watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How important is the game against Newcastle

Started by The Swan, March 09, 2014, 10:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We. have 5 home games left and 4 away games.
We can beat Newcastle, and we will lose to Man City,
We can draw with Everton and draw with Villa,
We can beat Norwich and   draw with \Stoke,
We can beat Hull       and  draw with Spurs,
We can beat Palace.
That will give us 16 points added to our 21 makes 37 points.
This might be enough to beat the drop.

To achieve this total we Must start by beating Newcastle on Saturday. So this game is very important.
The Swan

Blanco

We were also supposed to beat Cardiff but it didn't happen. But yes, Newcastle is important. We will lose though. If we win, peoples attitude might change a bit. That'll just be false hope though.

Lighthouse

Don't think it is important anymore. The days of counting games and points has ended. Let's just hope we find the odd spark in performance. We are going down and we deserve to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Hong Kong Fulham fan

After the Cardiff game, I really feel we're going down. We should have beaten West brom but didn't.

It's all a bit too late if you ask me.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 09, 2014, 10:13:04 PM
Don't think it is important anymore. The days of counting games and points has ended. Let's just hope we find the odd spark in performance. We are going down and we deserve to.

:plus one: I am with Lighthouse
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Berserker

Just deciding whether to go a Archaeology conference instead actually
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Berserker on March 09, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

The age old dilemma. Digging up old fossils, watching old fossils or just talking about them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

aaronmcguigan

agree. think we need to see a bit of a spark, something to hashtag believe in to give us hope for things to come in the future, then the calculations will be in full flow. At the minute theres nothing on show
At the minute the only calculation is 21pts +0+0+0+0+0+0 = relegation.

Baszab

Our squad is simply just not good enough - in EVERY position - excepting Sidwell - not including Holtby loanee/Heitinga who's off at the end of the season

David Allen Crankshaw

The last throw of the dice. If we fail to beat Newcastle I will reluctantly admit that there is no hope of avoiding relegation.

callumc513

Absolutely spot on that we deserve to go down; any false hope from a victory v Newcastle would be bad.

St Eve

Beat Newcastle and we have a glimmer of hope. I refuse to give up

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I don't agree with your statement purely because 'WE' (the supporters) certainly don't deserve it, some of the players, (if Steve Sidwell doesn't get Player of the Year Award I'll be amazed) and some management do (but of course not all of them).
Overall, apart from a few individuals, who don't need to be named again, most of us/them don't deserve.
I have supported FFC since 1961 and although I've been in the US for over 10 years, I still like many others over here 'PLAN MY LIFE' around live TV and internet streams of our games and will be so sad if we go down, no access to games. I'm sure the wife will be 'secretly please'
I used half my vacation during the Europa Cup run, and we don't get many over here.
It's not all bad though. I traveled the UK when we were promoted from the graveyard league and boy was that fantastic.
We will return, bit is that necessary except financial ?.
Also remember, the gates in the 'championship' were almost as good as they are now.
27 possible points, still hope.
Let's hope Mr Magoo gets things right.
if you need a new manager let me know, I've never managed a football team but it can't be more taxing than the management job I've had around the world, including the one I have now, it's mostly about people management and motivation !!!

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Deanothefulhamfan

Beat Newcastle and it will give the fans some false hope, but some hope is better than none I guess even if it is in vain.

The players owe the fans a performance....

Aaron

Depends on your outlook I suppose.

As we're not mathematically relegated at this stage you could argue this game is, if anything, more important than the one we just lost.  In reality though, it's basically irrelevant and a win would be nothing but false hope.

It wouldn't really even matter if we won it and won it well or even just showed some signs of progress as there will be next to no one in the match day squad who will even be at the club in a few months time so in terms of development or progress towards next season it's also meaningless.

Snibbo

The way we are playing we can't beat anybody.

BestOfBrede

What's all this "false hope" rubbish?
Good job we didn't feel this way when we were 2-0 down at half time in Manchester in '08!

This game is massively important - if we win it will give us a lift that may push us on.
We can still get out of this mess!
  049:gif

jelmo

Its over. Not just the points tally but the performance was awful. Bedt to just accept it

epsomraver

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 09, 2014, 10:45:51 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 09, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

The age old dilemma. Digging up old fossils, watching old fossils or just talking about them.

064.gif