more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou... Sort of what we already knew but thought I'd share anyway

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, April 02, 2014, 11:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Blanco on April 02, 2014, 01:52:29 PM
He's been injured. Doesn't mean he can't be assed.

It is said he is injured, and that is why he can't play.
I think we will see if he is really injured when greece start their friendlies for the world cup and then the games in brazil themselves.
If he manages to be ready for those I think we will have to draw our own conclusions.

ron

Quote from: Delboy on April 02, 2014, 02:22:51 PM
The Championship is probably still a better league than he was in, apart from a couple of games a year. He should score a hatfull next season and then be worth somewhere near what was paid for him. Keep him.

In that statement is a possible problem...If even the championship ups him in class, how can we expect the hatful of goals?

....and worse, if he is the equivalent of a League 1 player, how come the Einsteins on our board saw fit to part with £12m for his services?

RaySmith

The club says he's injured, so presumably he is medically unfit to play.

win-dup

Quote from: grandad on April 02, 2014, 12:15:14 PM
Heads must roll. At least Marlet, Johnson & Ruiz actually played some games.

not that anyone would have noticed though.

Logicalman

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 02, 2014, 01:16:37 PM
If he plays in the World Cup it'll be because he's fit. Good.

If he does well he will either attract a good fee or be ready to go for us next season. Again, good.

His future career can't be judged on the last few weeks.

Not always follows, Tony, he played for Greece this year when he was obviously unfit, just so he could get a place for the WCF I would guess.

In doing so, he might well have caused/aggravated the current (additional ??) issues that have apparently made him worse than useless to us for this season.  But as long as he is fit for the WCF, why should players worry about the team and fans that pay their wages each week.

Hopefully he'll be there for our climb back out of the nether regions back into the spotlight at the end of next season.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Admin, I appreciate the 20% reduction in wages, but what's his current wage?  Also any ideas what the average Prem wage is to nether league wage comparison is, is it greater than 20%?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

jarv

What will be will be. Personally, I have been in the Jordan Rhodes camp for a long time. I wish we got him before Blackbutn did. I have seen him play for Scotland a couple of times and he is good at creating his own chances. Tough, brave, quick and a "hint" of a young Alan Shearer about him. Doesn't get knocked off the ball easily.
Apart from that, for 12 mill. there are many good players out there which could have been signed, probably for less. Other teams do it, Fulham used to do it.

Logicalman

Quote from: jarv on April 02, 2014, 06:30:08 PM
What will be will be. Personally, I have been in the Jordan Rhodes camp for a long time. I wish we got him before Blackbutn did. I have seen him play for Scotland a couple of times and he is good at creating his own chances. Tough, brave, quick and a "hint" of a young Alan Shearer about him. Doesn't get knocked off the ball easily.
Apart from that, for 12 mill. there are many good players out there which could have been signed, probably for less. Other teams do it, Fulham used to do it.

... and then Roy left!

RidgeRider

another reason why my gut says Ali Mac must be relieved of his position. He has been the one constant from owner to owner.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Logicalman on April 02, 2014, 06:26:02 PM

Admin, I appreciate the 20% reduction in wages, but what's his current wage?  Also any ideas what the average Prem wage is to nether league wage comparison is, is it greater than 20%?

Apparently he's currently on wages of £40k a week, and decided to join Fulham despite higher wages offered by West Ham late in the transfer window.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I've reported you for an offensive attempt at humour, although i did laugh on the train....swine!

On the thread point; injuries happen. Senderos mashed his Achilles when he first came, was out for about a year wasn't he? He may have had a small injury when he came, but was made worse when he played. Having said that, it smacks of a desperation buy. A typical Fulham one in fact.

Quote from: cmg on April 02, 2014, 02:19:48 PM
Quote from: Blanco on April 02, 2014, 01:22:59 PM
Agree. Problem is, he might have a clause.

If he doesn't have one but still refuses to play would that make him a rebel without a clause?
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Fulham Tup North

The real crime here is not the fact that Mitroglo has cost £12m and not played (barring those 2 poor efforts), but the fact that the team was quite happy to put all their eggs in one basket and buy an unknown player, with no Premiership experience as our 'Get out of Jail' card.  Especially when there were other proven players available for a fraction of the money.  To be honest though, the money is irrelevant.  Khan would have earned more than £12m in the time it took Mitroglo to fly to London and complete his medical.  It is on who's advice Khan took to invest that money which is of most concern.  The bloke is a billionaire and clearly has a bit of common sense and yet he is watching his £200m investment melting away to a fraction of what he paid on the say-so of imbeciles.
Maybe it is all a big con and Al-Fayed will come back in the summer and buy the club back again for a fraction of what he got for it?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: cmg on April 02, 2014, 02:19:48 PM
Quote from: Blanco on April 02, 2014, 01:22:59 PM
Agree. Problem is, he might have a clause.

If he doesn't have one but still refuses to play would that make him a rebel without a clause?

Surely he's a santa clause - only appearing @ Christmas?

premFlem

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 02, 2014, 01:16:37 PM
If he plays in the World Cup it'll be because he's fit. Good.

If he does well he will either attract a good fee or be ready to go for us next season. Again, good.

His future career can't be judged on the last few weeks.
his future career cant be judged on the last few weeks

hopefully a few other careers will be judged though.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Deanothefulhamfan

Ok let's put this into perspective, he has signed a very long deal with Fulham, so yes we may lose a bit of money if we sell him, but we will not sell him for less than 10 million.... What I think will happen is he will be loaned out to a premiership side next season, and we will see the benefits of him when we come back up.

If he is sold we lose 2 million, and put it down to bad business... move on and replace him with the rhodes type player.

premFlem

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on April 03, 2014, 06:05:46 AM
Ok let's put this into perspective, he has signed a very long deal with Fulham, so yes we may lose a bit of money if we sell him, but we will not sell him for less than 10 million.... What I think will happen is he will be loaned out to a premiership side next season, and we will see the benefits of him when we come back up.

If he is sold we lose 2 million, and put it down to bad business... move on and replace him with the rhodes type player.
losing our prem status and tens of mill tv money is bad business, going straight back up is highly unlikely. We desparately needed  a goalscorer and got a sicknote, not acceptable.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

TonyGilroy

Quote from: premFlem on April 03, 2014, 08:30:56 AM
losing our prem status and tens of mill tv money is bad business, going straight back up is highly unlikely. We desparately needed  a goalscorer and got a sicknote, not acceptable.

Bad business for Khan not us. We feel the pain in other ways.

Going straight back up is not highly unlikely if we do things right this summer in terms of recruitment, organisation and fitness.

We needed a goalscorer and got one but he hasn't been fit. If he gets fit we have our goalscorer for next season.

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 03, 2014, 08:53:55 AM

Bad business for Khan not us. We feel the pain in other ways.

Going straight back up is not highly unlikely if we do things right this summer in terms of recruitment, organisation and fitness.

We needed a goalscorer and got one but he hasn't been fit. If he gets fit we have our goalscorer for next season.

It's Fulham we are talking about here Tony, that makes too much sense!

alfie

losing our prem status and tens of mill tv money is bad business, going straight back up is highly unlikely. We desparately needed  a goalscorer and got a sicknote, not acceptable.

Why is going straight back up highly unlikely, i would say that the majority of the older players will go, we have a fresh lot of highly rated young players now emerging, and if we do go down, then i am sure we will pick up a couple of players coming towards the end of their careers to add a bit of stability. I would have thought we wait until
1. we see what league we are in
2. how we start next season and with what players.
3. whether Magath stays or someone else comes in.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Andy_M

Just to add in Sarah Brookes confirmed to me on Twitter today that the stories regarding Mitroglou are not true and that he is not out for the season.
@got_maile