https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talk about knee jerk reactions

Started by Peabody, February 23, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: DukeTyrion on February 23, 2014, 06:22:16 PM
Quote from: Peabody on February 23, 2014, 05:07:22 PM
... whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

It also possible to be disappointed, to voice that disappointment, yet still hold out some hope and get behind the team.

so will we all
i went to an away game for the first time in ages yesterday and everyone was committed... no doubt, but everyone... everyone was appalled at the second half tactics and substitutions (obviously not riis for amore who was dreadful from the KO).
i purchased my ticket after the liverpool game because i thought rene had finally cracked it and with just a tuch of better luck we could have had four points not one from the previous two games. it wasn't bad luck yesterday, it was an error of judgment... felix's first game so we can allow him that BUT an erroor not down to only being here 8 days, just an error, from him... and it was and is very unsettling!
we have to speak up to help prevent the same.

if we go one up against chelsea and try to protect the lead we will be ripped to shreds!

Berserker

we will probably be ripped to shreds anyway!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

nose

Quote from: Berserker on February 23, 2014, 06:47:03 PM
we will probably be ripped to shreds anyway!!!

well that could be, they are a very good team and need the points, but let's give them something to think about, we have very good players too who will be just as motivated. this is the art of the possible and positive thinking!

I am optimistic, as ever.... i think that is why i become so disapointed when it goes wrong

filham

The disappointment is not a reaction against a new manager but the awareness that he is on a learning curve and we will have to witness yet again mistakes made by the other two managers.
Look at some of the negatives from yesterday's game:-

1. Selecting Lovebite at left back has been tried already and failed.

2. Rodders up front, we all know the player has loads of effort but lacks the touch needed in the premiership.

3. A good first half with some missed chances.

4.A bad second half.

5. A goal against in the last ten minutes.

6. A defensive error by an individual.

7. A nondescript performance by an £11m signing.

We have seen all of this already this season and there is the feeling that we have to see more of the same before we can expect improvement .

alfie

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 06:03:01 PM
Having supported Fulham since 1946, I cannot see the relevance of how long you supported Fulham, what I do see is a knee jerk reactions, why? Because we did not win, I can only assume that this is the case. I just cannot understand why after one game, people feel justified in criticising. For goodness sake, we have been losing all season and we are red hot favourites to go down but but  there is still achanceand whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

it's not knee jerk
some of us reported what we saw and simply reported that we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory.. poor second half tactics and even worse substitutions cost us two valuable points

felix is new and I am prepared to wait and see but yesterday wasn't that great and the introduction iof the greek flew in the face of what he said at the press conference... either mitroglu is lazy of unfit, either way it is not what we needed and felix would surely have seen that in training during the week.... lazy players are lazy, unfit are unfit.

parker was also a great liability

we need 11 players on the pitch really doing it and in the second half in particular that we did not have.

I did not go yesterday, so I guess my opinions don't mean much, but Felix has been with the club what 11 days, he probably put them through a tough early program and made his selection on what he saw, he has now seen how various players perform in a full match, so maybe he has now seen what you have so lets give him a bit of a chance, but I guess that is just too hard for some.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RidgeRider

Having supported Fulham since 1946, I cannot see the relevance of how long you supported Fulham, what I do see is a knee jerk reactions, why? Because we did not win, I can only assume that this is the case. I just cannot understand why after one game, people feel justified in criticising. For goodness sake, we have been losing all season and we are red hot favourites to go down but but  there is still achanceand whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

it's not knee jerk
some of us reported what we saw and simply reported that we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory.. poor second half tactics and even worse substitutions cost us two valuable points

felix is new and I am prepared to wait and see but yesterday wasn't that great and the introduction iof the greek flew in the face of what he said at the press conference... either mitroglu is lazy of unfit, either way it is not what we needed and felix would surely have seen that in training during the week.... lazy players are lazy, unfit are unfit.

we need 11 players on the pitch really doing it and in the second half in particular that we did not have.

:dead horse:....yesterday we held a lead into the 86th minute and played excellent football in the first half and parked it after that, that was a tactic, not a sign of lack of effort. You know after the second change in manager this season, give the guy a breath of air why don't you? Typical knee jerk.

Lighthouse

This is the new tactic. Don't allow any criticism until the new manager has had time to bed in. Sack him before he has had time to bed in. No manager need ever be criticised again.

On the other hand the players and MD have been there long enough. It is to their door blame should be placed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mangoputney

After Naarwich 3 pts today I can only see us reaching 18th. Here's hoping Felix is up for the championship. 6 wins out of 11???? Least we're going down laughing
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

JBH

I give up on this board what has felix done not to deserve a chance to sort the players out?

Cut him some slack grow up and stop acting like 3 year olds and if the mods want to ban me for this post then so be it because I certainly wouldn't be missing any thing :028:

Julius Geezer

The players played with much more belief yesterday - already that's an improvement.

The passing was slick, we were organised, everyone knew what they were doing.

I will say once we shifted the defence about and Burn came on, we looked vulnerable.

Magath needs more time with the players on the training ground, but to me he seems like the kind of manager who will grasp what needs to be done straight away.

If we beat Chelsea next week - yes I know that's a big if - everyone will say what a hero he is.

Positivity people, positivity!

nose

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 23, 2014, 07:36:50 PM
Having supported Fulham since 1946, I cannot see the relevance of how long you supported Fulham, what I do see is a knee jerk reactions, why? Because we did not win, I can only assume that this is the case. I just cannot understand why after one game, people feel justified in criticising. For goodness sake, we have been losing all season and we are red hot favourites to go down but but  there is still achanceand whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

it's not knee jerk

:dead horse:....yesterday we held a lead into the 86th minute and played excellent football in the first half and parked it after that, that was a tactic, not a sign of lack of effort. You know after the second change in manager this season, give the guy a breath of air why don't you? Typical knee jerk.

i went to the game, i saw what happened, were you there?
parking the bus is a valid tactic against a top team such as liverpool, chelsea, man utd, it is a gamble that can pay off..... BUT not against a poor team like WBA. we were on top and needed to press the advantage, get a second and defend higher up the field.
It was an error of judgement, no more no less, felix needs to reflect not just on the players but his approach. the first half was brilliant, the second was not.
observation not knee jerk, i have watched and played (still play) football for a lifetime. we threw two valuable points away, because we let them attack us for 45 minutes, if we would have pressed them in the second half the chances of them equalising would have been substantially reduced and we might have got two.

Knee jerk? what a nonsense term to use.

RidgeRider

Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 09:26:56 PM
Having supported Fulham since 1946, I cannot see the relevance of how long you supported Fulham, what I do see is a knee jerk reactions, why? Because we did not win, I can only assume that this is the case. I just cannot understand why after one game, people feel justified in criticising. For goodness sake, we have been losing all season and we are red hot favourites to go down but but  there is still achanceand whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

it's not knee jerk

parking the bus is a valid tactic against a top team such as liverpool, chelsea, man utd, it is a gamble that can pay off..... BUT not against a poor team like WBA. we were on top and needed to press the advantage, get a second and defend higher up the field.
It was an error of judgement, no more no less, felix needs to reflect not just on the players but his approach. the first half was brilliant, the second was not.
observation not knee jerk, i have watched and played (still play) football for a lifetime. we threw two valuable points away, because we let them attack us for 45 minutes, if we would have pressed them in the second half the chances of them equalising would have been substantially reduced and we might have got two.

the only thing that is nonsense here, is you thinking you know better than a manager with a better track record than whatever your vast playing experience taught you....and please DON'T belittle the rest of us with your BS about being at the match. I saw the match and you SIR once again are a knee jerk supporter who has unrealistic expectations and couldn't be bothered to see how much better we played and parking the bus is exactly what many managers do against teams who have trouble scoring, when you have a lead, but of course that flies in the face your argument. You seem to be odds with everything about Fulham these days so I expect nothing but negativity from you. But thats ok, you are entitled to your opinion....because that is all it is, an opinion.......knee jerk...yep, that is your view

nose

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 23, 2014, 11:22:55 PM
Quote from: nose on February 23, 2014, 09:26:56 PM

it's not knee jerk

the only thing that is nonsense here, is you thinking you know better than a manager with a better track record than whatever your vast playing experience taught you....and please DON'T belittle the rest of us with your BS about being at the match. I saw the match and you SIR once again are a knee jerk supporter who has unrealistic expectations and couldn't be bothered to see how much better we played and parking the bus is exactly what many managers do against teams who have trouble scoring, when you have a lead, but of course that flies in the face your argument. You seem to be odds with everything about Fulham these days so I expect nothing but negativity from you. But thats ok, you are entitled to your opinion....because that is all it is, an opinion.......knee jerk...yep, that is your view

You saw the match on TV, iwas there. Anybody with any knowledge knows that you see more at the game, particularly from behind the goal, that is just the way it is.
If you read my comments you will see i back it up with considered opinion, insult or belittle nobody and resent being accused of having a 'negative,' 'knee jerk' attitude. You clearly have failed to read my many posts, i was very positive about rene despite the results, but certainly loathed jol from the begining.
I know loads more than many of the overpaid, underachieving proffesionals. i ahve no opinion on felix yet he has had one game and made errors, that is not knee jerk that is what happened as an observation.

as far as the game was concerned, no parking the so called bus was wrong, everyone at the game said so, you could feel the tension mount as we moved reither into midfield and heitinga to RB. heitinga was doing a good job on anichobie and burn looked nervous and uncomfortable dealing with such an experienced and 'crafty' player. I like burn but this didn't suit him quite so well. other than the change to riis we should have left the back four alone.
Parker was poor throughout getting us into trouble and not protecting that back four at all weel so kvist for him was more appropriate, hugo was doing well so should have been left on... i suspect richardson is not capable of 90 minutes and maybe kasami would have been a better change with his vast energy that might have been better.
Now everyone at thegame, in the flesh had a similar outlook, we are all brought up on football and have a wealth of knowedge about players and tactics....
what bit of knee jerk is any of the foregoing, it is a considered reaction that I waited to write today, nothing from me yesterday because i was mighty unhappy on the journey home...

but i do resent being told i am being negative from an armchair fan who wasn't at the game himself.
I am in fact the most optimistic and positve person that is looking forward to three points against chelsea because I abolutely know we have enough talent to beat them... the trick is playing the right team and tactics for 90 minutes, It is the art of the possible.
Please do not try to belittle me again. It is not appreciated.

Peabody

Knee jerk is exactly the response your reaction was, you immediately jump on the new mans back without giving him the benefit of time, yes, I know we have little of that but he will need time.

No, I was not there, I was away on a deserved short break on the IOW and I resent being called an armchair, because I am not but what difference would it be if I was. I t seems to me that our fan base is fast becoming an impatient bunch who think they know best.

GloucesterWhite

I think it is more frustration than knee jerk. Frustration that we have yet another manager who will need time to decide on his best team, and time is the one thing we don't have. Frustration that Rene looked to be making progress and then the rug was pulled from under his feet. West Brom was one of the 6 wins we need and that seems to have slipped through our fingers because the manager is still at the start of his learning curve.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: jarv on February 23, 2014, 04:06:51 PM
3. Dismantled by the incompetent fool Jol by dreadful signings, letting players go who he couldn't get along with and dreadful tactics.
When are you going to get into your head that:

1) Dembele had a buy out clause and Spurs paid the £15M - and it was Jol who turned Dembele into a £15M player from the average one he was before Jol moved him to CM. Jol could not stop Dembele moving.
2) Dempsey wanted to go and neither Jol nor anyone else could stop him.
3) The club (not Jol) would not give Murphy a 2 year contract so he went to Blackburn.
4) MAF was selling the club and would not, for understandable reasons, not put is hand in his pocket; so Jol was GIVEN sub-standard players to work with. Jol could not make a decent team out of what he was given, and nobody has been able to do so since.
5) Ali Mac is the one in charge of buying players, and he is limited by the budget he is given by the owner. The manager may advise and ask for a particular player, but that's all he can do. He can't sign cheques.

Jol dismantled the team?? As the saying goes: 'There's none so blind as those who wll not see'.

Lighthouse

Gentlefans let us remember we are all on the same side and very frustrated for different reasons. It really helps nobody to go out of the way to cause divisions by deminishing other fans opinions. The so called knee jerk reactions are frustration at seeing the same thing whoever the manager is. Saying give the latest manager time doesn't help any of us as the team do not have that much time to give.

Peace on you all. COYW
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

vagrant

I'm really surprised nose didn't apply to be our manager as it appears he knows (nose) everything. Oh, and he went to an away game.........

I for one would rather put my trust in Felix ......

nose

Quote from: Peabody on February 24, 2014, 02:50:36 PM
Knee jerk is exactly the response your reaction was, you immediately jump on the new mans back without giving him the benefit of time, yes, I know we have little of that but he will need time.

No, I was not there, I was away on a deserved short break on the IOW and I resent being called an armchair, because I am not but what difference would it be if I was. I t seems to me that our fan base is fast becoming an impatient bunch who think they know best.

Sorry i was not refering to you at all  as an armchair fan, it was RR, check the order of comments, and I only said it because he was being unnecesarilly rude. You can support the team in anywa you want, as long as you are a fulham fan that is fine by me. It's just his comments followed yours. If you read again what i first wrote in answer to your post I think you will see it is far more worried/concerned/desparate  than knee jerk (I hope so anyway) and as i said I am quite prepared to give both felix and the greek boy more time.... but i still stand by what I said

Regarding RR I was trying to point out that if one is at a game one sees much more of the pitch (obviously) andthe off the ball stuff and the pattern of the game and  mitroglu was obviously very static, hence the concern. Also the second half tactics and substitutions, we could all see were in error, as long as the lesson is learned then that is all and we turn attention to winning the next game. RR was not engaging in discussion, he was just being rude. So once again I was not meaning to have a go at you, even if we don't totally always agree, my comments were certainly not directed at you.

Actually I envy you being on the Island, i love the place, it is very idiosyncratic.  Shame the result wasn't a win so you could have enjoyed the evening more.

nose

Quote from: vagrant on February 24, 2014, 04:11:33 PM
I'm really surprised nose didn't apply to be our manager as it appears he knows (nose) everything. Oh, and he went to an away game.........

Quote from: vagrant on February 24, 2014, 04:11:33 PM

I comment based on a lifetime of watching and playing.
Oh, yes i did go to an away game, it could just as easilly have been a home game, I commentd based on seeing the whole pitch.....
my two comments that seem to have upset MR Rider were that mitroglu was either unfit or lazy based on watching him barely leave the center circle
and that sitting back against WBA a poor team, and two very strange substitutions cost us.
I can't change that because it is what happened.... Mr rider's contention we played a good first half is agreed, but dangerous second half tactics; the defending was excellent but allowing a team to have so many opportunities at 1 0 was a gamble that back fired.

I am glad you are putting your faith in felix, what else can you do?
I love the nose knows joke it is always so very funny.