more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou....should we keep him...merged

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, March 08, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: GingerPele on March 09, 2014, 02:48:40 PM
I'm part Greek so I've seen him play for the national team and Olympiacos. Yesterday was the worst I've seen him play. It's understandable because he's been injured since December.

It will take time but he'll come good by the end of the season but that will probably be too late. He was a poor signing in the sense that he's not what we need right now, I don't think £12 was over paying for him.

£12 sounds about the right with the performance he produced yesterday

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Bedford White on March 08, 2014, 07:07:40 PM
The overriding thing that really chaps my ass is why the "F" didn't we sign Long and Jelovic for about the same money? Hull bought two ready to go PL standard strikers who've hit the ground running and started a strike partnership which will most likely see us ship another six unanswered goals when they visit the cottage!

Some on here won't rate either of them but Long's work rate is undeniable and Jelovic has a real eye for a goal. Mitro may as well sit the rest of the season out as playing for us will merely tarnish his CV and in all likelihood reduce his resale value further.
I thought exactly the same! Those two were proven especially Jelovic, just needed new start away from Everton.  Huddlestone too last summer, Hull hv three quality players we would kill for on a total salary of what we are paying Mitroglou.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

Bronaldinho

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

alfie

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on March 08, 2014, 04:45:57 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 08, 2014, 04:44:10 PM
Certainly was a panic buy.  However, when you needed a striker, who else was out there ?

£12m apparently got us a decent champions' league striker.  I think Rene was right to go for someone like that as the final throw of  the dice.
problem is it wasnt Rene who went for him, like i say it wasnt his signing

Do you know that for a fact?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MikeW

He was described on Five Live commentary yesterday afternoon as 'a complete joke if they paid that sort of money for him.'  Agree?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

I cannot believe some of you are slagging off a new signing after one full 90 mins.  By all means criticise the purchase but that is hardly his fault.  Who knows how good he is, certainly none of you yet.

hovewhite

Keep him ,think he will help us back,already more involved than bent and here permanant not a loan.

Scrumpy

It is ridiculous to write him off so early. Anyone who has seen him play previously will know how good he was before his injury. Felix needs to play him in every game now until the season's end, and let's see then how many think he is a 'complete joke'.

If Khan can stomach the wages, then keep him here next season and I reckon he could get us the 20-30 goals that we need at that level to get straight back up. (Yes, I am sure we're down now).
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

panos

I watched last Fulham match.
Mitroglou had nothing to do with the Mitroglou I was watching when he was playing for us (Olympiakos).
It is certain that he is not fit after his knee injury.
But believe me guys, when he will be able to play well you will adore him as we did.  Maybe he needs a bit of confidence.
We lost last 2 derbies (vs Panathinaikos & PAOK) and we miss him so much!

Another thing. The reason for loosing the game was the so easy goals Cardiff scored!
I was surprised with Kara! He is almost 37 years old(if I remember well). He seemed so much "moving" than other much younger players!

I wish you the best vs Newcastle

westcliff white

make some laugh he has played 2 hours of football for us and already written off. I remember the uproar when we sold Louis Saha and replaced him with McBride, Brian score din his forst game and then had a little barren spell and people were saying similar (also saying that before he played a game), now when we look back do they think the same? I know we don't have time but just keep things in perspective. Most see relegation as are forgone conclusion that being the case give him a little space to work.
Every day is a Fulham day

Neil D

Keep him.  That one snap shot on the turn against Cardiff tells me he will be a real asset in the Championship.

Bracken White

I believe we are judging him too soon. As badly as we are now playing there were glimpses of what he can do on Saturday.
Whether he will stay or not is a summer decision - best to get him fit and give him his head. At this stage what have we got to loose?
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

LillieBoy

Quote from: Neil D on March 11, 2014, 08:11:04 AM
Keep him.  That one snap shot on the turn against Cardiff tells me he will be a real asset in the Championship.

I would be very surprised if a Greek international, Champion League player would be hapy playing at Griffin Park, Doncaster or Huddersfield.

He'd be gone like a shot.   :Get Coat gif:

terryr

We need to let him play more than one game before he's written off... For God's sake everyone, its absurd all this vitriol!
STOP IT

Beamer

My contact has told me that the guy was hawked all over Europe before we got desperate for a striker and paid up - the chances of us being able to sell him for anything like the sort of money we paid are pretty slim. By the way he also says that there is no chance that FM will stay to manage in the championship, so unless a miracle happens we are going to undergo some radical changes in the summer - whether that's a good or bad thing in the long run remains to be seen.

ron

Quote from: TerryR on March 11, 2014, 11:41:07 AM
We need to let him play more than one game before he's written off... For God's sake everyone, its absurd all this vitriol!
STOP IT

this Vitrioglou..... :54:

Skatzoffc

Quote from: davew on March 08, 2014, 05:22:22 PM
QPR will probably buy him, that would be fun!!

Ha!   What with they are F'd

I could see them throwing the playoffs so they don't come up and get fined £50m.
They will still get a transfer embargo if they don't come up.
But that is the soft, (cheap), option.

lol

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: panos on March 11, 2014, 06:53:06 AM
I watched last Fulham match.
Mitroglou had nothing to do with the Mitroglou I was watching when he was playing for us (Olympiakos).
It is certain that he is not fit after his knee injury.
But believe me guys, when he will be able to play well you will adore him as we did.  Maybe he needs a bit of confidence.
We lost last 2 derbies (vs Panathinaikos & PAOK) and we miss him so much!

Another thing. The reason for loosing the game was the so easy goals Cardiff scored!
I was surprised with Kara! He is almost 37 years old(if I remember well). He seemed so much "moving" than other much younger players!

I wish you the best vs Newcastle

Thanks Panos. Same to you

8-)
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Lighthouse

Well what we have seen so far than clearly the club need shooting. As for keeping him. Well he cost a packet, they saw us coming, we will lose whatever happens. A full stop on an awful season that has been mostly self inflicted.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RPhillips

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on March 08, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Is this Mitroglou going to be the biggest farce in our History?
The only reason i say this is when we go down, and we now will, he wont stick around surley?
We paid a record ammount for him and he has had a sick note most of the season.
A panic buy under Rene, but not Rene's signing, only to Sack Rene and bring in Mgarth and the Greek hasnt even been fit....who the hell is to blame on that one?
The championship will do us good, rebuild and start from scratch.
Dropping into The Championship will NOT "do us good"; it will be very, very difficult for a club of our size to come back up. Personally, I don't see us ever coming back up, as I don't think that Khan, who is clearly extremely wealthy but doesn't have the truly bottomless pockets of a Russian oligarch or a Middle Eastern sheikh, is prepared to throw good money after bad.