watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou... Sort of what we already knew but thought I'd share anyway

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, April 02, 2014, 11:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy_M

Some of you that follow me on twitter may have already seen this but Sarah Brookes responded to my tweet earlier when I asked if it was true about Mitroglou being in Italy for surgery and out for the season by saying:
"not true"

So it seems we may see our record signing at some point this season then...
@got_maile

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Andy_M on April 03, 2014, 05:38:05 PM
Just to add in Sarah Brookes confirmed to me on Twitter today that the stories regarding Mitroglou are not true and that he is not out for the season.

I saw that, which is good news. The issue is it still leaves it very unclear as to how long he will still be out for. Regardless of whether he's abroad or not getting treatment, the likelihood is that he isn't fit and training now, and once he becomes fit enough to train, he won't be at full fitness for a number of weeks, by which time it might be too late.

This whole situation might have some bizarre and beautiful ending, though, if Mitroglou manages to get fit for the last two or three games of the season and scores the goals that keep us in the league. Very wishful and utopian thinking, but still a possibility.

Baszab

YankeeJim

Andy, Mitroglou is Fulham's abominable snowman. Some people swear they have seen him while the majority of us believe that it is just a good campfire story.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Blanco

There's not much point in him playing. There are 6 games left. He won't hit the ground running. Would be great though. Can you imagine if we needed a win against Palace and he scored the winning goal. I can dream...

Fulham76

I cannot believe the club haven't come out & told us what is happening with this guy. Communication with the fans should be high on their list of priorities. Unfortunately everything seems to be done in secret at Fulham.

cmg

Which season is being referred to here?

ron

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on April 03, 2014, 05:48:58 PM
Quote from: Andy_M on April 03, 2014, 05:38:05 PM
Just to add in Sarah Brookes confirmed to me on Twitter today that the stories regarding Mitroglou are not true and that he is not out for the season.

I saw that, which is good news. The issue is it still leaves it very unclear as to how long he will still be out for. Regardless of whether he's abroad or not getting treatment, the likelihood is that he isn't fit and training now, and once he becomes fit enough to train, he won't be at full fitness for a number of weeks, by which time it might be too late.

This whole situation might have some bizarre and beautiful ending, though, if Mitroglou manages to get fit for the last two or three games of the season and scores the goals that keep us in the league. Very wishful and utopian thinking, but still a possibility.

Utopian certainly, but who among us wouldn't settle for that?

...but with each week (and therefore opportunity for him to make the difference) that passes, the folly of splashing out that cash grows.

I'd love to be proved wrong by your possible scenario though.

nose

mitroglu will not appear for us in any game that counts, in which he will have to try or go the extra mile
BUT IMO he will 'miraculously' be available for greece . On the offcahnce he isn't even fit for that, then how did our team miss that he was so badly damaged!?

EJL

Is Mitrogl
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 03, 2014, 07:15:15 PM
Andy, Mitroglou is Fulham's abominable snowman. Some people swear they have seen him while the majority of us believe that it is just a good campfire story.
I reckon he's from the same mythical land as Giles Barnes, not too far away from the Kingdom of Zuberbuhler and the Island of Litmanen.

LBNo11

Quote from: EJL on April 03, 2014, 10:08:17 PM
Is Mitrogl
I reckon he's from the same mythical land as Giles Barnes, not too far away from the Kingdom of Zuberbuhler and the Island of Litmanen.

...not forgetting the (Lee) Cook Islands!
Joking aside, I believe the club and think Mitroglou will play against Villa...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

General

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 03, 2014, 10:18:29 PM
Quote from: EJL on April 03, 2014, 10:08:17 PM
Is Mitrogl

...not forgetting the (Lee) Cook Islands!
Joking aside, I believe the club and think Mitroglou will play against Villa...

Area otherwise known as the Bermuda Triangle..

premFlem

Quote from: alfie on April 03, 2014, 04:55:50 PM
Quote from: premFlem on April 03, 2014, 08:30:56 AM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on April 03, 2014, 06:05:46 AM
Ok let's put this into perspective, he has signed a very long deal with Fulham, so yes we may lose a bit of money if we sell him, but we will not sell him for less than 10 million.... What I think will happen is he will be loaned out to a premiership side next season, and we will see the benefits of him when we come back up.

If he is sold we lose 2 million, and put it down to bad business... move on and replace him with the rhodes type player.
losing our prem status and tens of mill tv money is bad business, going straight back up is highly unlikely. We desparately needed  a goalscorer and got a sicknote, not acceptable.

Why is going straight back up highly unlikely, i would say that the majority of the older players will go, we have a fresh lot of highly rated young players now emerging, and if we do go down, then i am sure we will pick up a couple of players coming towards the end of their careers to add a bit of stability. I would have thought we wait until
1. we see what league we are in
2. how we start next season and with what players.
3. whether Magath stays or someone else comes in.

I admire your optimism, but I think youre expecting to much from the youths.
magarth needs to be given 20-30 million to have any chance of bouncing straight back up
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away