News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the best time to say goodbye, NOW?

Started by Edwatch_Winston_Malone, June 01, 2010, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I was thinking of saying goodbye but now Peabody has beaten me to it.  I don't know whether I should wait a while so as not to steal their thunder, or to say goodbye anyway, as I originally planned. 

I mean, why should I change my plans just because somebody is a quicker typer than me? 

How long do you think that I should wait in order for my own goodbye not to be seen a bandwagon jumping?  What is a decent amount of time?

And should I continue to post messages, whilst I am waiting for a suitable period to elapse? 

Please don't respond to this message, it is not cry for attention and should you respond in any great numbers, I should have to go away and rethink my plans...

Rupert

Every time I come onto this site it says, "Hello Rupert", in the top left corner, making saying goodbye seem rather rude of me, so I will not do so.

To answer your question, I believe Peabody has been persuaded to stay, so the option to be the regular poster saying goodbye is now open again and I suggest you make your move swiftly, especially if you are a slow typer. Hmm, is "typer" a real word or have I just made it up? Sorry, I am digressing here...
Anyway, it could be a bit of a blow if you decide to say goodbye again and are again beaten to the punch, no? Your self esteem might not be able to withstand the disappointment twice, making a third attempt difficult, or even make it appear to be bordering on parody.

And, no, do not post again, it will make you seem indecisive and will only encourage those responding in the hope that you stay.

Ah, reading on I see that you do not want any reply. B@lls! Just disregard the above, will you?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

finnster01

The difference is that losing Mr Peabody is a loss of intellectual capital on the site, your departure is a breath of fresh air.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

blingo

Finster is 100% correct in this particular instance.

FatFreddysCat

I think i could grow to like Mr Andrew Malone  :54: . Though being a cat i shouldn't really like a mighty Dog.

blingo

I sometimes worry about you Fredster lol.

Scrumpy

Mr Malone

With just 70-odd posts we have hardly had a chance to get to know you properly. So it's way too early to say goodbye.

If you could give a quick summary of your various posts so far and an equally detailed resume of your next, say, 30 or 40 posts, then we will all know whether you will be missed. From what I have seen so far, my guess is that you still have several hundred posts to go before your overall contribution reaches an 'acceptable' cerebral level that will allow you to leave with your head held high. :dft012:

So I look forward to many more posts to come. :005:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

blingo

Scrumpy if u look at his posts on the offal, you wont need anymore m8.

finnster01

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 01, 2010, 09:31:36 PM
Mr Malone

With just 70-odd posts we have hardly had a chance to get to know you properly. So it's way too early to say goodbye.

If you could give a quick summary of your various posts so far and an equally detailed resume of your next, say, 30 or 40 posts, then we will all know whether you will be missed. From what I have seen so far, my guess is that you still have several hundred posts to go before your overall contribution reaches an 'acceptable' cerebral level that will allow you to leave with your head held high. :dft012:

So I look forward to many more posts to come. :005:
I'm with Blingo, I won't

Scrumpy

Quote from: blingo on June 01, 2010, 09:33:11 PM

I believe everyone deserves a chance, but I took a quick look at Cottage Corner just to check that my convictions are right.

I'm afraid I was wrong.

Winston, it's a  :038: from me!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 01, 2010, 10:05:14 PM

I believe everyone deserves a chance, but I took a quick look at Cottage Corner just to check that my convictions are right.

I'm afraid I was wrong.

Some people can post differantly on differant forums, not me obviously, i was well behaved on the Offal as well  :022: .

Scrumpy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 01, 2010, 10:11:14 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on June 01, 2010, 10:05:14 PM

I'm afraid I was wrong.

Some people can post differantly on differant forums, not me obviously, i was well behaved on the Offal as well  :022: .

I know you're a 'special' case Fredster. But there was a bloke over there posting under your name not so long ago. The guy was a right idiot! :005:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

blingo

But you have Fulham in your blood Spencer. BIG difference m8.

SHADY1

spencer was a QPR fan though and let that never be forgotten  :028:
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SHADY1 on June 01, 2010, 11:11:34 PM
I was infact Rangers main boy, and my real name is Stanley Bowles, named after my dads favorite player.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 01, 2010, 11:25:34 PM
I was infact Rangers main boy, and my real name is Stanley Bowles, named after my dads favorite player.
And your lucky i'm going to kip now or you'd get anouther of my rambling drunkard phone calls. And sent me that joke you dodgy kneed country bumpkin.

Admin

Ha ha say it how it is and put those size 10's right in there lmao...

Is that right you was a QPHAHA fan Spencer?  :005:

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Looking at the large number of responses - that I haven't bothered to read, I have reconsidered my needy drama queen posturings and now look forward to many more messages of support in the future.

Thank you all..

finnster01

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 02, 2010, 01:59:20 PM
Looking at the large number of responses - that I haven't bothered to read, I have reconsidered my needy drama queen posturings and now look forward to many more messages of support in the future.

Thank you all..
Only half of these messages addresses you.

Good luck for the future. The word Troll comes to mind. I don't know why.