https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

USA vs England score prediction

Started by Tom, June 02, 2010, 09:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

I agree. But I will predict a 2-1 USA win just to be contrary.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SHADY1

I'll go 2-1 England but maybe after USA go 1-0 up scored by Clint.
The discusion came up the other day & I am in the same camp as many. If USA won i'd be happier for Clint.... than any player in an England shirt should England win.
However i'm English and want to see England progress as far as possible but should they get knocked out early i'll be laughing as loud as anyone... especially if the Chelsea boys are crying again.

CLUB ahead of COUNTRY every day of the week.
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

os5889

0-2 to USA, bad vibes time, after all Terry will be there

Tom

Quote from: os5889 on June 02, 2010, 10:08:16 AM
0-2 to USA, bad vibes time, after all Terry will be there
All I have to say is I love your avatar os5889!  :004:
Fulham for life!

BestOfBrede

FC Silver Fox

Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: SHADY1 on June 02, 2010, 09:58:38 AM
I'll go 2-1 England but maybe after USA go 1-0 up scored by Clint.
The discusion came up the other day & I am in the same camp as many. If USA won i'd be happier for Clint.... than any player in an England shirt should England win.
However i'm English and want to see England progress as far as possible but should they get knocked out early i'll be laughing as loud as anyone... especially if the the dark side boys are crying again.

CLUB ahead of COUNTRY every day of the week.

Is it me?  There seems something 'wrong' about being happier for an opponent who has scored against your country, than being happy for a member of your country's team scoring.

as for laughing as loud as your opponents, if your country's team are knocked out - words escape me...

HatterDon

with the sorry state of each country's central defense, I think 3-2 or 3-3 is more likely.

I think a draw is likely, but if one team actually wins, it'll be England.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whiteroom

I would like to see a 3-2 win with two goals from Clint. I am finding it hard to muster the same sort of enthusiasm for England that I have for Fulham. Where am I going wrong?

Crede15

2-0 England, I'd like to be optimistic but its just not a good matchup. Against some more skilled teams than us we can impose a physical advantage but we don't have a skill or physical advantage here. I thought that immediately when the draw came out and then when Roy said the same thing I was even more convinced.

And that was when I had some confidence in our defending.

But I still think we can get out of the group.

RidgeRider

It's an interesting predicament. I watch WAY more PL than USMNT so I know, well maybe I should write I am more 'familiar with' cause I actually don't really know any of them, the English players than I am the players of my own country, exception Clint Dempsey and perhaps Howard.

I have to agree though that the England squad is made up of players, frankly, who I don't have any fondness for as none of them play for Fulham or they have personal attributes I find difficult to like....not all of them mind you, just a few.

I think if England are playing well they should be able to dispatch us easily but the US is tricky and can put together very good matches at times which could make this an interesting and fun to watch match.

I am going to go against my countrymen and say England 2-1, but it could just easily be 3-2 as Hatter points out.

CorkedHat

USA 1-0
Shades of the 1950 World Cup
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

PaulUMD

I'm guessing a 2-2 draw, with the US getting up early and England eventually getting their poo together and grabbing a point.  Though I would love a US win, because I think your whole damn island would implode and sink into the ocean should those silly Yanks beat you at your game.  The reaction would be priceless.

finnster01

1-0 England.

You have a goal keeper and no defense.

We have no goal keeper but a defense.

Rooney for a moment of brilliance. You read it here first.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

Would love to see US win but draw is a decent bet. Agree with hatter, both central defences look a bit dodgy. Hope terry has a mare!

flynny

1-1 England always start badly against the poorer nations will do better against algeria.

ImperialWhite

On paper we should win;

so on paper > 3-1
but my heart says England will slip up> 0-1.