News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham set to axe boss Felix Magath at end of the season for Curbishl

Started by fulhamrover, April 02, 2014, 11:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamrover

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/372592/EXCLUSIVE-Fulham-set-to-axe-boss-Felix-Magath-at-end-of-the-season

Magath is likely to be dumped at the end of the season if the club, as expected, are relegated from the Premier League.

And Starsport understands the London club are ready to ask Alan Curbishley back to Craven Cottage as boss next season with under-21 coach Kit Symons promoted to work alongside him.

RELATED ARTICLES
Fulham 1 - Everton 3: Toffees ramp up top four bid as Cottagers' survival hopes are dashed
VIEDO: Felix Magath gets on his bike at Fulham
Keeping Fulham up would be one of Felix Magath's greatest achievements
Felix Magath: Keeping Fulham up would be one of my greatest achievements
I could have made a difference! Fulham's Darren Bent disappointed to miss Everton defeat
Former Bayern Munich boss Magath has collected just four points from his six games, since succeeding Rene Meulensteen in charge on February 14.

In that time he is understood to have alienated many of his first team squad with a strict training and coaching regime - to the point where officials now fear a player revolt.

The Cottagers find themselves rooted to the bottom of the Premier League, five points adrift of West Brom in 17th, who also have a game in hand.

And though the club refuse to concede defeat in their battle to avoid the drop, privately they are preparing for the worst.

When he was brought in by American owner Shahid Khan the belief was that Magath would be the ideal man to inspire a successful survival bid - or at the worst regroup over the summer to mount a challenge for instant promotion back to the top flight.

Alan Curbishley, FulhamCURB RETURN? Alan Curbishley is being lined up for a return to Craven Cottage as Magath's successor [GETTY]
But such has been the unrest within the squad at his methods, coupled with the limp way in which the side has performed on the pitch, the alarm bells are already ringing.

Relegation will cause a major financial headache with several players on wages Fulham would find hard to sustain in the Championship.

With major upheaval likely, the club are no longer certain they can rely on Magath to offload players and bring in new faces to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion.

They are showing renewed interest in taking Curbishley back to south west London, after his brief stint as technical director ended with Magath's arrival.

No move will be made until the end of the season, and although Magath last week insisted he would not quit if the club were relegated, that decision now seems certain to be taken out of his hands.

Lighthouse

This makes no sense really on so many levels. But then I wouldn't put anything past the poor decisions being made.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamrover

So if this report is right...

We sack Curbishley and pay him compensation. We then rehire Curbishley and another big contract. What happens when a manager who is out of work for 5 years and Symons who isn't great fail?

Stick with Magath please. Surely we the fans should have a say? They should put a poll on the website I think and you pay to vote

RaySmith

Fulham Tup North

Curb has been out of the game for years, apart from a short stint with us alongside Wilkins.
We should just have a new manager every month next season and put every players name into a hat to pick the starting eleven.  I am sure most of them can play in goal as well as the two we have got, so no drama's there.
Khan should stick to selling car parts and baseball!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fullofham

This sounds made-up. Have we heard rumors of squad discontent elsewhere, or are they just assuming based on his prior gigs? This season is a farce if this happens.

RolandAJ

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

Berserker

I'm getting to warm to Felix, I really hope this is not true
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamrover

If this happened I may not bother even streaming the games or listening to Gentleman Jim for the forseable future

KP_FFC

YoungsBitter

Its the Star so its not serious. I would not be surprised if this was not sour grapes by Curbishley stirring the pot, he was behind the issues with Muelensteen being fired, he undermined him with MacIntosh thinking he would get the nod and he didn't ...
Quark, strangeness and charm

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

St Eve

Sounds very plausible to me. It's not like we haven't made any bizarre decisions over the past couple of years

Count Berbatov

That's a nice story they've made up
The fact is, all - Rene, Curbishley, Magath would be great for Fulham if relegated. But the football you play now is by far the most attractive of late
I vote for Magath
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MasterHaynes

Daily Star, do you need to say anymore? Lazy journalism on a slow football news day they go down the pub and make up stories that will sell their paper. This story falls down on so many fronts.

westcliff white

if this were true surely it would mean the end of Ali Mac as the choice of McGath (as well as the January signings according to Kahn) were his choice, this would be admitting I have made a massive mistake.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Bloody hope this is just a day or two old April fool

Peabody

The Enclosurite

If, and a big IF, this is true then it should be the final nail in the coffin for Ali Mac.  Would be the worst decision of a season of bad decisions.
¡COYW!