watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads: Appointment of Felix Magath

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 14, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkCity

Give him 2 games, if we don't get 6 points, sack him !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

hn4fulham

WOW! Just WOW! This is just a shocking decision. Can't say I'm surprised at what's happening to our club when you have a new owner who doesn't understand the league and buying the club at our toughest times in the league!

rockieroad

Embarrassing. I was prepared to go down with Rene as manager. Even if Felix does save us this move will never sit right with me.

Twig

Quote from: Putney on February 14, 2014, 07:35:52 PM
Glad he's gone, terrible manager.

Scraping a draw at Old Trafford was not an indication that we were going to get out of it. We didn't deserve anything against Liverpool either. 34 goals conceded in 13 games, which 3 of those were wins, 1 a draw and 9 losses is unacceptable.

Cheerio Rene. Worse than Sanchez.

I smell a strong whiff of bull

MOR :

Magath's last club job was with Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga 2011-12.

Baider

What does this mean for Mitroglou?

From what I've read about Magath is that he is a fitness freak and wants his players to be 1000% match fit before they step on the pitch. I would have thought that Rene would have pushed him into the first team a bit sooner than he was actually ready in pure desperation for goals (and that he'd just spent £11million on him)

Wonder how long it will be until Mitroglou starts a game

Sammyffc

lots of reports saying he has recalled ruiz . what the hell is going on . oh my god .

TonyGilroy

Quote from: epsomraver on February 14, 2014, 07:48:49 PM
It's all about MONEY, Khan sees the club as an investment and is not going to let #80 million tv money go, very short sighted I feel, and very Blackburn

But isn't that what we want. Preservation of Premier League status as the absolute priority. This may not give us that of course but at least the owner is trying.

Berserker

Well I'm definitely going to the West Brom game now
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Danitar

I would like to see how the new players are going to take this guy. Especially tunnicliffe and cole.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/14/magath-appointed

Magath Appointed
Friday 14 February 2014 18:51

Fulham Football Club today announced the hiring of Felix Magath as First Team Manager, effective immediately.

The announcement was made jointly by Chairman Shahid Khan and CEO Alistair Mackintosh. Magath receives an 18-month contract. An announcement on the Fulham backroom staff will be made in the near future.

Statement from Shahid Khan

"I am very happy to welcome Felix Magath to Fulham Football Club.  Felix is an accomplished manager with multiple honours in the Bundesliga and a hunger to replicate his success with Fulham in the Barclays Premier League. I'm especially impressed with the reputation Felix has for coming into clubs at difficult times, often late in the season, and lifting them to their potential and beyond. Felix knows that is precisely the task awaiting him at Fulham, and he made it abundantly clear that he wants and is ready for the opportunity.

"Our Club has shown promise in recent matches, but the fact is we have not won a league match since January 1. Given our form, we can no longer merely hope that our fortunes will finally turn. And with 12 matches remaining and at least four points separating us from safety, we certainly can no longer post empty results. Action was required.

"Alistair Mackintosh did a wonderful job during the January transfer window to improve our Club. This week, Alistair recommended Felix, with his history of producing results for Clubs with similar challenges as ours, as the new manager of Fulham. Alistair's recommendation received my complete approval and Felix has my unequivocal support."

Statement from Alistair Mackintosh

"The opportunity to bring in a manager with the experience of Felix Magath would typically be unlikely at this point in the season. However, Felix relishes this challenge. He is very impressed with our squad and commitment by Mr. Khan, and his confidence is precisely what we need over these final three months of the season. I thank Mr. Khan for his support and we are all looking forward to welcoming Felix to Fulham

howitis

PokerMatt makes a valid/good point - Rene was probably the wrong appointment in the first place.

Reading between the lines it would appear that Ali Mack has stabbed Rene in the back to save his own arse. Alistair was the man who chased Jol and then recommended Rene. I have also heard on good authority that much of our transfer activity was not led by Rene.

Personally, I think the performances and team selection under Rene has been poor. I liked the man and he came across well in his interviews but we needed consistency.

I hope Wilkins and Curbs have also left.

As for this chap, he certainly isn't particularly popular with fans and players of previous teams he managed but maybe we need the edge that a strong leader will bring in the next 12 games. I just hope the players react in the right way.

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

gerrys

Does it say anywhere that Rene has gone?...............maybe he is still Head Coach

Barrie

This makes absolutely no sense to me.  

As I see it, Rene was finally finding his feet as a manager, making tough calls to drop senior players, building a togetherness and fighting spirit in the team, then they go and sack him and appoint a new man who has absolutely no knowledge of the players at his disposal and no time to get to do so.  This seems an incoherent decision.  

But if this guy pulls if off, we will be hailing the appointment.  

I'll be sad to see Rene go, there seemed to a lot of goodwill towards him as they sort of man who we would like to have seen lead the club into the future and to bring through our young players.

robert

For me good and brave decision-our immediate appreciation should be with supporting Khan's courageous call and as a devout FFC supporter hope this move will pay off!!

TonyGilroy

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Fulham FC Fan

Great Move. Fulham is on the path to relegation. So after a tie to Man U.and a loss to Liverpool, he gives his club 4 DAYS OFF to rest. Thats right folks... 4 days off. The team is to report back on Monday.

Good riddance Rene.