watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Unsung Hero

Started by FFC-DownUnder, April 06, 2014, 10:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC-DownUnder

Anybody else notice how cool, calm and disciplined Diarra was? He is what we have been missing in this team for so long and I'm glad he's back, and lasted 90 minutes comfortably. Not sure about the stats but from where I was watching he didn't make a bad pass? This is the type of player and experience we need to stay in this league!

Still believe! COYW!

049:gif

Bronaldinho

He allowed Sidwell to get further forward. Calm and class personified.

He also communicated with the back four really well.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

bucksfulham

Quote from: FulhamIOW on April 06, 2014, 10:58:35 AM
Anybody else notice how cool, calm and disciplined Diarra was? He is what we have been missing in this team for so long and I'm glad he's back, and lasted 90 minutes comfortably. Not sure about the stats but from where I was watching he didn't make a bad pass? This is the type of player and experience we need to stay in this league!

Still believe! COYW!

049:gif
I felt exactly the same. Never put a foot wrong and looked really fit. Remarkable for someone who's been out for such a long time.

Kent Cassandra

Yes, Diarra is a very good player and with a bit of luck could make the difference.

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

jms

As soon as I saw Diarra on the team list up I started to really 'believe' again. This guy is probably the most classy footballer on our books. We've missed him big time. If he can stay fit he could be the main reason we survive. Such a professional.

millsy

Agreed. Cool head and never caught in possession. Nice, neat passing all day and great challenges for loose balls in the air.

Ball retention has been one of our big problems and with Diarra and Holtby out there, things look much more controlled than of late. Only thing is, why does no one take the ball from Brede, as he comes out from the back? He always looks lost and shouldn't be put in a position where he is panicked into silly lofted balls into their half. This is easy to sort but for some reason we don't do it!

FPT

I've always said "If he can play, he will play." He's that good, he has an aura of calmness, whilst also being very smooth on the football, and has superb tactical awareness.

I mean, this is the guy, that was the glue that held and helped defend whilst players like Sneijder, Robinho, Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Guti and Beckham over a few years.

If we stay up, he has to stay. He holds bags of experience, but also is calm on the football, something we've not had in midfield all season. In fact, the only player up there with him, in terms of passing ability, is another old fella in Giorgos Karagounis.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Notice how Brede starts to improve with a bit of protection in front of him........co incident? I think not!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

fulhamben

the thing I love about diarra, is he always looking to go or  get the ball forwards. he only ever goes backwards if he positively has too. unlike some other players we have, ahem yes that's Parker and sidwell, with there one twelves they like to do in the center circle when we are losing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC-DownUnder

He was always there to help out the back 4 whenever needed, this is exactly what we've been craving. He never goes too far forward either! I like Kara, don't get me wrong, but sometimes he gets a bit too excited and then he's chasing the game.

Another player who is being used in a very effective way is Dejagah. I don't think he should start but the minute he comes on and the game opens up, whenever he has the ball I feel like something will happen. He has a very similar playing style to Robben, obviously not the same talent but similar!

fulhamben

Quote from: FulhamIOW on April 06, 2014, 01:37:31 PM
He was always there to help out the back 4 whenever needed, this is exactly what we've been craving. He never goes too far forward either! I like Kara, don't get me wrong, but sometimes he gets a bit too excited and then he's chasing the game.

Another player who is being used in a very effective way is Dejagah. I don't think he should start but the minute he comes on and the game opens up, whenever he has the ball I feel like something will happen. He has a very similar playing style to Robben, obviously not the same talent but similar!
another player that I love. he can run and kick a ball at the same time which very few of our players seem to have the ability to do. nothing gets you going better than a player taking someone on
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Marvelous to see him back. He may have no speed, he may have egg-shell knees, his age may be given in dog years but it is great to watch a proper football brain in action. Right time, right place, right pass.
Looks like the kind of player who, if he were younger and undamaged, Real Madrid might pay £25million for. Oh...yes...that's right - they did.

Jack Fulham

Finds space in midfield where he shouldn't.

WhiteJC

Danny Murphy's replacement, at last!  049:gif

tonynorton

We are lucky to have him back. Pure quality! !

leonffc

Said in another thread that he was my MOM. I can see other peoples point if view but I loved him yesterday

HatterDon

by definition, an "unsung hero" is someone who nobody gives the proper amount of credit to. This is just one of a half-dozen threads on here in the last 36 hours stacking tons of praise on Diarra's performance, his attitude, his leadership, and even his abs.

That's not "unsung;" that's sung loud enough to shatter every front window in Hemel Hempstead.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 06, 2014, 02:57:35 PM
Danny Murphy's replacement, at last!  049:gif

If anyone in our current squad, it's him.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deanothefulhamfan

I was really impressed with Diarra, but as I said in another thread my unsung hero was David Stockdale, and my motm...

Such a better option than steklenberg, and warrants his place in the team. He kept us in the game again yesterday at crucial times.

If Diarra stays fit for 2 of the big home games we have a great chance of staying up.

RaySmith

It's great that he's back - a real, calming influence, and true class.