watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

More youngsters tomorrow

Started by fulhamrover, March 14, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamrover

"I have given experienced players the chance in the first few games and now is the time to put energy with the young players who won't be scared about the situation."

I love Magath's style. Could we possibly see David in next to Kvist with Woodrow and Tankovic up front?

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/march/14/manager-video

JDH101

This season has become Groundhog Day.

Martin Jol went with the old and didn't figure it out.

Rene went with the old and then did figure it out.

Magath went with the old and appears to have figured it out.

Problem is, we figured this out 6 months too late. What a shambles we have become.

MikeW

Energy with the young players .... recall Rene said this and then they whipped the rug from under him.  Deja Vu
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Artful Dodger

Lets just put the whole of the U21s in there! At least they will know each others games. The way I see it, is the biggest problem we have had is no consistency of selection, especially in defense where we have tried every combination under the sun, even before we threw in Burn. Throwing more players in at this stage is just like lobbing darts blindfold and hoping one hits the bullseye. I hope it does come off but I won't be holding my breath.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Cravenawin

Quote from: JDH101 on March 14, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Problem is, we figured this out 6 months too late. What a shambles we have become.

Thing is, the fans figured it out a year ago. What a joke Mackintosh and his cronies have made us

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MikeW on March 14, 2014, 07:56:19 PM
Energy with the young players .... recall Rene said this and then they whipped the rug from under him.  Deja Vu

Doubtful they'll do anything to subvert Magath. Whomever "they" are will have had to have given him freedom, at a minimum, to select the squad he wants. He's "they're" last shot not to be fired IMO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Cravenawin

Quote from: JDH101 on March 14, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Thing is, the fans figured it out a year ago. What a joke Mackintosh and his cronies have made us

St Eve

Riversider

Changed his attitude to youngsters big time ever since he fcuked Tunnicliffe and Cole off out of it hasn't he ?
What a shame Tunnicliffe wasn't given the chance to get a dozen or so games under his belt in a Fulham shirt before next season, Burn should also be the first name on the team shirt at the moment minutes on the clock are vital for him as he will be our main central defender next season,
I'm also a little puzzled as to how Woodrow has overtaken Dembele in the race to become a Fulham striker ?
Rene was on the right tracks when he brought the youngsters in and also tried to sign Moore and Schlupp from Leicester and Lindegard from Man Utd, strange how the club backed him with his desire to sign youngsters and the replaced him with somebody that initially wanted to go back to the tried and failed approach of Jol to use the old guard !

ChesterTheTabby

This better have some immediate effect. FIRE FOR EFFECT, MAGATH!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: fulhamrover on March 14, 2014, 07:21:19 PM
"I have given experienced players the chance in the first few games and now is the time to put energy with the young players who won't be scared about the situation."

I love Magath's style. Could we possibly see David in next to Kvist with Woodrow and Tankovic up front?

What style?

Let's not take notice of what went before? Let's emphasise fitness? Let's choose experience? We need fighters. Holtby is not a fighter. Holtby is out. Holtby is back in? Now is the time to put energy with the young players who won't be scared about the situation?

The players look confused. I'm confused.

cmg

Am I mistaken, or is that not Pat Roberts in those recent training photos?

JDH101

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 14, 2014, 10:36:34 PM
Quote from: fulhamrover on March 14, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

What style?

Let's not take notice of what went before? Let's emphasise fitness? Let's choose experience? We need fighters. Holtby is not a fighter. Holtby is out. Holtby is back in? Now is the time to put energy with the young players who won't be scared about the situation?

The players look confused. I'm confused.

10000000000% agreed. I'm confused too.

Deanothefulhamfan

Wahoooo finally Magath..... better late than never. If he plays some youngsters today then I will back him regardless of the results. Least he is preparing us for next season.....

Riise for Kaca and Heitinga for Burn....  although Hangeland has been worse, can't see him dropping our captain.

Stockdale needs to be brought back in aswell

JDH101

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 14, 2014, 11:24:53 PM
Wahoooo finally Magath..... better late than never. If he plays some youngsters today then I will back him regardless of the results. Least he is preparing us for next season.....

Riise for Kaca and Heitinga for Burn....  although Hangeland has been worse, can't see him dropping our captain.

Stockdale needs to be brought back in aswell

No Stockdale does not need to be brought back in. Heitinga has been our best CB since he has joined, so I hope he doesn't get dropped either. A win tomorrow and we are right back in with a shout.

Deanothefulhamfan

Steklenberg has been poor beyond belief and has to be dropped, his mistakes are mounting up.... Heitinga is awful as well, his positional sense  is terrible but I don't think he has been helped hy playing alongside Hangeland who in my opinion has been the biggest dissapointment this season. I would say Burn is our best CB and that is saying something as he has only played a few games for us.

The Rock

Weak from Magath. Tunnicliffe and Cole I don't think going to be up for it after their train rides.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: The Rock on March 15, 2014, 12:15:02 AM
Weak from Magath. Tunnicliffe and Cole I don't think going to be up for it after their train rides.

Hasn't Tunnicliffe been loaned and not played, and Cole went down two divisions...

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Don't go writing Felix off just yet

Chris David, Patrick Roberts, Cauley Woodrow and Muamer Tankovic have trained with the first team this week,  also Burn, Kaca and Kasami.

ross_bamping

Stek, Riether, Hangeland, Riise and Dejagah out. Stockdale, Passley, Burn, Kaca and Kasami in.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.