https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads: Appointment of Felix Magath

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 14, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on February 14, 2014, 06:57:42 PM
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/14/magath-appointed

Never heard of him. Whats happening to Rene?

Never heard of him>  One of the world's best known managers/coaches
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Pluto

Rene hasn't even had a chance to build a team. We are an embaressment.

KHAN OUT

The Old Count

Really bad decision. He has no experience of the Premier League, things were coming together under Rene, 12 games to go.
What will the players make of this? More changes to become accustomed to.
It all smacks of panic by Khan.  
I am very unhappy about this.

cusackdribble

Sounds like a nice bloke though...

As a manager, Magath quickly gained respect and became notorious for his hard, grinding training methods, laying heavy emphasis on discipline, fitness and conditioning. Players gave him nicknames like "Saddam" (Saddam Hussein) or "Quälix", a rhyming mash of his first name Felix and the German verb "quälen" (to torture).[6] He was once described by former Eintracht Frankfurt player Bachirou Salou as the "last dictator in Europe"

Matt Inglis

There's only one Emma's burger stand.

westcliff white

we need rene back he was getting the players working
Every day is a Fulham day

Chesh

I think most of us were fully behind Rene, after the last two gritty performances, and expected to have a right go at West Brom - we should have at least waited until the assessment of that performance - surely?

Absolutely shocked, and have the feeling for the first time ever that someone is toying with my club at the worst possible moment.

Yes, we might survive, but under Rene I think we could have had real long term development, plus every chance of staying up.

The club shouldn't have forced Curbishley and Wilkins on him, as I don't believe they were his choice, and made his early progress stutter.

:doh:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

TonyGilroy

We'd have been delighted if he been appointed 3 or 4 months ago but now when we're all enthused after the last two performances? Seems crazy to me but, as I said above, this proves that Khan will do what it takes to make us successful. The drift is over but I fear that this decision is just plain wrong.

Or maybe Rene's indecision over the last few months has not impressed Mackintosh and Khan.

PaulJ123

As harsh as it is, if Magath manages to turn us around now we'll be lauding Khan for making this decision. Remember Adkins at Southampton?

I know this is a different situation but Rene was hardly pulling up trees and whos to say he wouldve kept us up. The fact we had 2 ok games vs man u and liverpool doesn't change the fact of the poor run we're on.

WBA is a MUST win game so hopefully we get the new manager effect that can string a few wins together and get us out of trouble.

Very un-Fulham decision but its happened now

Fulham76

Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous!! What is this clown Khan up to? Why let Rene spend big on the Greek & bring in the other players he wanted & then do this? Particularly when we seem to be improving.
It was Khan's fault for not replacing Jol early enough, yet takes out his cock up on Rene.
I know we've been spoilt by Al Fayed & we're all panicking but what the hell in this idiot up to???

7787fulham

So have we now become the new blackburn. New owner 3 managers in 1 season in the relegation I thought rene was turning it around

Pluto

westcliff white

its a joke, i feel like emailing the club complaining
Every day is a Fulham day

jmh

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 14, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous!! What is this clown Khan up to? Why let Rene spend big on the Greek & bring in the other players he wanted & then do this?
"Rene" didn't spend big on the Greek, because Rene was head coach, not manager, and never had any control over things like transfers.  

Danitar

rusty shackleford

Quote from: westcliff white on February 14, 2014, 07:23:27 PM
its a joke, i feel like emailing the club complaining

Woahhh, lets not do anything rash

DeuceBigelow

Very harsh on Rene. Would really want him to stay as head coach.
If it keeps us up, then a good move.
Riverside Block W

Swiss72

One thing is sure: there will be much more (defensive) discipline now. He is a very tough manager, something we did not have for a while.
Given the 10 day break this was now or never to make a last ditch change. He may well join to bring us back up quickly if things do not improve immediately.
I just hate the way Rene was dispatched. No class. Smacks of panic. Hope Wilkins goes as well.

SimpleTactics

Rene was told by phone call from Ali Mac. Jim White just spoke to him and said on ssn that he was socked and think Fulham have pushed the panic button.

Baggins

Can this new guy keep is up? Apparently he his the German equivalent of tony pulis! :dead horse:  fp.gif 090.gif
COYW!