watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Footballers Rich List

Started by Blanco, March 11, 2014, 08:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

This years top ten richest footballers list came out yesterday. Some of you have probably already seen it but I thought I'd make you envious again. What pees me off is how Rooney is 4th!

1. Cristiano Ronaldo £122 million
2. Lionel Mesii £120.5 million
3. Samuel Eto £70 million
4. Wayne Rooney £69 million
5. Kaka £67.5 million
6. Neymar £66 million
7. Ronaldinho £64 million
8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic £57 million
9. Gianluigi Buffon £52 million
10. Thierry Henry £47 million

Fulham76

Ronaldo almost £2.5m a week??? Unreal!

ron

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 11, 2014, 08:47:29 AM
Ronaldo almost £2.5m a week??? Unreal!

Those figures must be personal fortunes rather than annual salaries.

Blanco

Yeah, there obviously not annual salaries. That would be crazy!

LillieBoy

Quote from: Blanco on March 11, 2014, 10:44:40 AM
Yeah, there obviously not annual salaries. That would be crazy!

And £300,000 a WEEK   isn't?

:58:

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Blanco on March 11, 2014, 08:19:58 AM
What pees me off is how Rooney is 4th!

Just because a product isn't particularly good doesn't mean people won't fall for the marketing hype and buy it - footballers are products these days, if the product sells it'll make money.

Doesn't mean I think it's "right".

HatterDon

This years top ten richest footballers list came out yesterday. Some of you have probably already seen it but I thought I'd make you envious again. What pees me off is how Rooney is 4th!

5. Kaka £67.5 million
6. Neymar £66 million

Why?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Blanco

Quote from: HatterDon on March 11, 2014, 01:05:34 PM

5. Kaka £67.5 million
6. Neymar £66 million

Why?

Are you kidding me? How can Wayne Rooney be worth nearly £70 million?! I know the money Ronaldo & Messi are on is plain madness but Wayne bloody Rooney. What has he done for xlub and country in the pasr few years to deserve that fortune? He's a good player don't get me wrong but he doesn't deserve more money than say Ibrahimovic.

HatterDon

Quote from: Blanco on March 11, 2014, 01:36:10 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 11, 2014, 01:05:34 PM

5. Kaka £67.5 million
6. Neymar £66 million

Why?

Are you kidding me? How can Wayne Rooney be worth nearly £70 million?! I know the money Ronaldo & Messi are on is plain madness but Wayne bloody Rooney. What has he done for xlub and country in the pasr few years to deserve that fortune? He's a good player don't get me wrong but he doesn't deserve more money than say Ibrahimovic.

Well, he's not being paid that salary to play for England, so what he does for the national team is immaterial. Rooney is the ONLY English player who is the best player on his team, so I think he deserves a little bit.

Here's my question: How many times a season do you watch Rooney playing for Man U in the Premier League -- not highlights, mind you, but the entire 90+ minutes? I wonder that every time I see a comment on here about how rubbish he is and that he was better when he was 17 and playing for Everton.

Another thing about your list. I don't think that "richest footballers" equates to highest annual salary. 47m quid is equal to about $60m or so. Thierry Henry makes under $5m a season for his MLS club. The rest of that cash -- and for everyone else on the list -- comes from endorsements, commercials, licensing of image, etc.

If Rooney is higher on the list than Ibrahimovic, it's because the people who pay for endorsements, commercials, his image think he's more popular and valuable.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

Quote from: HatterDon on March 11, 2014, 03:38:48 PM
f Rooney is higher on the list than Ibrahimovic, it's because the people who pay for endorsements, commercials, his image think he's more popular and valuable.

It's in effect a "Most Marketable" top 10.  If only Beckham was still playing ;)