watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads: Appointment of Felix Magath

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 14, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Fulham Football Club today announced the hiring of Felix Magath as First Team Manager, effective immediately.

The announcement was made jointly by Chairman Shahid Khan and CEO Alistair Mackintosh. Magath receives an 18-month contract. An announcement on the Fulham backroom staff will be made in the near future.

Statement from Shahid Khan

"I am very happy to welcome Felix Magath to Fulham Football Club.  Felix is an accomplished manager with multiple honours in the Bundesliga and a hunger to replicate his success with Fulham in the Barclays Premier League. I'm especially impressed with the reputation Felix has for coming into clubs at difficult times, often late in the season, and lifting them to their potential and beyond. Felix knows that is precisely the task awaiting him at Fulham, and he made it abundantly clear that he wants and is ready for the opportunity.

"Our Club has shown promise in recent matches, but the fact is we have not won a league match since January 1. Given our form, we can no longer merely hope that our fortunes will finally turn. And with 12 matches remaining and at least four points separating us from safety, we certainly can no longer post empty results. Action was required.

"Alistair Mackintosh did a wonderful job during the January transfer window to improve our Club. This week, Alistair recommended Felix, with his history of producing results for Clubs with similar challenges as ours, as the new manager of Fulham. Alistair's recommendation received my complete approval and Felix has my unequivocal support."

Statement from Alistair Mackintosh

"The opportunity to bring in a manager with the experience of Felix Magath would typically be unlikely at this point in the season. However, Felix relishes this challenge. He is very impressed with our squad and commitment by Mr. Khan, and his confidence is precisely what we need over these final three months of the season. I thank Mr. Khan for his support and we are all looking forward to welcoming Felix to Fulham."
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Toby Ward-Smith

PaulJ123

No mentioned of Rene, Wilkins, Curbishley?

Wow

Berserker

God that's a bit sudden. Hope Rene stays. But surely one of the other two would have to go?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

btings

bulgariawhite

This is madness gone berserk. The fans will never understand will they? I am lost for words to continue

Toby Ward-Smith

He has managed Bayern, Wolfsburg and Schalke to name just a few

General

Makes little sense. Could you blame riether? Shot out of the blue.

bigalffc

New chant "we've got four managers" hope Rene stays on as head coach - don't much care about the other two
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Berserker

Yep as I said previously in another thread, we have now become a Monty Python sketch

- Martin Luther King Jr.

westcliff white

grandad

We are his 12th club in the last 12 years. Does not seem to hang around very long.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Berserker

You sure he is sacked?

- Martin Luther King Jr.

westcliff white

i fear the worst now. that pen aganist liverpool has been costly for rene

Pluto

What the hell?!? This is ridiculous. I'm speechless.

rusty shackleford

what in the hell is goin on at our club?

TonyGilroy

Astonished frankly. Rene must be too but it's not impossible that he'll stay as head coach.

We do now know that Khan is determined to be successful at Fulham. Time will tell if this is a smart move though. My feeling is that Rene was getting things right.

westcliff white

bulgariawhite

Our club is being destroyed. Got to be a laughing stock.