watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So now we know - Official statement! Rene gone - Merged

Started by cmg, February 18, 2014, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUKE

Fulham Football Club have officially announced the appointments of Tomas Oral as First Team Coach and Werner Leuthard as Conditioning Coach, both reporting to new First Team Manager Felix Magath, effective immediately.

The Club simultaneously made the formal announcement that René Meulensteen, Alan Curbishley, Ray Wilkins, Mick Priest and Jonathan Hill have departed Fulham. Terms of the parting are complete and confidential.

"I'm very grateful to René, Alan and Ray, as well as Mick and Jonathan, for their commitment to Fulham," said Chairman Shahid Khan. "Their efforts were admirable and appreciated, and I wish them the best.

"Felix has come to Fulham with purpose and exceptional confidence, and I know he's extremely pleased to have Tomas Oral and Werner Leuthard join him for the mission ahead. From today forward, the focus is singularly on winning football matches and remaining in the Barclays Premier League. The work has begun."

Holders

I still think it's a great shame - in all senses of the word.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

horse1031

epsomraver

SouthfieldWhite

Not surprised one little bit, didnt think there was any going back for Rene after what he said when he first found out he was being relieved of his managerial duties

Shame as seemed a nice bloke and a very good coach

Admin

Quote from: epsomraver on February 18, 2014, 10:15:20 PM
Not one with any experience of the EPL

No, but his surname is Oral, and we now have a 'conditioning coach'. Fat load of use that is, Ruiz went out on loan!

Fernhurst

Hmmmm......... Who is Tomas???

Have we obtained from current employment?
Has he worked with our new man previously?
What's his record/CV like?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

Not much info on Oral. Seems to have been coach at div2 Bundesliga mid-tablers Ingolstadt until what seems to have been an amicable parting at the end of last season.

Perhaps our German friends can tell us more.

"Ingolstadt - FC Ingolstadt 04 and Tomas Oral have decided to go separate ways this summer with the coach's contract now terminating on 30 June 2013.
The decision was reached by mutual consent on Monday, just a week after the club ended the Bundesliga 2 season in 13th place.
Mutual decision

"After lengthy, in-depth discussions, we have reached the conclusion together that we should part company," said the club's sporting director Thomas Linke. "The reason for this is differing visions regarding the direction in which the first team should be heading. I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Tomas for the work he has done. He is responsible for FC Ingolstadt finding themselves in such a comfortable position."

Oral took charge of the Bavarian club in November 2011 and managed to lift them from the foot of Bundesliga 2 to a comfortable 12th-placed finish, ending just one position lower at the end of his first full season at the helm. "I'd like to wish the club all the best for the future and I hope the path we've started on will continue to be followed successfully," commented Oral."

Berserker

Quote from: Admin on February 18, 2014, 10:19:56 PM

No, but his surname is Oral, and we now have a 'conditioning coach'. Fat load of use that is, Ruiz went out on loan!

Good job Jol's brother isn't here anymore
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rupert

Quote from: Berserker on February 18, 2014, 10:25:10 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 18, 2014, 10:19:56 PM

Good job Jol's brother isn't here anymore

Why, what are you saying?   :021:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 18, 2014, 10:17:28 PM

Probably just paper talk.

Not surprised one little bit, didnt think there was any going back for Rene after what he said when he first found out he was being relieved of his managerial duties

Shame as seemed a nice bloke and a very good coach
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Forever Fulham

I suspect he or his people asserted 'constructive discharge', and FFC management countered with insinuations into the interpretation of his first blush public outburst upon hearing of Magrath getting the job.  You quit.  No, I didn't.  I suspect he left with a settlement which I'm guessing is 50% of what he would have been otherwise paid over the course of his employment term.  That will tide him over till he lands on his feet somewhere.  A good man who needed more time.  The owner panicked and went for the sargeant major who can't find work in Germany anymore.  

jmh

Quote from: cmg on February 18, 2014, 10:25:04 PM
Not much info on Oral. Seems to have been coach at div2 Bundesliga mid-tablers Ingolstadt until what seems to have been an amicable parting at the end of last season.

Perhaps our German friends can tell us more.

"Ingolstadt - FC Ingolstadt 04 and Tomas Oral have decided to go separate ways this summer with the coach's contract now terminating on 30 June 2013.
The decision was reached by mutual consent on Monday, just a week after the club ended the Bundesliga 2 season in 13th place.
Mutual decision

"After lengthy, in-depth discussions, we have reached the conclusion together that we should part company," said the club's sporting director Thomas Linke. "The reason for this is differing visions regarding the direction in which the first team should be heading. I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Tomas for the work he has done. He is responsible for FC Ingolstadt finding themselves in such a comfortable position."

Oral took charge of the Bavarian club in November 2011 and managed to lift them from the foot of Bundesliga 2 to a comfortable 12th-placed finish, ending just one position lower at the end of his first full season at the helm. "I'd like to wish the club all the best for the future and I hope the path we've started on will continue to be followed successfully," commented Oral."
Before that he managed FSV Frankfurt up from the fourth tier to the 2.Bundesliga, starting right at the end of his playing career when he was only 33.  

filham

No one with knowledge of how the 36 odd players we have used this season have performed in matches, so what is the basis for team selection for Saturday, simply how players have performed in training this week? ?

I sense a few more heavy defeats coming along.

jmh

Quote from: filham on February 18, 2014, 10:47:04 PM

No one with knowledge of how the 36 odd players we have used this season have performed in matches, so what is the basis for team selection for Saturday, simply how players have performed in training this week? ?

I have to imagine that, somewhere at Motspur Park, there must be a room where our new manager can watch all our previous matches.

Admin

Quote from: filham on February 18, 2014, 10:47:04 PM

Even if we do get beat, I'll guarantee you nowthat we won't get beat as heavily as we've done under Jol and Rene'.

Jack Fulham

Football is a global game. Germans are very good at it. :54:

twang

Neither had Pochettino, but I doubt many Southampton fans wish they would've kept Adkins now.