https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Karagounis

Started by gerrys, March 01, 2014, 04:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrys

Why wasn't he a starter???

Galeforce

because our new manager has not watched any of our games this season.....................
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

DUKE

Because he is 36 and can not start on a high tempo. His energy levels will die down after 20 min of play and after that he will start his theatricals like he always does. He is good in the last 15-20 min when the game is more to his level of fitness.

VamosFFC

We need a team full of Karagounis'. Every time he plays he plays full out. And he definitely lasts more than 15-20 min. The games he started under Rene, he played up to tempo very well.

itombomb

Quote from: DUKE on March 01, 2014, 05:01:58 PM
Because he is 36 and can not start on a high tempo. His energy levels will die down after 20 min of play and after that he will start his theatricals like he always does. He is good in the last 15-20 min when the game is more to his level of fitness.
That is exactly it, for 15-20 minutes he is top class, after that he's a passenger.

bill taylors apprentice

Under the circumstances I would pick kara ahead of parker with kvist behind and let him play.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Galeforce on March 01, 2014, 04:57:52 PM
because our new manager has not watched any of our games this season.....................

That actually is so true.

He if had he wouldn't have loaned out Tunnicliffe.

Parker and Hange would still be benched.

Kieran wouldn't be at LB. Holtby wouldn't have been dropped.

Tankovic/Hot Rod > Bent
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 01, 2014, 05:14:21 PM
Under the circumstances I would pick kara ahead of parker with kvist behind and let him play.

Sidwell - Karagounis
       Holtby.

Creativity, work-rate and can defend.

Kvist for Kara at 60mins
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Fulham Paul

I thought I was the only one who rated him, he shoots and creates for others. Agree with you get defenders behind him and let him play behind the striker.

St Eve

Kara offers more than Parker. And - wait for it - HE CARES

terryr

Because he runs out of puff after 30 mins

Dodger53

I was staggered that Parker was clapped off - what a very ordinary 2nd rate player he is now. I would guess OPTA stats have him top of ball touches, just not any good ones!

HatterDon

almost two complete seasons in and I can't understand the level of disdain for Sidwell and all the love for Karagounis. The guy is an embarrassment with all the diving and acting and gesticulating.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Roberty

Quote from: HatterDon on March 02, 2014, 03:33:55 AM
almost two complete seasons in and I can't understand the level of disdain for Sidwell and all the love for Karagounis. The guy is an embarrassment with all the diving and acting and gesticulating.

It's the Oscars tonight - do you think they will have a special award for him
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MJG

Maybe, but he has one thing that Parker and Sidwell do not have, and thats the ablity of a defence splitting pass. He might only be good for an hour but I'd start him next week

Alan_C

Parker and Sidwell doesn't work. I liked the look of Kvist in his two games an organiser and seemed defensively minded. That would allow Karagounis to start and be replaced after 60 minutes. He tires no less than Parker and offers more.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

.............Because,   Karagounis  got injured  in Hull  and this was his 1st game back, against a very useful Chelsea 

Still believe

Karagounis is one of the best passers of the ball, attracts useful fouls, can shoot & take set pieces.  He'd be in my team to start against Cardiff:

Stek

Reither
Heitinga
Hangeland
Riise/Richardson

Kvist
Karagounis
Sidwell

Dejagah
Holtby

Mitroglou/Roddy (NOT Bent)

ross_bamping

That is the only role Karagounis can take. He can't last a half, let alone a game. A good impact sub to bring on with 30 min left. Sidwell, Kvist and Holtby should be are middle trio.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

callumc513

To be fair, I think both get a lot of deserved praise. Kara is arguably our best passer.