more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou....should we keep him...merged

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, March 08, 2014, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
best thing we can do is pretend he is injured and hope he has a good wc. that way we might recoup what we paid for him. cant see him scoring one goal with the service we supply him so to keep on playing him will only lower his resale value

Sorry, why does having a good toilet matter?

Twig

Quote from: VamosFFC on March 08, 2014, 04:59:56 PM
Quote from: Mitroglol on March 08, 2014, 04:57:41 PM
This is a very very bad transfer for you guys and it's coming from a fan of his.
You will get to know how good of a player he is in the few remaining games, problem is, you will be already relegated, so that's 12m down the drain.
He will just get to know bpl playing with you guys in stress free games and make a big splash next year with another team, you basically paid his ticket to england.

And on top of that he was injured, panic buy if I ever saw one.

If he does go, it won't be money loss. We should get more than we paid for him, or at least I hope so if he does leave.

How do you work that one out?

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2014, 05:12:06 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 04:50:43 PM
best thing we can do is pretend he is injured and hope he has a good wc. that way we might recoup what we paid for him. cant see him scoring one goal with the service we supply him so to keep on playing him will only lower his resale value

Sorry, why does having a good toilet matter?
lol, but incase you are serious wc = world cup
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Toby Ward-Smith

Many will disagree but I believe that in the championship with good service he could score  a lot of goals. He has done it in the champions league and Greek League, but the prem just isn't right for him. But I could tell he will take chances, look at his  brilliant snap shot, half volley in the second half that Marshall saved well. Also the one I have been thinking about is Ruiz. I think that he should be given a chance in the championship because the quality is similar to the dutch league. He could create the chances for Mitroglou. Use him in the first few games and see how he plays, then if he isn't up to it you have enough time to find a buyer.

fulhamben

as with dembele, i doubt we will have a choice. id be hugely suprised if there wasnt a relegation clause in his contract
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

QPR will probably buy him, that would be fun!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Ordar

There is no way he will play in the Championship. The chances of him having a relegation release clause must be 100%

bill taylors apprentice

Its irrelevant!

We are going down and he will be off!

Bedford White

The overriding thing that really chaps my ass is why the "F" didn't we sign Long and Jelovic for about the same money? Hull bought two ready to go PL standard strikers who've hit the ground running and started a strike partnership which will most likely see us ship another six unanswered goals when they visit the cottage!

Some on here won't rate either of them but Long's work rate is undeniable and Jelovic has a real eye for a goal. Mitro may as well sit the rest of the season out as playing for us will merely tarnish his CV and in all likelihood reduce his resale value further.

Max Headroom

What is it with people writing him off after one game when the whole team was completely outplayed. Not his fault. And his first game.... Wow

ron

Quote from: Max Headroom on March 08, 2014, 07:15:52 PM
What is it with people writing him off after one game when the whole team was completely outplayed. Not his fault. And his first game.... Wow

I think it's more to do with the size of the fee, and the fact that whenever we splash out big money, it turns into a disaster.

Mind you it was a monumentally bad bit of business to pay what we did for him just because we needed an instant skill input, only to find that he had ongoing fitness problems.

All he has done for us is to become part of the problem, rather than part of the solution.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 05:22:10 PM
as with dembele, i doubt we will have a choice. id be hugely suprised if there wasnt a relegation clause in his contract
May well be but it won't be a clause saying he can leave for nothing. The fee would likely be what we paid which probably no one will match so it'll be our choice whether he stays or goes.

HatterDon

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on March 08, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Is this Mitroglou going to be the biggest farce in our History?

No, Jol gets the award for our biggest farce in Premier League history.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

itombomb

Quote from: Ordar on March 08, 2014, 05:22:45 PM
There is no way he will play in the Championship. The chances of him having a relegation release clause must be 100%
He will have a release clause, but I expect it will be for the same amount we paid for him, in which case we would be no worse off.

More likely is that he goes to a mid-table Premier League team on loan for the whole season with no recall.

Burt

Perhaps if we stayed up then he will remain.

I may suggest that to the club  :dft011:

God The Mechanic

Would likely have been a good signing if made last July - a bit of pre-season and a few months to get up to speed meaning he'd hit his stride in October.  But on the final day of the January window, giving him 2/3 months to fully settle brings us to the end of the season.

jarv

Rather have Ruiz back. He can't trap a bag of cement. I mean....he is absolutely useless!!!! I saw him pull out of situations today. We signed a big girl.
For 12 million we could have had Rhodes, McCormack, Lambert, Defoe.  Any 2 of them and had change for a night down the pub.

VamosFFC

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 08, 2014, 07:24:03 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 05:22:10 PM
May well be but it won't be a clause saying he can leave for nothing. The fee would likely be what we paid which probably no one will match so it'll be our choice whether he stays or goes.

This is what I'm talking about when I was saying we won't lose money on Mitroglou or at least I hope we don't.

Also, does anyone else like me prefer more agile, quicker strikers instead of the ones where we hoof the ball up to?

Wingnut

He isn't match fit. We can't really make a true judgement on his ability until he is. Sadly, it will be too late to save our season before we see what he can offer. If he finds some form towards the end of the season and bags a few, we might break even on him. I can't see us holding onto him for next season.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

GingerPele

I'm part Greek so I've seen him play for the national team and Olympiacos. Yesterday was the worst I've seen him play. It's understandable because he's been injured since December.

It will take time but he'll come good by the end of the season but that will probably be too late. He was a poor signing in the sense that he's not what we need right now, I don't think £12 was over paying for him.