https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How important is the game against Newcastle

Started by The Swan, March 09, 2014, 10:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

too much defeatism on the MB.
if you aim low you will surely succeed
if you aim for the stars, you may just get there.

Berserker

Yep tell our players that
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Quote from: nose on March 11, 2014, 02:58:42 PM

If you aim for the stars you will get a stiff neck looking up at something that no longer exists and is dead already.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 11, 2014, 03:50:51 PM

If you aim for the stars you will get a stiff neck looking up at something that no longer exists and is dead already.

don't be like that!
we have supported fulham too long.....

do you recall when we lost at torquay and were in genuine danger of going into the conference.... i said to my wife that evening, I believed that with the right management and a little vision, not to mention a few bob, we could turn round all those years of decline and return to the top flight AND achieve greatness in Europe, honest.
Even if it so very  unlikely that we can turn it round, I still don't believe in giving in, and that is what so many on here seem to be doing, accepting ones fate. You should never do that, never.

What you said about a stiff neck is so wrong...
what would be more appropriate is a quote i like from mr wilde
'we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars'      and that is me, I dare to dream.

HatterDon

How exactly does our range of opinions on this board affect the outcome of matches?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WayneKerrins

Hope this post comes back to haunt me but were are so down we need intravenously administered Prozac.
Even Mourinho couldn't keep our shower up. We are still unfit (too late for Felix to fix that), plenty aren't giving 100%, many can't last much more than a half, the GK is shaky, our captain has been out of form for most of the season, we don't have a left back, no striker looks like scoring regularly (for a host of different reasons), and essentially we have a worse, fit, squad post window than pre it which is absolutely indefensible.

We're reaping what Fayed, Jol and Mac have sown and Khan has realised this too late.

Relegation is what we deserve and the only thing that it is making it more bearable is that I saw this coming (like others) months ago so the shock is lessened.

St Eve

The game is important. 3 points bring us right back in the fight.

Deanothefulhamfan

I am sorry but I think people are looking too closely at the 4 point gap, Sunderland still have to play 3 games in hand over us. 1 of which is against wba.... They only need to get 3 points in these 3 games or wba to beat Sunderland for us to be 7 points adrift.

Also for us to stay up we need to produce form of a top four team. We can't even get a point against another side who I think are certain for relegation, so this is highly unlikely....

On top of that our players are spineless cowards, who are led by a man who simply has no clue... If and it is a big If we beat newcastle who in my eyes are a decent team, on pretty good form we might gain some confidence.... But then we have to play City away, a side who come the end of tonight will only have the league to play for. If we go to city and don't concede 5 I will be amazed.

People talk about the great escape, but we had an amazing manager with players who wanted to fight and battle every game. I can name 2-3 players that would give half the amount of effort that the team of 08 gave. I admire the optimism I really do, but my optimism tank has been running on empty since we got rid of RM.

I hope all you optimistic people can say I told you so come the end of the season.

Snibbo

I gave up watching live streams of our games some months ago. So I predict a repeat of my normal post-match day morning routine:

-Get up
-Turn on computer
-Go to BBC Sport Premier League page
-Look at the Fulham result
-Shout out "Oh for F**k's sake"
-Wait half an hour before reading the report
-Get on with the rest of my day

Black, White and Fred

All I can say is that after Cardiff I can't see us getting any results that in past years you would expect. Norwich will be interesting as we are a boogey team of thiers, however if we lose then that really does say something about our team.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

PokerMatt

Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 10, 2014, 01:18:05 PMJust phone Nigel Clough and ask him how, from a desperate position, his Sheff. Utd. have now won (I think) 9 games in a row.

We don't have the luxury of playing Fulham to kick-start a run.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Berserker

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 09, 2014, 10:45:51 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 09, 2014, 10:24:11 PM
Just deciding whether to go a Archaeology conference instead actually

The age old dilemma. Digging up old fossils, watching old fossils or just talking about them.

The conference won I'm afraid. I was so disappointed at the Cardiff game I thought sod it. So bought a ticket for Saturday to listen to people talking about digging up Spitfires on Salisbury Plain.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Quote from: Berserker on March 12, 2014, 11:38:59 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 09, 2014, 10:45:51 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 09, 2014, 10:24:11 PM
Just deciding whether to go a Archaeology conference instead actually

The age old dilemma. Digging up old fossils, watching old fossils or just talking about them.

The conference won I'm afraid. I was so disappointed at the Cardiff game I thought sod it. So bought a ticket to listen to people talking about digging up Spitfires on Salisbury plain Saturday.

How could you! You will miss the Trog's hattrick!

alfie

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 12, 2014, 01:58:21 AM
I am sorry but I think people are looking too closely at the 4 point gap, Sunderland still have to play 3 games in hand over us. 1 of which is against wba.... They only need to get 3 points in these 3 games or wba to beat Sunderland for us to be 7 points adrift.

Also for us to stay up we need to produce form of a top four team. We can't even get a point against another side who I think are certain for relegation, so this is highly unlikely....

On top of that our players are spineless cowards, who are led by a man who simply has no clue... If and it is a big If we beat newcastle who in my eyes are a decent team, on pretty good form we might gain some confidence.... But then we have to play City away, a side who come the end of tonight will only have the league to play for. If we go to city and don't concede 5 I will be amazed.

People talk about the great escape, but we had an amazing manager with players who wanted to fight and battle every game. I can name 2-3 players that would give half the amount of effort that the team of 08 gave. I admire the optimism I really do, but my optimism tank has been running on empty since we got rid of RM.

I hope all you optimistic people can say I told you so come the end of the season.

I sort of agree with the above except that there is no guarantee that Sunderland will win their games in hand, and to say that our leader has no clue is a bit much, he has inhereted a team that have not shown any desire and it is probably a bit late now for him to change very much, and don't forget that when RM took over we were 3rd from bottom  when he went we were bottom and conceeded a shed load of goals, in my opinion he would not have changed much himself.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffctom_b

Sunderland are in a downward spiral. A win against Newcastle will bring us right back into the mix, I think too much emphasis was placed on the Cardiff game by the media and we are all buying into it.

Yes I agree, that most of our performances this season and the end of last season have been turgid, but at some point it has to change. Hoping that we can get a win on Saturday to try and kick start the fight for survival, it is still possible, but only just!

twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

rusty shackleford

If we win the Newcastle game is will only give us a bit of false hope that we have any chance of staying up

mangoputney

Remy will turn doddering flat foot Hangeland inside out

Loss
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Admin

I spoke to a load of Makems in Covent garden after the Chelsea game and they wasn't to confident about staying up. They said lose the final, get knocked out the other cup, and it could have a roll on effect.