watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou....should we keep him...merged

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, March 08, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Is this Mitroglou going to be the biggest farce in our History?
The only reason i say this is when we go down, and we now will, he wont stick around surley?
We paid a record ammount for him and he has had a sick note most of the season.
A panic buy under Rene, but not Rene's signing, only to Sack Rene and bring in Mgarth and the Greek hasnt even been fit....who the hell is to blame on that one?
The championship will do us good, rebuild and start from scratch.

One Martin Thomas

Certainly was a panic buy.  However, when you needed a striker, who else was out there ?

£12m apparently got us a decent champions' league striker.  I think Rene was right to go for someone like that as the final throw of  the dice.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 08, 2014, 04:44:10 PM
Certainly was a panic buy.  However, when you needed a striker, who else was out there ?

£12m apparently got us a decent champions' league striker.  I think Rene was right to go for someone like that as the final throw of  the dice.
problem is it wasnt Rene who went for him, like i say it wasnt his signing

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on March 08, 2014, 04:45:57 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 08, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

problem is it wasnt Rene who went for him, like i say it wasnt his signing

apologies... i agree...

JBH

Unbelievable give him a chance its not his fault we are in this position and if you expected him to be up to pace straight away, that's wishful thinking 065.gif

agree with this, this was his first start with the full team. He needs games....course we don't enough left for him to make the impact they were hoping...big mistake but not his fault.

Chutney

I don't think the question is will he stick around, I think the question is can we afford him too? His giant wages won't be met by the gate receipts brought in by watching sides like doncaster and yeovil.
C O Y W

VamosFFC

Quote from: JBH on March 08, 2014, 04:47:51 PM
Unbelievable give him a chance its not his fault we are in this position and if you expected him to be up to pace straight away then you are truly deluded 065.gif

Have to agree. It's his first complete game. Give him a chance.

fulhamben

best thing we can do is pretend he is injured and hope he has a good wc. that way we might recoup what we paid for him. cant see him scoring one goal with the service we supply him so to keep on playing him will only lower his resale value
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WORTHINGFULHAM

i am not slating the lad, he has nothing wrong, i am just saying we about to be relegated and bought in Mitroglou who was injured at the time and wont want to play in the championship for a record fee.We wont get that back in a hurry, another loss on a panic purchase.

H3Matt

I don't think even Fulham are stupid enough to spend £12m on a striker and potentially release him. We'll look for at least £8m for him in the summer or he ends up staying and playing in the Championship. He has a contract to oblige by.

rockieroad

Somebody will take him on loan. If not just sell him for the highest bid. Wasn't enough time to get him ready for the premier league.

nose

the man is a 100% joke footballer
what a con trick he is like marlet and ruiz.... i suspect the agents all made fortunes but the man is miles away from what is required, no suprise

callumc513

Unbelievable give him a chance its not his fault we are in this position and if you expected him to be up to pace straight away then you are truly deluded 065.gif

Would help if he could control a ball.

K33NY

Quote from: VamosFFC on March 08, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

I would love to give him a chance, but though 9 matches left, not many more "chances" to get before he leaves again.....

Mitroglol

This is a very very bad transfer for you guys and it's coming from a fan of his.
You will get to know how good of a player he is in the few remaining games, problem is, you will be already relegated, so that's 12m down the drain.
He will just get to know bpl playing with you guys in stress free games and make a big splash next year with another team, you basically paid his ticket to england.

And on top of that he was injured, panic buy if I ever saw one.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: nose on March 08, 2014, 04:54:08 PM
the man is a 100% joke footballer
what a con trick he is like marlet and ruiz.... i suspect the agents all made fortunes but the man is miles away from what is required, no suprise
thats a bit harsh, this was his first start since his arrival and comes with a good track record, and our midfield is hardly the creative force we aspire to have.We could have van persie and roony up top and still not score as the service is dire.
No one knows if they are coming or going with all the changes ...now thats a joke.

Putney

There's probably a relegation release clause in his contract.

fulhamben

Quote from: K33NY on March 08, 2014, 04:56:42 PM
Quote from: VamosFFC on March 08, 2014, 04:49:38 PM
yep dont see the point of playing him. lets recall trotta and use him cauley dembele and tankovic in our last 9. lets get them ready for next season. (not tank if he hasnt signed a new contract mind)

I would love to give him a chance, but though 9 matches left, not many more "chances" to get before he leaves again.....
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Mitroglol on March 08, 2014, 04:57:41 PM
This is a very very bad transfer for you guys and it's coming from a fan of his.
You will get to know how good of a player he is in the few remaining games, problem is, you will be already relegated, so that's 12m down the drain.
He will just get to know bpl playing with you guys in stress free games and make a big splash next year with another team, you basically paid his ticket to england.

If he does go, it won't be money loss. We should get more than we paid for him, or at least I hope so if he does leave.

Aaron

Quote from: VamosFFC on March 08, 2014, 04:59:56 PM
Quote from: Mitroglol on March 08, 2014, 04:57:41 PM

If he does go, it won't be money loss. We should get more than we paid for him, or at least I hope so if he does leave.

Why on earth do you think we're going to get back more than we paid?  Am I missing something?

He was on a fantastic run of form before he joined us..  He's been injured or unfit since then and will likely finish the season without a goal to his name.  We won't be able to foot his wages and additionally he probably has a relegation release clause or something which at least allows him to leave on terms which are more favourable to the player than the club..  Why would anyone offer us more than £12m for him?