watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where do we pick up the needed 18-20?

Started by Northern Cottager, February 12, 2014, 10:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

2 good performances and close to an extra 2 points which would have took us incredibly close to pulling out already.

Do we genuinely see us getting out of this? Head says yes, heart says no. Where can you see the points coming from?

West brom
Chelsea
Cardiff
Newcastle
Man City
Everton
Villa
Norwich
Spurs
Hull
Stoke
Palarse

Can't see us getting more than 15 points...

Plodder

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 12, 2014, 10:35:57 PM

Do we genuinely see us getting out of this? Head says yes, heart says no. Where can you see the points coming from?

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you inadvertently have confused your head and your heart - at least, I hope you have.

DUKE

I suppose after the last two games performance every game seems winnable.

Danitar

I see west brom, Cardiff, Newcastle, villa, Norwich, hull, stoke and palace as potential wins. I think we will need 6 wins as a minimum. But we have plenty of winnable games. Like someone said we have 1 or 2 games where we will lose. Keep the faith

westcliff white

When did we score two goals In Consecutive games? If we continue to defend as a team like the last two games and we continue to put chances away I do believe we will pick up close to the 18 you mention. The point against utd was a bonus as would a point have been tonight, a point we should have got in my opinion.
Every day is a Fulham day

andyk

If we can get to 26 points before the last five games, it will be squeaky bum time for everyone, we will be in with a real shout.

Admin

Quote from: andyk on February 12, 2014, 10:45:52 PM
If we can get to 26 points before the last five games, it will be squeaky bum time for everyone, we will be in with a real shout.

I'd like to see us on 30 pts by the last 5 games, but just can't see it. I think we've honestly blown our chuff.. Holding onto that point tonight would have given me a bit more hope.

nixie-ffc

my humble opinion;

West brom 3pts
Chelsea royaume uni null point
Cardiff 3pts
Newcastle 1pt
Man City royaume uni null point
Everton 1pt
Villa 3pts
Norwich 3pts
Spurs 1pt
Hull 1pt
Stoke 1pt
Palarse 3pts

there you go 20 pts. nurse me meds pls...

ffc73

My head says we won't do it.

My heart says we win 5 of our last 6 home games & something at WBA, Cardiff, Villa & Stoke

DUKE

wins against west brom,cardif,newcastle,norwich,hull, palace. 18 pts
draw: chelsea, villa, spurs 3pts
(with a bit of luck maybe everton at home depends how far from 4th spot they are) 41-44 points

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Plodder on February 12, 2014, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 12, 2014, 10:35:57 PM

Sorry to be pedantic, but I think you inadvertently have confused your head and your heart - at least, I hope you have.

Haha, you're right. Hadn't re-read it before clicking 'post'

Primate

Quote from: nixie-ffc on February 12, 2014, 10:53:06 PM
my humble opinion;

West brom 3pts
Chelsea royaume uni null point
Cardiff 3pts
Newcastle 1pt
Man City royaume uni null point
Everton 1pt
Villa 3pts
Norwich 3pts
Spurs 1pt
Hull 1pt
Stoke 1pt
Palarse 3pts

there you go 20 pts. nurse me meds pls...

Newcastle are really poor at the minute, we should be looking to be getting points there and at home to hull. You're overestimating our chances of getting a win at west brom and draws against spurs and everton.

I kind of hope that we can carry on putting in spirited performances to keep the morale up, the cardiff game is postponed due to them going through to the next round of the FA cup and we can put together a run after the Everton game.

Lighthouse

It doesn't matter who we play if we continue to have defending like that. Liverpool scored a great goal. But the other two were stoppable and we were poor defending. Enough has been said about Reither already so I shall say no more.

I doubt we will escape but at least we are showing some effort and heart and with a forward playing that is better than Bent than who knows. Lots of good to look forward too and we have some hope. Left it too late maybe but then at least we do have a team at last.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

my hope

West brom 3pts
Chelsea 1pt
Cardiff 3pts
Newcastle 3pts
Man City expect 0
Everton expect 0
Villa 3pts
Norwich 3pts
Spurs 1pt
Hull 3pts
Stoke 1pt
Palace 3pts
24 pts I cannot expect any more than that and we may not get all the points but we will get most

DukeTyrion

I think we only need 17 points and wins against West Brom, Cardiff, Norwich, Hull and Palace is most of that.

Not only that, but those wins also keep points away from those teams too.

EJL

35 will be enough this season, I reckon.

The Rock

No and no.

The winnable games you mention we have been losing. Sunderland 4-1. Cardiff I think same scoreline.

We always have a go at the big teams. 25-30% possession these days is all we can produce against them and we were lucky against Utd. Lack of investment has caught up.

So, if we really are that much better, especially with our new Greek lad, we'll get the points easy. If not, we'll finish 20th.

I do believe Rene will get the best out of the lads - tonight could not have been a better performance against a side a few leagues above our current starting 11.

callumc513

Quote from: EJL on February 12, 2014, 11:53:38 PM
35 will be enough this season, I reckon.

Completely agree, conceivably even less if you actually run through the remaining fixtures for every team.
The gulf in class between the top 7/8 and everyone else seems much greater this season than in recent memory.

Pluto

It's do-able:

West brom 1pt
Chelsea 0[ts
Cardiff 3pts
Newcastle 3pts
Man City 0pts
Everton 0pts
Villa 3pts
Norwich 3pts
Spurs 0pts
Hull 3pts
Stoke 1pt
Palace 3pts

20pts which should just see us safe

Northern Cottager

I like everyones optimism but we're bound to slip up where we expect us to win. I see us down and in the Championship for a fair few years.