watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts and reaction to today's match against WBA..merged

Started by fulhams_finest, February 22, 2014, 04:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhams_finest

didn't touch the ball second half roll on brentford away!

Macedo

Quote from: fulhams_finest on February 22, 2014, 04:57:36 PM
didn't touch the ball second half roll on brentford away!

Steks fault app dropped it over line...

Northern Cottager

Forget his mistake, had he not saved our poor defending on th 18-20 yard line we'd of been 5 down.

Awful display after a questionable first selection.

Ordar

I just hope Felix realises that Parker, Brede and Amorebieta shouldnt be anywhere near the starting 11

SuffolkWhite

An away point is ok but a bit confused by the selection....midfield did not look as good as it did in the Manure and Liv games!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fulhamben

Quote from: Ordar on February 22, 2014, 05:01:57 PM
I just hope Felix realises that Parker, Brede and Amorebieta shouldnt be anywhere near the starting 11
apparently anyone who slates parker , doesn't know a good player when they see one. Please come and sign him arry
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nixie-ffc

couldnt watch the game. how did the greek play? and how come bent wasnt on the bench?

Bronaldinho

First thing: Travelling fans, you are a credit to this club. Tremendous. Gutted I couldn't make it today - you done everyone proud.

Well I was gutted to see that Burn was dropped, but I understand experience is key and all that.

As for the football, one thing I did notice that we have scrapped the play it out from the back tactic, now it's forward ASAP. Good to see the Greek in a shirt finally, but he's still not 100% fit. Good physical presence and seems he can hold the ball up. Just needs fitness. As much as I adore Holtby, I think it was probably his worse game for us, but he was still very good. Hot Rod worked well up top and always created an option. But once again we take the lead then we go all back to wall and concede. Stekkers is sensational, can't blame him at all for the result - made some great saves and was solid, just unluckiest strikes again.

I think where the problem lied was that Sidwell and Parker got tired, so it left a gap in front of the defenders which they operated in during every second half attack. Allowed Anichebe to hold it up and get runners beyond him.

Still think we can survive, but just need to focus more. It's why I feel that if the CDM's get tired we need a Kasami/Karagounis to come on to keep that high energy up in front of the back four.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Hong Kong Fulham fan

Agreed about the fans, amazing!!

You made some serious noise today chaps.

Well done to all.

DUKE

I thought Parker was really good. If you expect him to stop a bullet with his bare hands or jump from a cliff then ......

Northern Cottager

Our 'engine room' is a joke. The two players were relying on to compose possession and keep things tight and they are combined age of over 60 and Parker was again, dreadful.

Macedo

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 22, 2014, 05:11:29 PM
Our 'engine room' is a joke. The two players were relying on to compose possession and keep things tight and they are combined age of over 60 and Parker was again, dreadful.

Surely he will realise Sidwell and Parker dont work
Together..

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 22, 2014, 05:11:29 PM

Thing is we will probably see this changed next game I feel. Magath probably saw Parker's work-rate in training and thought he was the one to let Sidwell get forward. Kvist is the guy to partner Sidders.

Burn should start alongside Heitinga.

Then Tunnicliffe didn't deserve to be dropped from the squad today. The guy gave it his all and when we were defending, we should have kept Richardson on, or drop him to LB then bring on the engines. Tunnicliffe, Keep Roda on (Nice to see Mitroglou, but he's not fit so let's just wait), Karagounis, Kasami could have come on and gave it a real go.

Hard games remain, it's really gonna be a struggle.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

YankeeJim

I just don't buy this "experience" thing in a relegation fight. We were more fluid with Parker & Hangeland on the pines. Wish we'd gotten that left back everyone was crying for.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulham Phil

Sounds like same old same old! Let a goal in in last knockings again!
Listening to Paul Merson on sky soccer saturday, first half he's saying it's all Fulham 1-0 up and other chances WBA doing nothing!
We come out second half and fall back, invite them onto us, try to hang on to one goal lead which is never enough!
In the end it sounds like we were lucky to hold on for a point!
Why do we always spend a bucket load of money on players who can't do it? I know it was only a half hour glimpse but sounds like he was miles off the pace, why change what we had working well in first half? Probably because they are unfit to last 90 mins!!
Can't see us getting much out of Chelski, if we are then they will cheat and dive like they did today and polish us off!
Can't see where we go from here, the only way is up, but how!
COYW

Bronaldinho

Quote from: YankeeJim on February 22, 2014, 05:20:49 PM
I just don't buy this "experience" thing in a relegation fight. We were more fluid with Parker & Hangeland on the pines. Wish we'd gotten that left back everyone was crying for.

Something Rene understood.

Sadly McIntosh expects wonders, when in reality Rene had 2 games with his signings except Mitroglou. They were against L'pool & United.

I strongly believe Rene would have got the lads to be them today.

I'm a believer that managers/coaches should be on that touchline the whole game, overseeing everything. Supporting the players and getting his instructions out as the game changes.
@ABronsSmith

MrProphet

Doesn't matter who the manager is or what the team is our inability to push on and get a second goal is ridiculous.

someone please tell me why we just retreat in to our own half and lose the ability to pass?

Robbie

It is amazing, as soon as we scored I took my profits on Betfair. Death, Taxes and FFC conceding late on ...!

Fulham Phil

Quote from: MrProphet on February 22, 2014, 05:26:13 PM
Doesn't matter who the manager is or what the team is our inability to push on and get a second goal is ridiculous.

someone please tell me why we just retreat in to our own half and lose the ability to pass?
Exactly, Merson said it was all us in first half! One is never enough, why change, unless he (Magath) thought baggies were so crap that was enough?!
Go for the jugular, get at em, finish em off!! We must keep going, sitting back asks for trouble!

YankeeJim

You got to have legs after 60 minutes. Other than Hugo & Sidders, we don't.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.