https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How important is the game against Newcastle

Started by The Swan, March 09, 2014, 10:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 10, 2014, 08:08:10 AM
What's all this "false hope" rubbish?
Good job we didn't feel this way when we were 2-0 down at half time in Manchester in '08!

This game is massively important - if we win it will give us a lift that may push us on.
We can still get out of this mess!
  049:gif

Dream on!, we cannot even get a draw against the second worst team in the league who have done a double over us!Where are the goals going to come from? This is a totally different team to the team of 08, no commitment and sweet FA tactics

dgnffc

There's no fight or spirit in this team any more. There was under Rene but Felix has managed to kill that so in my opinion, all the games for the rest of the season are meaningless in terms of trying to avoid relegation and should be used to start preparing a team for next season in the Championship.

Burt

How important is the game against Newcastle?

Well, the game against Cardiff was meant to be season-defining for both teams.

As each games pass, the games get less important because we lose and the number of points we have available to survive diminish. Just stating a fact here.

If we win against Newcastle then that will probably feed a frenzy of heightened expectations, false dawns, etc. If we manage two wins on the trot, something I don't think we have achieved for months, and also walk away from Villa with all the points then maybe, just maybe...

But as it stands, there has been nothing in our performances to date to suggest that we are capable of turning the tide.

I am still glass half full, and will remain as positive as I can until it is mathematically impossible for us to avoid the drop, but all this talk of vital games, and our run-in being comparatively soft, etc. are irrelevant when the team are unable to show the guts and fighting spirit that characterized our last "great escape".

nose

What strange responses
I am as down and dispirited as everyone, and I am certain we are on our way down
BUT
as somebody said, football is a funny old game.
Beat newcastle, and we are back in it, get the heads up, breath in the clear cool air of a win and see the chests puff out, pride return and all that .......
In other words, never give in, never admit defeat. F
igure out a way to win, and do your best.
we got three points at man city against the odds in 2008, lets do it in 2014, wigan managed tio win their yesterday, so can we

NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER
27 points left, let's get them!

Baszab

Churchill -->
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

westcliff white

Your right we can get those results but i dont think we will

If I am going to guess, and I am, sorry fot that, i would say the following.

We will beat Newcastle,
We will lose to Man City,
We will lose to Everton,
We will draw Villa,
We will beat Norwich,
We will lose to Stoke,
We will beat Hull,
We will lose to Spurs,
We will beat Palace,
That is the best we can do in my opinion, do I think it will happen, no I don't. Do I hope it will, yes I do.

That will give us 13 points added to our 21 makes 34 points, isaid a while ago I thought 34 or 35 maybe safety this year, so it may be enough, unlikely, but it maybe.
Every day is a Fulham day

cottage cheese

Dont even care any more. Will be going to the pub to watch the six nations deciders.

I am going to renew my ticket tho as I am one of the few who is looking forward to the championship. The team lacks organization, teamwork and desire and the only way to resolve this is to start all over again. We have many young players who most likely will step up to the mark in the championship so could be a breath of fresh air for the club and the fans (as I do not enjoy going to games any more)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: epsomraver on March 10, 2014, 09:30:56 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 10, 2014, 08:08:10 AM
What's all this "false hope" rubbish?
Good job we didn't feel this way when we were 2-0 down at half time in Manchester in '08!

This game is massively important - if we win it will give us a lift that may push us on.
We can still get out of this mess!
 049:gif

Dream on!, we cannot even get a draw against the second worst team in the league who have done a double over us!Where are the goals going to come from? This is a totally different team to the team of 08, no commitment and sweet FA tactics
Maybe you and others are correct, but what if I am?  

nose

Quote from: Baszab on March 10, 2014, 12:27:19 PM
Churchill -->
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

actually it applies to all walks of life
When things look really bad, and everything is going wrong and so on and so forth, you just have to dig in and become even more focused. the key adavntage we have is the run in and who is playing who. The disadvantage is our boys have to wake up and start playing. It can be done, unlikely I grant you, but it can be done, but we can only survive if there is a comunal spirit so to do.

Throwing in the towel now guarantees failure, there is everything still to play for.

Berserker

The fans not giving in is only a small part of the equation though isn't it. The players have definitely rolled over and given in as far as I can see. Mind you they probably don't have confidence in managment, managers, other players and stupid ever changing formations!!!!
The first goal against us Saturday was unbelivable, I still can't get over it, stupid, stupid Fulham
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham1959

Just phone Nigel Clough and ask him how, from a desperate position, his Sheff. Utd. have now won (I think) 9 games in a row.

Lighthouse

I did phone Nigel Clough and he told me that they played the worst Prem team he had ever seen in the FA Cup. They were awful and he told his players ' Look if this sad lot are in the Prem than even a team as bad as us can get out of this' It seemed to do the trick.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

K33NY

I have becomme so pessimistic after the Cardiff match, I was one of the most optimistic ones... but not I see no hope, and ask how can we, the team that couldnt defeat Cardiff! even think of defeating Newcastle?? I go match by match, minute for minute now, if we doe defeat Newcastle, then many of us will se a glimpse of hope, but I will refuse not to cus this season has turned out to become one special kind of cirkus show, defeat Newcastle, its still match by match, for me cus when ManC comes and we lose, we may have even less contact with the teams above us, and for those who did have a hope again, the despair and frustration will be even higher! For me then its allready settled.

I would rather choose to be positively surprised end of season, instead of going the other way, I cant take all the dissapointment we get now. and I have even settled by going down, but I will take a positive surprise instead of a negative one. But I hate to have turned this way cus for me it was all about optimism before...

Baszab

I do think that the players have given up really - although I understand we were well in the game on Saturday (I couldn't go) until Stek gave away another morale-sapping goal.

Anyway....
Will be off for various reasons - now booking Dubai holiday - Stek, Kvist, Holtby, Kara (shame), Bent, Heitinga
Hopefully gone - Riise, Duff, Parker - too old
Useless and not needed - Hangeland (shame) , Kaca, Briggs, Hugo, Zverotic, Boateng, Riether, Amor
Good for championship - Kasami, Stockdale, Richardson, Djegah, Burn
Captain - if agrees new contract - Sidwell
Others - forgotten because non-contributing including Mitroglou

U21 team - hope many will get picked off ? Will the great junior/reserve setup survive the Khan cull ?
Magath- hopefully gone

I feel like giving up now

HatterDon

sorry, the game isn't important at all -- to us or to the Barcodes
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

win-dup

a win against Newcastle will be as much use as Neville Chamberlain's piece of paper he waved at Hendon aerodrome on his return from Munich.

ron

Quote from: epsomraver on March 10, 2014, 09:28:18 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 09, 2014, 10:45:51 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 09, 2014, 10:24:11 PM
Just deciding whether to go a Archaeology conference instead actually

The age old dilemma. Digging up old fossils, watching old fossils or just talking about them.

....or in some of our cases, being one...

BestOfBrede

Quote from: win-dup on March 10, 2014, 05:51:00 PM
a win against Newcastle will be as much use as Neville Chamberlain's piece of paper he waved at Hendon aerodrome on his return from Munich.
So you would prefer a loss then, in case it raises hopes?

ron

Quote from: win-dup on March 10, 2014, 05:51:00 PM

I don't know what was on the bit of paper he may have waved at Hendon, but the signed-by-Hitler "Peace in our Time" piece was waved at Heston Aerodrome, not far from the present Heathrow.

Perhaps in a time warp it said "Come back Tigana, all is forgiven...set up some of that sweet French style passing game that was a delight to watch before Fulham Football Club descended (with one notable exception*) into darkness..."

*But Roy wouldn't come back anyway.

terryr

Quote from: RPhillips on March 10, 2014, 12:11:08 AM
Totally irrelevant.
The game may be a lot of things but irrelevant isn't one of them.
If we win there is hope.
If we lose there is none.