more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We would have won this game under Rene

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, March 08, 2014, 04:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

Spot on.

Burn and Heitinga were the foundation at the back.

The defensivie 4-4-1-1 counter football was working, as it meant we were 6-3-1 in defence which is the way to go about it.

Giving Woodrow a debut at this point was silly.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

nose

Quote from: alfie on March 09, 2014, 11:16:54 AM
Quote from: nose on March 09, 2014, 09:45:53 AM
Quote from: TerryR on March 09, 2014, 08:55:41 AM
Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on March 08, 2014, 04:36:22 PM
We would have won this game under Rene, he was just starting to get things right then Khan and Mac sack him for Magath who has know clue how the prem works.
Pointless hand wringing.
Rene made a good show but the results were not there.
Remember Hull????
Forget Rene.
He is irrelevant now. There is nothing to be gained by harking back to a mythical time when frankly we were doing no better than now. History has a way of being rewritten. The results were not coming....then or now. Next game....that's all we can do. Look to the next game. Looking back is pointless

I thought pointless hand wringinng and futile debate were a key reason for the existence of MBs like this.
If you deny me the opportunity to wail in the night, you deny me closure on the unnecesary dismantling in a once competent team.

I think MR Nose that the point is there is no point in speculating what might or might not have happened it is something we will never know, some say we would have won this game under Rene, it is possible of that we may have won this game under Jol, it is something that has now gone.

Logically, you are correct, but I am afraid logic isn't a factor.
If it was my business I would want to identify who was responsible and take action.
As it is we do not know who really has made the descions, so all that is left is pointless speculation... and for wht it is worth, it makes for quite interesting debate and sometimes gives an insight into what other people think.
Just my opinion and largely I offer it because I absolutely thought rene was about to come good and i had that chance of finding out snatched away.

Hope springs eternal and I suppose IF (there is a big bit of speculation) we beat newcastle, then maybe there might just be a slim hope of some progress.

alfie

Quote from: nose on March 09, 2014, 12:47:56 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 09, 2014, 11:16:54 AM
Quote from: nose on March 09, 2014, 09:45:53 AM
Quote from: TerryR on March 09, 2014, 08:55:41 AM
Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on March 08, 2014, 04:36:22 PM
We would have won this game under Rene, he was just starting to get things right then Khan and Mac sack him for Magath who has know clue how the prem works.
Pointless hand wringing.
Rene made a good show but the results were not there.
Remember Hull????
Forget Rene.
He is irrelevant now. There is nothing to be gained by harking back to a mythical time when frankly we were doing no better than now. History has a way of being rewritten. The results were not coming....then or now. Next game....that's all we can do. Look to the next game. Looking back is pointless

I thought pointless hand wringinng and futile debate were a key reason for the existence of MBs like this.
If you deny me the opportunity to wail in the night, you deny me closure on the unnecesary dismantling in a once competent team.

I think MR Nose that the point is there is no point in speculating what might or might not have happened it is something we will never know, some say we would have won this game under Rene, it is possible of that we may have won this game under Jol, it is something that has now gone.

Logically, you are correct, but I am afraid logic isn't a factor.
If it was my business I would want to identify who was responsible and take action.
As it is we do not know who really has made the descions, so all that is left is pointless speculation... and for wht it is worth, it makes for quite interesting debate and sometimes gives an insight into what other people think.
Just my opinion and largely I offer it because I absolutely thought rene was about to come good and i had that chance of finding out snatched away.

Hope springs eternal and I suppose IF (there is a big bit of speculation) we beat newcastle, then maybe there might just be a slim hope of some progress.

Yep agree with that,  Khan thought Rene was responsible for continued loosing and shipping goals and i guess he took action right or wrong he did take action
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't