watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brian McBride HALL OF FAMER!!!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 24, 2014, 11:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Former Fulham Captain Brian McBride has been inducted into the U.S. National Soccer Hall of Fame!!!

My very best congratulations to the best Fulham player I have ever seen, or am likely to ever see

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Congratulations Brian ................ you are well loved  :54:

Tooting legend

Congratulations Brian great achievement......But seriously you must be a very young and new to Fulhamfc to think he's the best player that you have ever seen in a Fulham shirt, there are shed loads of players who have pulled on a Fulham shirt that were a lot better. But Brian did a great job for us.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Tooting legend on February 25, 2014, 12:21:56 AM
Congratulations Brian great achievement......But seriously you must be a very young and new to Fulhamfc to think he's the best player that you have ever seen in a Fulham shirt, there are shed loads of players who have pulled on a Fulham shirt that were a lot better. But Brian did a great job for us.

I'm 21, so yes I never saw the likes of Bedford Jezzard, The Maestro, Gordon Davies etc
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Tooting legend

fair play mate, well yes he would be the best that you have seen other then saha. coyw.

tonynorton

jj____

Northern Cottager

Burt

Good stuff!

How we could do with his sort now that we are in a relegation scrap...

The Enclosurite

Well deserved but how was he not already in it!!??  Is it the first year?   :49:
¡COYW!

MOR :

jms

In my book, Brian is up there with Bedford Jezzard and Saha. Our 3 greatest centre forwards. One of the bravest players I've ever seen. Good one Brian   :wine:

Burt

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/february/24/mcbride-hall-of-fame

Former Fulham Captain Brian McBride has been inducted into the U.S. National Soccer Hall of Fame.

McBride, who lined up for the U.S. at three World Cups (1998, 2002 and 2006), was elected to the Class of 2014 as a first-ballot inductee. With more than 90 caps and 30 international goals to his name, he is recognised as one of his country's greatest-ever players. 

He also helped the U.S. claim the 2002 CONCACAF Gold Cup, and guided them to the Semi-Final of the 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup and the Quarter-Final of the World Cup in 2002.

Having started his career at Milwaukee Rampage, McBride lined up for VfL Wolfsburg in Germany before returning to the U.S. with Columbus Crew. Loan spells at Preston North End and Everton followed, before a move to Craven Cottage in January 2004.

In SW6 the American's impact was instant, leading Fulham's frontline with unrivalled bravery and commitment. He would go on to score 40 goals in 153 appearances for the Whites, and finished the 2006/07 campaign as the Club's leading scorer. In the summer of 2007, he was handed the Captain's armband.

Such was his popularity on the banks of the Thames, McBride was twice named Fulham's Player of the Year and in June 2009 the Club renamed a bar at the Cottage in his honour. In playing his part in our 'Great Escape' at the end of the 2007/08 season (his last in English football), few overseas players have captured Fulham hearts quite like our former inspirational striker.

He returned to the MLS in July 2008 when signing for Chicago Fire, before retiring at the end of the 2009/10 season – scoring in his final match and leaving the field to a standing ovation.

Now working as an analyst for Fox Soccer, McBride's contribution to American soccer and the wider game has been deservedly rewarded and all at Fulham Football Club would like to congratulate him on his award.