watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New hobby - any suggestions??

Started by aFFCn_Fan, March 30, 2014, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aFFCn_Fan

So semi-seriously, being too far away to get to games and unlikely to see Championship games on TV, does anyone have suggestions for a hobby I can take up to fill up time on weekends? What hobbies do other FoFers have?

@hincharoo

Logicalman

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on March 30, 2014, 04:40:50 PM
So semi-seriously, being too far away to get to games and unlikely to see Championship games on TV, does anyone have suggestions for a hobby I can take up to fill up time on weekends? What hobbies do other FoFers have?

Get to grips with your family tree (Ancestry.com) for the winter months. I can assist you if you start.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Macedo

Walking along the Beach and seeing what the tide has brought in
Keeps one fit as well..

Logicalman

Quote from: Macedo on March 30, 2014, 04:45:31 PM
Walking along the Beach and seeing what the tide has brought in
Keeps one fit as well..

Good one.  :54:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

K33NY

Being from Norway I am not sure about this but how many matches would you think we could see on TV next year? I know streams will be harder to get cus they favour top leagues.... It will be sad not to be able watching Fulham each weekend :(

Lighthouse

I tend to revert to type and start killing again. Like Dexter on telly I only kill those who I think deseve it. Mind you I hate everybody so I have a wide spread area to deal from. Although during the latest floods, the buried bodies tended to keep floating up and sticking up through the floor. Really embarrasing when the Vicar came to tea. Trying to explain the mouldy hand popping out of the fireplace. Still the Vicar is there now as well.

If you don't fancy going on a killing spree then collect stamps.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Archeaology. Still considering whether my body is up to being in a trench for a week for the summer school
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mungos beans

Go fishing, pitch and putt,pickle eggs and shallots. The world is your oyster.

win-dup

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 30, 2014, 05:10:13 PM
I tend to revert to type and start killing again. Like Dexter on telly I only kill those who I think deseve it. Mind you I hate everybody so I have a wide spread area to deal from. Although during the latest floods, the buried bodies tended to keep floating up and sticking up through the floor. Really embarrasing when the Vicar came to tea. Trying to explain the mouldy hand popping out of the fireplace. Still the Vicar is there now as well.

If you don't fancy going on a killing spree then collect stamps.

064.gif Very funny but does your openness about your hobby conceal the truth? The spy Guy Burgess used to get drunk and stand in the pub saying that he was spying for Russia and of course nobody took any notice. I'll keep an eye on the newspapers.

Neil D

Quote from: Berserker on March 30, 2014, 05:22:32 PM
Archeaology. Still considering whether my body is up to being in a trench for a week for the summer school
I joined my local archaeological society and suggested we took a look at a local site which was used as a camp for pows during the last war.  I never even got a reply.  If it's not neolithic, doesn't involve painstaking research into flints and old animal bones, they're not interested.  Second World War stuff is just too proletarian for their refined tastes. Needless to say, I have not rejoined.

ron

Birdwatching. Something different for each week of the year, (summer residents, passage migrants, winter residents, vagrants, accidentals)....peace and quiet and a complete antidote to crowds.

A decent pair of binoculars and a field guide book, and you're away.

Pluto

Pick up a musical instrument. Best decision you'll ever make   :HD: :drums:

Berserker

Quote from: Neil D on March 30, 2014, 06:08:35 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 30, 2014, 05:22:32 PM
I joined my local archaeological society and suggested we took a look at a local site which was used as a camp for pows during the last war.  I never even got a reply.  If it's not neolithic, doesn't involve painstaking research into flints and old animal bones, they're not interested.  Second World War stuff is just too proletarian for their refined tastes. Needless to say, I have not rejoined.

You should look at the 'Finding the Forgotten' website they are doing alot of WW1 and 2 archaeology. They have been doing quite alot of work at Yatesbury which is in my area

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SKSW6

American football. I get bored a lot at work and there are always a ton of articles to read and podcasts to listen to about draft prospects, free agency etc. Oh, and no matter which team you pick to follow, they can never be relegated (although they can be relocated).

Neil D

I've had a look at the site, Berserker.  Thank you.  That's what I would like to see here in South Bucks but, as I say, it's an unlikely development.  While we're on the subject of websites, I have one dedicated to my local town during the last war: www.cheshamatwar.com

malc

You don't say where you live but how about going to see your local non-league team? It's not like you're being disloyal to FFC and it can be a bit of a laugh sometimes & god knows we can all do with that after this car crash of a season.

Reznor

I recently took up shooting air pistols and rifles. I don't shoot living creatures, just targets etc. It is pretty addictive and once you get into all the types of guns it is great. If you live in America the guns are cheaper and more powerful as obviously gun laws in general are nowhere near as strict as in Europe.

Berserker

field archery is fun,  shooting at pretend animals and thins. Long bow is good as well, specially if you are a strong man and can shoot a war bow

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sheepskin Junior

Qualify to referee. It's what I do. Great fun and you get a bit of extra money.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

King_Crud

I play cricket in the summer, if it was an all year round sport I would play it year round. Football only exists as a hobby while I wait for cricket to start again