watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will we see a change in formation??

Started by JackyFulham90, February 17, 2014, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I was doing some research on Felix Magath & found out he likes to play a 4-4-2 formation, but do we have the players to play that system?? I'm not sure that we do but for interest sake I came up with a team I think could play that formation for him.

Stekelenburg
Riether Heitinga Hangeland Riise
Dejagah Kvist Sidwell Holtby
               Mitraglou Dembele

I am very interested to see if he changes formations for our big game Saturday.

Sammyffc

i can't see him playing Dembele , i think it will be bent . hate to say it , but darren will get the nob over hugo and dembele

ChesterTheTabby

With another strike partner, anyone here think Bent may actually knock a few more in? He is not a lone striker, he needs another player to draw attention from defenders so that he use his pace (what is left of it) so get cheeky through balls.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JackyFulham90

Yeah I am sure Bent would do well in a 2 man striker force, obviously Dembele is highly rated & would offer some pace, Saturday will be interesting can't wait to see his line up

VamosFFC

I looked up the starting lineups Magath played during Wolfsburg championship year in 2009, and it says he played a 4-1-3-2 most of the time. But at his latest spell at Wolfsburb, he played a 4-4-2 mostly. So, who knows what formation he will play, but it looks like he likes two forwards, which most have picked up on. I for one like the idea of playing two up top. Gives us a better chance of scoring.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I went through some old zonal markings where Magath was in charge. Seems like he favors a narrow 442 similar to Hosgson's (almost becoming a 4222 with possession). If I could guess a lineup for West Brom it would be Riether, Heitenga, Hangeland, and Richardson across the back, Kvist and Sidwell as DMs, Dejagah and Dempsey (for the time being) as AMs with Holtby in the Gera role behind Mitroglou. Looks like width will have to come from the fullbacks so if Richardson is to continue his good form out wide it will have to be as a fullback.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Sammyffc on February 17, 2014, 12:26:38 AM
but darren will get the nob over hugo and dembele

another great typo  064.gif
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

KP_FFC

bmasar

Curious why a few of you think he will pick Hangeland over Burn. Burn seems to have the energy/passion/desire Felix favors.

Northern Cottager

TonyGilroy

Hopefully he'll pick a system to suit the players he's got.

My hunch is the Liverpool team with obviously Mitroglu for Bent and maybe Dejagah for Tunnicliffe.

Bronaldinho

I hope we don't got 4-4-2.

Mitroglou should stay up top as he's our most lethal weapon, if he's asked to track back because Darren won't then his game will probably get affected.

I'd go to 4-3-3:

Stek
Riether Burn Heitinga Riise
         Kvist
    Holtby Sidwell/Tunnicliffe
Dejagah Mitroglou Richardson

Then in defense you can change to a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Holders

I fear that he's going to have to go through the same player familiarisation/learning curve that Rene did. We don't have time left to go through all that again.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Holders on February 17, 2014, 09:32:59 AM
I fear that he's going to have to go through the same player familiarisation/learning curve that Rene did. We don't have time left to go through all that again.

He knows that immediate results are a must. That suggests minimal changes at first given the Liverpool pergormance and take it from there.

Craven Mad

From what I understand Felix is great at achieving instant results. I'm not sure Felix will need the same 'learning curve' as Rene did - who was, admittedly, learning on the job. Very interested to see how we line up against Brom.

Snibbo

Quote from: bmasar on February 17, 2014, 03:04:59 AM
Curious why a few of you think he will pick Hangeland over Burn. Burn seems to have the energy/passion/desire Felix favors.
Agreed. The Heitinga Burn combo must stay

filham

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 17, 2014, 09:46:28 AM
Quote from: Holders on February 17, 2014, 09:32:59 AM

He knows that immediate results are a must. That suggests minimal changes at first given the Liverpool pergormance and take it from there.
So right.
Rene used 36 different players in 17 games and  one or two changes still had to be made if we were going to find a winning team. This uncertainty has to stop now.

We have 12 games left from which we need 18 points, there really is no time for experiment, Magath has to explain to the coaches his philosophy and then listen to them before deciding on his team selection and limit his changes to no more than a player a game.

Magrath cannot be given the luxury of a learning curve, a result is needed from the first game.

Admin

Quote from: Craven Mad on February 17, 2014, 10:05:50 AM
From what I understand Felix is great at achieving instant results. I'm not sure Felix will need the same 'learning curve' as Rene did - who was, admittedly, learning on the job. Very interested to see how we line up against Brom.

He has his work cut out then as we need 'instant results' starting as of this weekend.

JackyFulham90

He knows he needs instant results that's why players like Dejagah & Hangeland will be recalled. Whether we agree with that or not I think that is what he will do

Bassey the warrior

Should be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. Two strikers is a recipe for disaster. We need to win the midfield battle.