Felix interview

Started by grandad, February 16, 2014, 04:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Sammyffc

is that moussa i can see in the video ?

General

Well - speaks alright english. doesn't look like Rene etc are on the training ground at the moment, but perhaps they may be having future discussions either with the old team, or bringing in a new one soon - that said, not having one in, isn't exactly good. Bit of a shambles by ownership/senior management.

General

sunburywhite

Has he had them in training today?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Danitar

Quote from: sunburywhite on February 16, 2014, 04:57:07 PM
Has he had them in training today?

Yeah they've been in today for Felix to have a look

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

jj____

He's certainly saying the right things as newly appointed managers tend to do.  Hope this dude instills some focus and attention to detail the side have surely been lacking.

Big Martin Jol

I think Rene might have been alright (in the sense of having a job) if he'd kept his mouth shut. Still, I'm sure he won't be out of work for long.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Wingnut

Just watching a piece on BT about him. He had a hill built in Wolfsburg that the team had to run up and down every day until the couldn't walk. Madman, I think we might end up loving this guy. He has the potential to be a legend. Imagine Berba under him!
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

EJL

I know René has been done over by this whole thing, but I'll never understand the habit of professional sportspeople running straight to the press when something goes wrong. It just comes across as spineless as the actions he fell victim to.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: EJL on February 16, 2014, 06:44:23 PM
I know René has been done over by this whole thing, but I'll never understand the habit of professional sportspeople running straight to the press when something goes wrong. It just comes across as spineless as the actions he fell victim to.

The problem probably is that the press run straight to them and they lack the composure to avoid giving a story.

Aaron

It's all talk of course but his initial reaction to Sarah's question about keeping us up was to be almost affronted at the suggestion we'd go down with him at the helm.

I like that.

Maybe Rene was just too nice a guy to be head honcho.  The last man we had as manager was a nice guy too and look where that got us.

I've come around again.  I have a feeling this appointment might be an utter stroke of genius by the club.  Someone remind me I said that when I'm sitting in the away end at Forest on a Wednesday night next year.

Admin

Quote from: Aaron on February 16, 2014, 07:45:38 PM
It's all talk of course but his initial reaction to Sarah's question about keeping us up was to be almost affronted at the suggestion we'd go down with him at the helm.

I like that.

Maybe Rene was just too nice a guy to be head honcho.  The last man we had as manager was a nice guy too and look where that got us.

I've come around again.  I have a feeling this appointment might be an utter stroke of genius by the club.  Someone remind me I said that when I'm sitting in the away end at Forest on a Wednesday night next year.

I also believe this. I was calm as anything when it happened, and couldn't believe the initial meltdown. We were going down with Rene' whether fans liked it or not. 

hovewhite

Its great for the sport channels but murder for supporters of the club.he has total confidence he will keep us up in the video,I hope so also he may have that spark to get the players believing.

Bronaldinho

These video's just lack Rene's positivity :(

I loved Rene's pre-game videos, he said the right things and showed that he cared. He started to love Fulham! Magath may well eventually love us, but something about him seems like angrier version of Martin Jol. Bit boring, but I wouldn't want to cross him. Seems like a scary bloke.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ToodlesMcToot

I thought Boateng was gone out on loan. Or did I have that wrong?

Pretty sure that was him anyway walking across screen at the very last shot of training.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Count Berbatov

He's very confident in his abilities to keep Fulham up.
I like that. Let's wait and see. Hope Rene sticks around
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

alfie

Quote from: Wingnut on February 16, 2014, 06:39:04 PM
Just watching a piece on BT about him. He had a hill built in Wolfsburg that the team had to run up and down every day until the couldn't walk. Madman, I think we might end up loving this guy. He has the potential to be a legend. Imagine Berba under him!

Mr Tigana done exactly the same thing at Motspur, i know because when i was there i tried it a few times, bloody hard work.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Count Berbatov on February 17, 2014, 07:19:43 AM
Hope Rene sticks around

I don't and I'm sure he won't.

The last thing Magath needs is a resentful head coach hoping for failure to prove that he shouldn't have been replaced.

It may well be that things could have been handled better but as things are there can be no future at the club for Muelensteen.

Rene's public reaction whilst very understandable has burnt his bridges. I'm sure I'd have reacted in the same way.