watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Etheridge Recalled

Started by FortCollinsFulham, April 04, 2014, 03:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FortCollinsFulham

'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Jamie88

Aaron

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it would appear evident to me that Magath has very little time for those who aren't going to be here next season..

We'll never see Stekelenburg in goal for us again.

Edit: I don't think it's odd, presumably the manager wants to see if Etheridge is a good enough backup for next seasons Championship campaign.  Stekelenburg is gone at the end of May anyways.

bucksfulham

Probably brought him back because he's not getting game time.

Admin

Quote from: Aaron on April 04, 2014, 03:51:18 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it would appear evident to me that Magath has very little time for those who aren't going to be here next season..

Edit: I don't think it's odd, presumably the manager wants to see if Etheridge is a good enough backup for next seasons Championship campaign.  Stekelenburg is gone at the end of May anyways.

Stekelenburg doesn't have a release clause either, if we're relegated, he remains, unless someone buys him of course. Can't see anyone giving us what we paid for him, so it could be another Cesar of QPR situation, hold on, are we the new QPR?

terryr

given we are likely to start the under 21 keeper we need a stand in

Aaron

Quote from: Admin on April 04, 2014, 04:06:19 PM
Quote from: Aaron on April 04, 2014, 03:51:18 PM

Stekelenburg doesn't have a release clause either, if we're relegated, he remains, unless someone buys him of course. Can't see anyone giving us what we paid for him, so it could be another Cesar of QPR situation, hold on, are we the new QPR?

I hope not..  We don't *feel* quite so mercenary and are financially more astute.

But not even QPR payed £12m for a player who never played for them.

MasterHaynes

Not surprising really , the reason we got him because he threw a strop at Roma when he was dropped, sounds like same situation. The comments from the supporters group that watched the training was that he was the only one who was morose and distant so not that much of a surprise and Etheridge is a good keeper.

God The Mechanic

I bet they wish Samba never played for them...

Northern Cottager

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 04, 2014, 04:29:23 PM
I bet they wish Samba never played for them...

Samba scored more goals for us than Mitrogolou has...

Fernhurst

Quote from: MasterHaynes on April 04, 2014, 04:28:06 PM
Not surprising really , the reason we got him because he threw a strop at Roma when he was dropped, sounds like same situation. The comments from the supporters group that watched the training was that he was the only one who was morose and distant so not that much of a surprise and Etheridge is a good keeper.

Very likely MH an additional strop has ensued..... Dutch players are never shy of letting their feelings be known.
If he has made it plain he will sit on the bench no longer, the inner cold steel of our Teutonic taskmaster kicked in and a recall was immediately launched.

6/4 our Dutch keeper has developed a mystery injury tomorrow.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

YoungsBitter

Actually Etheridge is injured but could not be recalled until his loan period minimum of 30 days was up...I think we are all reading too much in to this
Quark, strangeness and charm

Fernhurst

Quote from: YoungsBitter on April 04, 2014, 05:58:32 PM
Actually Etheridge is injured but could not be recalled until his loan period minimum of 30 days was up...I think we are all reading too much in to this

Oh...........ok ........1/2 he's on the bench then!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.