watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou... Sort of what we already knew but thought I'd share anyway

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, April 02, 2014, 11:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

I completely agree, and I think we will see him back here next season.

I don't think he'll play again this season due to injury, and as such he won't have proven himself at the highest level and will therefore struggle to attract big names who will want to take him on for big money and thus further risk.

I really do believe that if we can keep hold of him he could provide us with the goals needed to fire us back into the Premier League.

FPT

Forcing him will do nothing. If we go down, it would be wise to sell him, if he doesn't want to be here. Obviously, we should take a Daniel Levy approach if any enquiries do come in, "WE WANT PROFIT OR YOU CAN'T HAVE HIM."

If Felix can make him want to play for us in the Championship, maybe promise a deal of "If we don't go up first time, you can leave." If he wants to stay, of course keep him. All you have to do is glance over his goal record over the last couple of years to discover what he can do for us.

Baszab

Madgath wouldn't include him because he was so far off the pace it was embarrassing - hopefully it was because he had a hidden extra knee injury that FFC didn't
know about when signing him - other than the one they did know about but bought him with anyway in a blind panic

Riversider

What a load of cobblers, why do people believe he would be committed to playing in The Championship for us when he can't be arsed to play in The Premier League for us !
Hope we never see him in a Fulham shirt .
Yes or no , did he hide an injury when he signed ?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Riversider on April 02, 2014, 01:46:30 PM
What a load of cobblers, why do people believe he would be committed to playing in The Championship for us when he can't be arsed to play in The Premier League for us !

If he's injured he can't play. It's not that he can't be arsed.

How does a player hide an injury from a medical team?

FPT

Quote from: Riversider on April 02, 2014, 01:46:30 PM

He's injured you muppet.

shnlwswlkr

In Felix's interview last week before the Everton game he said that hopefully he should be back for this week.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Blanco

He's been injured. Doesn't mean he can't be assed.

Admin

I think a lot of you guy's fail to see that the "CLUB, PLAYER & OLYMIPIACOS" all knew he was injured before he signed, so why blame the player? Mitroglou was playing second fiddle to another forward we had just missed out on anyway (can't remember his name), so it was all a big rush.

Miroglou also doesn't have a release clause in his contract if we're relegated. If we're relegated, he's agreed on a 20% wage reduction and he can only go be sold if anyone bids 15m or over.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Admin on April 02, 2014, 01:53:45 PM
I think a lot of you guy's fail to see that the "CLUB, PLAYER & OLYMIPIACOS" all knew he was injured before he signed, so why blame the player? Mitroglou was playing second fiddle to another forward we had just missed out on anyway (can't remember his name), so it was all a big rush.

Miroglou also doesn't have a release clause in his contract if we're relegated. If we're relegated, he's agreed on a 20% wage reduction and he can only go be sold if anyone bids 15m or over.

Yee know too much! ...But how?!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

TonyGilroy

So he does have a release clause then?

Obviously you've read the contract.

Lighthouse

Three years of neglect finished off by a panic buy on the last day that has left us with kids to score the goals playing to save us.

I despair at the way Fulham have been run off the pitch in the last three seasons or more. Whenever anybody is blamed somebody says how do we know it was his fault. It seems to me our club has been negligent in the extreme. Whoever is to blame.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 02, 2014, 01:59:43 PM

No, but I know a hell of a lot more people in the know than you do. Don't know how else to put it really..

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 02, 2014, 02:14:13 PM

I despair at the way Fulham have been run off the pitch in the last three seasons or more. Whenever anybody is blamed somebody says how do we know it was his fault. It seems to me our club has been negligent in the extreme. Whoever is to blame.

No doubt about that but the context, I think, is that apart from the few clubs much richer than us none seem to sustain long term Premier League status.

13 years is a long time and perhaps the time has simply come for us. How many of our present competitors will manage the same?

cmg

Quote from: Blanco on April 02, 2014, 01:22:59 PM
Agree. Problem is, he might have a clause.

If he doesn't have one but still refuses to play would that make him a rebel without a clause?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Admin on April 02, 2014, 02:18:19 PM

No, but I know a hell of a lot more people in the know than you do. Don't know how else to put it really..

But in one sentence you've said that he doesn't have a release clause and then, in the next, that he does.

Delboy

The Championship is probably still a better league than he was in, apart from a couple of games a year. He should score a hatfull next season and then be worth somewhere near what was paid for him. Keep him.

Admin

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 02, 2014, 02:21:01 PM
Quote from: Admin on April 02, 2014, 02:18:19 PM

But in one sentence you've said that he doesn't have a release clause and then, in the next, that he does.

Sorry, I meant a direct release clause if we're relegated, it's 20% reduction in wages, or if someone coughs up 15+ million, which isn't going to happen. He'll either go out on loan, hoping we return the following season, or he plays in the Championship, which I can't see happening either. Very similar to the Remy deal in my eyes.

TonyGilroy

That's not such a bad contract for us then.

Obviously he has to be good enough but his CV suggests he is and being injured now doesn't mean he won't recover. More chance of that if we don't insist he play through the injury.

HatterDon

Who in the club said we're planning to get rid of him? If this is a REAL possibility, could we have a link? If not, what's the point of the thread title? Now "SHOULD WE get rid of Mitroglou" would make sense. "Why get rid of Mitroglou" sounds like the club has made plans to do so and we're disagreeing.

mumble mumble mumble
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel