more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

roy hodgson

Started by nose, February 14, 2014, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Quote from: nose on February 15, 2014, 04:43:22 PM

i had the same feeling about rene, i think in the long run he was the correct man and would have come good.... we will now never know.

I agree with that.

We may have appointed a guy in his place who's long past his best or a top quality A list manager. I fear the former but he's what we now have so no real point bitching about it.

nose

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 15, 2014, 05:36:22 PM
Quote from: nose on February 15, 2014, 04:43:22 PM

i had the same feeling about rene, i think in the long run he was the correct man and would have come good.... we will now never know.

I agree with that.

We may have appointed a guy in his place who's long past his best or a top quality A list manager. I fear the former but he's what we now have so no real point bitching about it.

actually there is a point to bitchin' about it for two reasons
1. it is all we can do
2. we were here before the ceo and khan, and will be here (well i will anyway) after they go, they are making our club look genuinely shambolic and i do not like it one little bit. I watch one pathetically incorrect descision after another and am poweless to do anything to stop the shambles other than come on the MB and vent my spleen!

So just to recall the appointment of jol was insane, and i more or less said so at the time, he was a second rate underachieving bully boy with a grossly over inflated reputation. To keep him past the first season was even worse a descision and how we kept him this season defies belief. the bloke was a walking disaster area! I thought given time and support rene would come good and now we have dumpped him, at virtually the worst possible moment and replaced him with by all accounts an ageing bully boy of the worst sort who knows nothing of our game in england.
What else cvn i do but bitch about it? in fact i feel duty bound so to do. Otherwise what is the MB for?

TonyGilroy

I wasn't trying to shut down discussion or venting. That's what we do here.

Fact is though that like it or not, for better or worse, Magath is the manager and we'd better hope he succeeds.

MikeW

God, I hate to say it but do you think Hughes saw through Ali Mac and realised his pension rating mattered more than the goodwill of the club?  Looks like that now.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

NogoodBoyo

What MikeW says is viciously true.  Hughes seems to have been the only one with enough eggs to stand up to Mo & Mack.  Do you remember the shellacking he received for it.
They sold him a bill of goods about budgets.  He called them out on it.  He left on a point of principle.
Now we see the mess Mo & Mack created.  Of course, Mo has gone, but Mack?  What is he still doing in our house?
Nogood "should go the way of Gannex, isit" Boyo

aaronmcguigan

I blame the curse of the Mj statue

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Oakeshott

I think some of the criticisms of Khan and Mac may prove to be unfair.

It seems to be assumed that Mac was fully behind Jol, and therefore, given Khan's absence of knowledge, it is unsurprising that he kept Jol on when he took over. Arguably Khan kept Jol on for a few more games than was appropriate, but when he did rid us of him we weren't too badly placed vis-à-vis other possible relegation targets and there was much of the season to go.

Appointing Rene was obviously something of a gamble, because of his lack of managerial experience, but not a gamble many here overly criticised, given his sparkling reputation as a coach. And at times things seemed to be working out. But in the light of performances against some of the lesser clubs in the Premiership (not to mention Sheffield United) one couldn't be completely confident that Rene would achieve the consistency of selection, performance and results to keep us up. The break, having exited the Cup, gave the only realistic opportunity for a further change, and clearly Khan, presumably advised by Mac, sees the hugely experienced FM as more likely to get the necessary performances over the next dozen games than R. We will of course never know if he is right in that judgement, but given FM's track record and the lack of consistency of performances under Rene it seems to me to be an understandable call, which we must hope comes off.

What I think it does show, especially when the investment made during the transfer window is taken into account, is that Khan is determined to do his best to keep us a Premiership side. That is surely a plus.

Berserker

Quote from: HatterDon on February 16, 2014, 05:55:02 AM
Quote from: aaronmcguigan on February 16, 2014, 02:58:58 AM
I blame the curse of the Mj statue

I blame the Clintons

Not enough nudge nudge wink wink activity to blame them.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.