https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads: Appointment of Felix Magath

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 14, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 15, 2014, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on February 15, 2014, 11:31:33 AM
It amazes me how so many on here are so expert regarding Magath, great appointment etc, , tell the truth, without Google  and Wili most would not have a clue about him, stick with who you know is what should have happened.

I know nothing except what I've read in the last 12 hours.

For better or worse we have him so let's hope for the best.
That wasn't aimed at you Tony at all but to the general "knowledgeable "  :023: other posters on here

Jack Fulham

Magath is a nutjob with a great record of short term success. He saved a few teams in situations like this from relegation in the Bundesliga. He's also won Bundesliga three times (2x Bayern, 1x Wolfsburg).

epsomraver

Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 15, 2014, 11:48:44 AM
Magath is a nutjob with a great record of short term success. He saved a few teams in situations like this from relegation in the Bundesliga. He's also won Bundesliga three times (2x Bayern, 1x Wolfsburg).
Wolfsburg went down 3-0 at Schalke, without as much as a whimper of resistance. "We don't find the right way to play together at the moment," said the Brazilian midfielder Diego. But how could they? Magath has already used 21 different players out of his ridiculously large squad of 32, and the constant tactical changes and different lineups are only betraying a lack of any ideas.

Sound familiar? Also is this the mighty Wolsburg that Little old Fulham dumped out the Europa?

11friends

Felix Magath the manager "of pain"  :Haynes The Maestro:

This will be a hard time for each player !

RaySmith

The deed is done.

Now we have to get behind the bloke, and the team. Don't condemn before he's even started. It's not his fault that Rene was sacked, any more than it was Rene's fault that Jol was sacked.

Maybe this will be the catalyst that will save us from the drop.

epsomraver

Quote from: 11friends on February 15, 2014, 11:53:35 AM
Felix Magath the manager "of pain"  :Haynes The Maestro:

This will be a hard time for each player !
Even harder for the paying fan to watch by the sound of it!

Jack Fulham

Quote from: epsomraver on February 15, 2014, 11:51:38 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on February 15, 2014, 11:48:44 AM
Wolfsburg went down 3-0 at Schalke, without as much as a whimper of resistance. "We don't find the right way to play together at the moment," said the Brazilian midfielder Diego. But how could they? Magath has already used 21 different players out of his ridiculously large squad of 32, and the constant tactical changes and different lineups are only betraying a lack of any ideas.

Sound familiar? Also is this the mighty Wolsburg that Little old Fulham dumped out the Europa?

Yes, we can all pick and choose are quotes I suppose. As I said a nutjob with short term success if you look at first stint at Wolfsburg, it started beating relegation, coming 2nd and then winning the title the following season. Clearly the guy is a bit crazy but maybe that is what we need to stay up. Not saying its the right appointment but its the latest card we've been dealt.

Plenty of stuff, good and bad to read in here re Magath http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1xy3w3/okay_rsoccer_felix_magath_is_not_literally_satan/

TonyGilroy

Quote from: epsomraver on February 15, 2014, 11:48:25 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 15, 2014, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on February 15, 2014, 11:31:33 AM
It amazes me how so many on here are so expert regarding Magath, great appointment etc, , tell the truth, without Google  and Wili most would not have a clue about him, stick with who you know is what should have happened.

I know nothing except what I've read in the last 12 hours.

For better or worse we have him so let's hope for the best.
That wasn't aimed at you Tony at all but to the general "knowledgeable "  :023: other posters on here

Yeah I know - everyone but you and me. The rest are just wasting our time.

WhiteJC

Quote from: rusty shackleford on February 14, 2014, 09:26:32 PM
He drinks tea at his pressers. I like it

I hope thats a White Mao Feng or a nice Camomile, Felix

alternatively...

ron

Quote from: WhiteJC on February 15, 2014, 01:39:19 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on February 14, 2014, 09:26:32 PM
He drinks tea at his pressers. I like it

I hope thats a White Mao Feng or a nice Camomile, Felix

alternatively...

....I didn't think they allowed photography at AA meetings.......

hazzaffc

let me just say that i'm gutted rene was sacked, i think he was doing everything right with us, and we had a decent english backroom staff to go with it. However i will say that magath is a top manager in the bundesliga, won it 3 times in the last 10 years. Been in charge of a majority of the top clubs in that league. Lets just see how it goes, he worked with reither and dejagah when they won the league. Just get behind the guy and see how it goes, stop moaning and try and help the situation

grandad

Magath has been appointed to cut the wage bill. He will achieve this with his method of fining players for misdemeanors.
Where there's a will there's a wife

vagrant

A lot of comments on this board during the last 24 hours are mainly supporters opinions. That's all, opinions.  So let's actually look at some facts.

Rene, nice man I know, wasn't doing it.  It's ok pointing out a couple of improvements in our last two matches performance wise, but we still weren't that brilliant. And shouldn't we be expecting better performances anyway.

Fact, the games against Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland and Sheffield Utd, we were woeful. In fifty years of watching Fulham, the cup game was probably the most embarrassed and ashamed I have ever been.  At least in the old days when we were dross, the players were dross as well, unlike today's highly paid "stars".

Fact, Felix has won three German league titles, and saved other clubs from what was deemed to be certain relegation.  If he's upset certain people in the process, so be it.  But are those facts or just opinions again.

I hope Rene does stay on in a coaching capacity, but highly unlikely. One last thing, when he was at Brondby, didn't he leave because of a fallout of some description.  Fact or another opinion??

Sgt Fulham

Either never recruit Rene, or give him time. This is the stupidest option Khan could have picked in my opinion.

YankeeJim

It's quite possible that Felix was the original target to replace Jol. Maybe management never gave the title to René because he never was intended to be gaffer. If so, the club should have advised René of that at the time. I do think they treated him shabbily. I truly hope they can work it out with hi  and have him stay on as coach.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

For me it is not about who is better
It is the way this  was handled

Announced on SKY  After 17:00 on a Friday night
No news on the main site
Main site crashes
@ 19:00 News of The Cat's appointment
no other news

A day after that announcement
This is the main FulhamFC site
http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/staff

It is  friggin .................................. mortifying. 

Patrick

LBNo11

...Meulensteen was not afforded the time that his predecessor, who is the cause of all the current ills was given. Had RM been appointed earlier I believe he would have been the long term future of the club, I strongly believe that he will 'do' a Bobby Robson and make his fortunes elsewhere that will benefit another club and we will rue his leaving.

We all seem bemused that Rene started so well and then Curbishley and the crab were appointed and we consequently 'went off the boil', so why were they appointed rather than instead bringing in Magath as manager and RM coaching with the later intention of bringing RM in as manager having learned from Ferguson and Magath and for the long term good of Fulham FC..?

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

nose

Quote from: vagrant on February 15, 2014, 05:41:41 PM
A lot of comments on this board during the last 24 hours are mainly supporters opinions. That's all, opinions.  So let's actually look at some facts.

Rene, nice man I know, wasn't doing it.  It's ok pointing out a couple of improvements in our last two matches performance wise, but we still weren't that brilliant. And shouldn't we be expecting better performances anyway.

Fact, the games against Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland and Sheffield Utd, we were woeful. In fifty years of watching Fulham, the cup game was probably the most embarrassed and ashamed I have ever been.  At least in the old days when we were dross, the players were dross as well, unlike today's highly paid "stars".

Fact, Felix has won three German league titles, and saved other clubs from what was deemed to be certain relegation.  If he's upset certain people in the process, so be it.  But are those facts or just opinions again.

I hope Rene does stay on in a coaching capacity, but highly unlikely. One last thing, when he was at Brondby, didn't he leave because of a fallout of some description.  Fact or another opinion??

the fact is success at one club is no guarantee of success elsewhere
fact rhe man hasn't coached in england and knows nothing of our league
fact rene picked up a dreadful sqaud and has just purchased a number of exciting new players, the two performances against two of the best teams in the land showed that we were probably going to do really well in the coming games
fact changing the manager three times in a season almost always fails.

it depends which facts you want to think are more persuasive
if the object is survival the board have in fact picked the higher risk strategy.

Baszab