Main Menu

Not over yet

Started by DiegoFulham, February 22, 2014, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

Point away from home. Sunderland and Cardiff lose still all to play for
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

DUKE

Sunderland and Cardiff are coming down with us.

PokerMatt

:plus one:

Yep. I would have taken a point and I suspect Felix will learn a lot about who can help us and who can't. Without West Brom moving away from us too.

Plenty of time. I fancy a surprise in one of Chelsea or Everton at home to make up for the points lost here.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Jeroen

It could have been so much better though - a win would not only have given us 2 more points, but made sure West Brom would have been so much in it..... Gutted!!

Admin

We'd have lost this game under Rene', I'm pretty certain. I said I'd take a point today, puts more pressure on WBA than us for not winning their home games. Still feel we can turn over an Everton or Newcastle at home to make up for the dropped points.  

ChesterTheTabby

Lads, it's alright. 11 games to play, 33 points. We only need to be 1 point above three other teams. And we are only two wins away from 12th. Still so much to play for. I will take 17th.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Over for me. Felix has just taken us back to square one again. Can not believe anyone at the club didn't tell him you can not play sidwell and Parker in the same team and expect to win. We  will not win another 3 games let alone 7 from 11. Relegation doesn't bother me. Picking the same crap that has failed all season does. Said it before drop all over 30s and build a team for next seasons promotion charge
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Admin on February 22, 2014, 05:12:30 PM
We'd have lost this game under Rene', I'm pretty certain. I said I'd take a point today, puts more pressure on WBA than us for not winning their home games. Still feel we can turn over an Everton or Newcastle at home to make up for the dropped points.  

Really?! Against Liverpool and Utd he got he team almost perfect. He'd got rid of the deadwood and we looked much, much better!

The team today was awful front he start and the sitting back int he second half was absolutely disgraceful.

PokerMatt

:plus one: see above.

Even though we were woeful in the second half I'm weirdly more positive than I was in a lot of the late-goal games. I really think Felix will be ruthless for any under-performing player. Our fitness will hopefully visibly improve soon as well.

Admin

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 22, 2014, 05:14:38 PM

Really?! Against Liverpool and Utd he got he team almost perfect. He'd got rid of the deadwood and we looked much, much better!

The team today was awful front he start and the sitting back int he second half was absolutely disgraceful.

We'd have lost this game under Rene'..

Macedo

Quote from: fulhamben on February 22, 2014, 05:14:29 PM
Over for me. Felix has just taken us back to square one again. Can not believe anyone at the club didn't tell him you can not play sidwell and Parker in the same team and expect to win. We  will not win another 3 games let alone 7 from 11. Relegation doesn't bother me. Picking the same cra
Over for me. Felix has just taken us back to square one again. Can not believe anyone at the club didn't tell him you can not play sidwell and Parker in the same team and expect to win. We  will not win another 3 games let alone 7 from 11. Relegation doesn't bother me. Picking the same crap that has failed all season does. Said it before drop all over 30s and build a team for next seasons promotion charge
p that has failed all season does. Said it before drop all over 30s and build a team for next seasons promotion charge

Good post...I admire the fans who think we can gdt out
Of it, but I dont think we have a chance in hell.That was
A must win game today I think..

Danitar

It gives us a platform to work with

grandad

Parker & Sidwell has not worked all season. Kvist has to play instead of Parker. Burn for Hangeland. My team for the rest of the season :-

Stekelenberg

Riether        Heitinger     Burn   Riise

Dejagah    Kvist      Sidwell        Richardson

Holtby

Mitroglou
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on February 22, 2014, 05:37:21 PM
Parker & Sidwell has not worked all season. Kvist has to play instead of Parker. Burn for Hangeland. My team for the rest of the season :-

Stekelenberg

Holtby

Mitroglou
this would be my team.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

PokerMatt

Stekelenberg

Holtby

Mitroglou

Completely agree with that team. Although Hangeland, defensively, was fine today.

VamosFFC

Definitely agree, not over yet. Like have some said, Magath will now know who is up to the task and who is not.

The one thing I don't understand is our lack of control and possession. The first half was ok, but the second half we just booted it up field. And when we did get the ball we couldn't hold onto it.

Pluto

Stekelenberg

Holtby

Mitroglou

That's the sensible team everyone wants but we won't see it.

Whitesideup

Over for me. Felix has just taken us back to square one again. Can not believe anyone at the club didn't tell him you can not play sidwell and Parker in the same team and expect to win. We  will not win another 3 games let alone 7 from 11. Relegation doesn't bother me. Picking the same crap that has failed all season does. Said it before drop all over 30s and build a team for next seasons promotion charge
Absolutely. Been harping on about this for ages, but Parker / Sidwell combo just not good enough for premiership. Of the two Sidwell is best at doing what he does. And overall he is premiership standard. Parker flatters to deceive..lots of running, not too bad defensively (though positionally lacking at times) but is not a good conduit. His passes lack pace but above all purpose. Occasionally involved in positive moves going forward but far too seldom.

And there was I thinking we had a better solution in Kvist.....

SP

Quote from: Macedo on February 22, 2014, 05:19:55 PM
Over for me. Felix has just taken us back to square one again. Can not believe anyone at the club didn't tell him you can not play sidwell and Parker in the same team and expect to win. We  will not win another 3 games let alone 7 from 11. Relegation doesn't bother me. Picking the same cra
Over for me. Felix has just taken us back to square one again. Can not believe anyone at the club didn't tell him you can not play sidwell and Parker in the same team and expect to win. We  will not win another 3 games let alone 7 from 11. Relegation doesn't bother me. Picking the same crap that has failed all season does. Said it before drop all over 30s and build a team for next seasons promotion charge
p that has failed all season does. Said it before drop all over 30s and build a team for next seasons promotion charge

Good post...I admire the fans who think we can gdt out
Of it, but I dont think we have a chance in hell.That was
A must win game today I think..

Sorry to say I have to agree.  Made worse as I was following the game on the train from London Bridge with a carriage full of p*ssed up United fans, god they've still got a high opinion of themselves for Europa League challengers.

Perhaps the clappers will return & bring us a couple of home wins?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Pluto on February 22, 2014, 07:27:46 PM

Stekelenberg

Holtby

Mitroglou

That's the sensible team everyone wants but we won't see it.

I like that team too.  Would like to see Tunnicliffe, Cole & the odd youngster on the bench.  These guys are the future.