watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talk about knee jerk reactions

Started by Peabody, February 23, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

And so it starts, after one game, we already have people writing off our new regime. What have we had, a few days on the training pitch and some of you think what a wast of time.

Yesterday was a game we dare not lose and yes, whilst we never won, we also did'nt lose. What we saw in the second half was what we have seen all of this season, Fulham getting into the second half and dropping too deep, so if I can see that, I am sure an experienced manager, which Felix is, or are you you denying that? can also see it.

Please, let's show a bit more patience, I know we are running out of time but that is the least we can do.

DukeTyrion

I think many of the comments are not, is or will Felix be a good manager, but are we actually any better off than we would have been under Rene?

So the rants are not so much anti-Felix, more along the lines of, how the hell we did we get to this position and is there too little time for the new guy to get the information he needs to keep us up.

westcliff white

peabody i would generally agree however the team selection seemed a backward step and our energy in the second half was poor. Burn not starting then coming on for a left winger was very puzzling especially the coming on for Richardson part. Hangers and Hettinga were looking ok, so moving Hettinga to the right and Reither to midfield (or that's how it seemed) was very strange as then we had no cover on the left of midfield.

Choosing Parker over Kvist puzzled me as well as Kvist had been very good. I understand Tunni not starting but not to be on the bench was again strange to me.

As fro rodders over bent that i am not puzzled about but dumbfounded. But at least Mitro came on altho he clearly isn't 100%.

For me it was a game we could have and should have won, i see it as 2 pts lost and not one gained, but fortunately results went our way in other  games so it has not affected us as much as it could have.

Onward and upwards from now on, although Chelsea will be very tough.
Every day is a Fulham day

General

I think DukeTyrion has made the point - it's not that the new regime is pants - under any other circumstances, given a preseason or something, I'm sure Magath would have done better - it's not a testament to his management or the team.

It the fact the whole decision process has been utterly shambolic.

How do you get to those positions at Fulham and make such stupid decisions. Clearly Rene was confused about what whoever said to him and thought he had been replaced/sacked - which I get the impression was never the case, until it actually happened, and by that time it had to happen as he had come out and made his position untenable. (that is the club managements fault)...

Secondly never keeping a clear line between what he was brought in to do and dragging heals on bringing in a manager just allowed him to feel as if he was more a manager then the club initially wanted him to be and even gave him the role of - he took ownership of a role that was never his, and because we took time we basically gave him unwritten and unofficial permission (no one clearly kept him on side of where his job title left him).

That is farsicle. That is the problem.

The other problem is that they clearly had a thought to get rid of Jol by the time rene came in and the whole thing undermined Jols last few games and instead of the clean break, we Kept rene on, backed him by employing more people, gave him the january transfer window to work with and then got rid of him.

It is childish and ridiculous management and one day I hope we, as fans, find out exactly what is going on. Hopefully though we can stay up. We got a point on the weekend and most teams around us lost.

I reckon, if Magath figures life out quickly and the players get behind him (DON'T PLAY AMOREBIETA OR PARKER), then we may stand a chance of perhaps getting a draw against Chelsea even at home. But we really need to stick with youth - our old age pros have lost their ability and passion and it will negatively affect those who can do a job for us.

Bring back Kvist, bring back Tunnicliffe etc etc.

H4usuallysitting

We have to keep the faith.....it's not our fault......it certainly isn't Magath's fault......it isn't the players fault.....as Magath said this is a new beginning, he doesn't care what happened 20 years or 20 day's ago - we have to back the team

Peabody

Quote from: westcliff white on February 23, 2014, 01:22:21 PM
peabody i would generally agree however the team selection seemed a backward step and our energy in the second half was poor. Burn not starting then coming on for a left winger was very puzzling especially the coming on for Richardson part. Hangers and Hettinga were looking ok, so moving Hettinga to the right and Reither to midfield (or that's how it seemed) was very strange as then we had no cover on the left of midfield.

Choosing Parker over Kvist puzzled me as well as Kvist had been very good. I understand Tunni not starting but not to be on the bench was again strange to me.

As fro rodders over bent that i am not puzzled about but dumbfounded. But at least Mitro came on altho he clearly isn't 100%.

For me it was a game we could have and should have won, i see it as 2 pts lost and not one gained, but fortunately results went our way in other  games so it has not affected us as much as it could have.

Onward and upwards from now on, although Chelsea will be very tough.

This is exactly what has been happening all season, we start off quite well and then seem to get worse later in the game. Just let's give Felix the chance and he has'nt got long to put this right. Not jump on his back after one week and one game.

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Peabody on February 23, 2014, 01:14:58 PM
And so it starts, after one game, we already have people writing off our new regime. What have we had, a few days on the training pitch and some of you think what a wast of time.

Yesterday was a game we dare not lose and yes, whilst we never won, we also did'nt lose. What we saw in the second half was what we have seen all of this season, Fulham getting into the second half and dropping too deep, so if I can see that, I am sure an experienced manager, which Felix is, or are you you denying that? can also see it.

Please, let's show a bit more patience, I know we are running out of time but that is the least we can do.

as you stated yourself how much longer can we mess up in the 2nd half - if games were 45 minutes we probably wouldn't be in this mess - but you can't help get frustrated when players were picked yesterday that weren't put in the team by the previous manager

RidgeRider

Mr. Peabody, there are posters on here who would have complained about the player selection and substitutions even if we would would have won, which we almost did.

They can't help themselves. I'm guessing it has something to do with football manager and for some, the glass is always half empty.

JBH

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 23, 2014, 02:48:18 PM
Mr. Peabody, there are posters on here who would have complained about the player selection and substitutions even if we would would have won, which we almost did.

They can't help themselves. I'm guessing it has something to do with football manager and for some, the glass is always half empty.
And the fact that some of them are just hell bent on slagging of the team and who ever is in charge because they've know FFC having a bad patch since they jumped on our bangwagon 14 years ago  049:gif

Baszab

Many people on this board - including myself - have been supporting FFC since the last relegation from the 1st division  and are so peed off with the way our Premier status has been thrown away - it's not jumping on any bandwagon - when things are wrong, this message board reflects our views - if we were mid-table playing attractive football then we would all be posting how satisfied we were, how great Hugo's last goal was etc  - this board is a barometer of how FFC are doing - there is no point defending the indefensible - it's been a shambles - Mitroglou looks poor - substitutions were odd yesterday - all facts 

epsomraver

Quote from: Baszab on February 23, 2014, 03:07:10 PM
Many people on this board - including myself - have been supporting FFC since the last relegation from the 1st division  and are so peed off with the way our Premier status has been thrown away - it's not jumping on any bandwagon - when things are wrong, this message board reflects our views - if we were mid-table playing attractive football then we would all be posting how satisfied we were, how great Hugo's last goal was etc  - this board is a barometer of how FFC are doing - there is no point defending the indefensible - it's been a shambles - Mitroglou looks poor - substitutions were odd yesterday - all facts 

0001.jpeg

RidgeRider

and there you have it....

Why don't some of you give the new guy a nanosecond to shift the team? which he did yesterday, rather than continue to rant about what has happened in the past? The past is in the rearview mirror and nothing that happened back then has anything to do with the guy currently in charge and what he is trying to do. I'm certain if you review his managerial record, he's done this before and been very successful.

Please go watch the match again. We played some very good football and yes we parked the bus in the second half but jeez, how many teams play that tactic when they get up?....even Roy parked the bus as a tactic.

Baszab

I was there - can't face watching it again !! too disappointing

I actually think we have a chance of staying up if we play like we did in first half - we were actually aggressive and dynamic for a change

JBH

Quote from: Baszab on February 23, 2014, 03:07:10 PM
Blah Blah Blah give Felix a chance for christ sake he has been at the club for 8 days not 8 games fp.gif

jarv

Mr. RR, I am with other old timers on here. Been supporting since 1960 and what we have witnessed is the following.
1. In the top division for 13 years, which has sort of spoiled us.
2. Roy produced the best team in the club's history, highest position in the league and a Euro final.
3. Dismantled by the incompetent fool Jol by dreadful signings, letting players go who he couldn't get along with and dreadful tactics. This led to serious disappointment for all of us (see point 1)
4. Hot favourites with the bookies to go down and they are not often wrong.

The above makes me think half empty, where did it all go wrong.? Difficult to watch a game now (I watch all of them) without that sinking feeling when we concede.

Everyone wants our new man to succeed but I fear it is too late and Jol has taken the prize away from Sanchez as the biggest fool in management.

RidgeRider

Quote from: jarv on February 23, 2014, 04:06:51 PM
Mr. RR, I am with other old timers on here. Been supporting since 1960 and what we have witnessed is the following.
1. In the top division for 13 years, which has sort of spoiled us.
2. Roy produced the best team in the club's history, highest position in the league and a Euro final.
3. Dismantled by the incompetent fool Jol by dreadful signings, letting players go who he couldn't get along with and dreadful tactics. This led to serious disappointment for all of us (see point 1)
4. Hot favourites with the bookies to go down and they are not often wrong.

The above makes me think half empty, where did it all go wrong.? Difficult to watch a game now (I watch all of them) without that sinking feeling when we concede.

Everyone wants our new man to succeed but I fear it is too late and Jol has taken the prize away from Sanchez as the biggest fool in management.

That's all fine but why go after Magath then? He has nothing to do with what Jol did or didn't do. That part of our history is over. We need to get over it and move forward without harnessing the new guy with old sins that he didn't commit. That's my point.

Peabody

Having supported Fulham since 1946, I cannot see the relevance of how long you supported Fulham, what I do see is a knee jerk reactions, why? Because we did not win, I can only assume that this is the case. I just cannot understand why after one game, people feel justified in criticising. For goodness sake, we have been losing all season and we are red hot favourites to go down but but  there is still achanceand whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

YankeeJim

I was explaining my being a fan of Fulham to my granddaughter who is in love with Rooney by saying its very much like being a Chicago Cubs fan. To you English blokes, the Cubs haven't won anything since about 1915. They have a small but very faithful fan base nationwide. The thing they have in common is that they expect the worst to happen. Just like any person here who starts a comment with "I've been a Fulham fan since..."
Trust in Felix. We'll be in the top ten next season.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nose

Quote from: Peabody on February 23, 2014, 05:07:22 PM
Having supported Fulham since 1946, I cannot see the relevance of how long you supported Fulham, what I do see is a knee jerk reactions, why? Because we did not win, I can only assume that this is the case. I just cannot understand why after one game, people feel justified in criticising. For goodness sake, we have been losing all season and we are red hot favourites to go down but but  there is still achanceand whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

it's not knee jerk
some of us reported what we saw and simply reported that we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory.. poor second half tactics and even worse substitutions cost us two valuable points

felix is new and I am prepared to wait and see but yesterday wasn't that great and the introduction iof the greek flew in the face of what he said at the press conference... either mitroglu is lazy of unfit, either way it is not what we needed and felix would surely have seen that in training during the week.... lazy players are lazy, unfit are unfit.

parker was also a great liability

we need 11 players on the pitch really doing it and in the second half in particular that we did not have.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Peabody on February 23, 2014, 05:07:22 PM
... whilst there is still a chance, so I will carry on hoping and getting behind the team.

It also possible to be disappointed, to voice that disappointment, yet still hold out some hope and get behind the team.