's drive for most of the game. Holtby, Sidwell, and Kvist were the others. Taking him off took a good amount of shine off our game. Bad call from Rene there.

NogoodBoyo

I was a bit disappointed in that choice but there is logic behind it.  By that stage of the game, Holtby, Sidwell and Richardson had lost their legs (not surprising given the amount of work they put in) so the defence was just hoofing it upfield only to see Liverpool work it quickly back into the danger areas.
Kaca does have the ability to run with the ball and occupy defenders.  And he has pace.  He didn't do badly.  But I think our vulnerable area was the right.  Is it just me, or were Tuna and Reither not on the same wave length?  That's where we lost the point.  That's the area I was surprised Rene didn't fix.  Having said that, I believe Rene is an astute coach who will become a very good manager one day.  He has shown his potential in these last two matches.

Nogood "probably the plan, isit" Boyo

Baszab

Richardson was excellent - looked like  he had a slight pull when he came off - should have brought Duff on to help mark Flanagan - Kaka useless at covering

DevonFFC

Quote from: wolfie on February 12, 2014, 10:03:43 PM
they wont let him go, he got contract extension

Let him go, no one will want him. Most ineffective winger out, can't cross, can't go past a player, can't cut inside to shoot and can't play football

Andy S

Kaka will be fine in the championship with either us or another club but he hasn't got enough for the premier for me. Not his fault we lost though. Reither should know not to make tackles like that in the box....

Tonywa

Was a poor substitution IMHO. Kaca offers no support defensively to the left back and increasingly little going forward.  He came on and within a few minutes Liverpool attacked down the left side of our defence and we concede.  Ultimately we did not take our chances when we had our long dominant spell in the first half while Liverpool did when they were on top.

millsy

Absolutely the wrong substitution. Sure, any of a number of heroes were running on near empty but agree Duff or Kasami would have been better alternatives.

Kaca is probably a decent player but his confidence was shot weeks ago and he no longer goes past his man, doesn't cross the ball and tonight missed his chance to grab glory when right in front of us in H5 he ran forward to the edge of the box with the ball and under pressure from 2 reds, decided not to shoot but to try to stop and cut back! Guess what, they smothered him and took the ball away, like candy from a baby.

I felt it was right to allow Senderos and Hughes to leave and also to let Ruiz and Berba go before the real dogfight begins. I'm afraid Kaca is another who I wouldn't want in the trenches alongside me!

kdjr100

I agree it was a bad decision to bring him on, would have prefered Duff. However we need to stick by Kaca, he has natural talent and anybody who has played on the wing knows how much of a confidence game it is. One good perormance by him and he could become the hard working, creative and quick winger we have been crying out for, for years.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

JDH101

Quote from: Andy S on February 12, 2014, 11:28:28 PM
Kaka will be fine in the championship with either us or another club but he hasn't got enough for the premier for me. Not his fault we lost though. Reither should know not to make tackles like that in the box....

I think the Championship is beyond him. Well, I think a team wanting automatic promotion would not have him in his side. Mid to lower championship side is probably his level.

HatterDon

I agree. Ithink we should get rid of Kaca because he's total crap. How dare Rene sub him in for the guy we were saying was total crap just a couple of weeks ago!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St Eve

Kasami would have been a better choice but Kaca is far from crap

MJG

You could tell that Richardson was done and had to come off. Its was going to be tough for whoever came on, be it Duff-Kasami-Kaca. I would probably gone for Duff but I suspect Rene felt if Kaca could get on the ball he is more direct than the other two.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

TonyGilroy

We ran out of steam, Richardson (who'd been excellent) in particular.

The idea, I'd guess, was to try to relieve pressure by having someone who could get hold of the ball and keep possession moving forward.

Kaka did OK. He shows flashes and I think there could be much more to come from him. He needs to be less tentative. He's young enough to improve and I think a lot of Rene's selections right now are based on that.

ltd-ffc

richardson had a slight niggle i reckon i highly doubt would of taken him off otherwise
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Jack Fulham

Richardson had run himself into the ground. Kacaniklic would give us a bit of pace on the counter.