News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where will Victor Moses be at 5pm tomorrow evening?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, January 31, 2010, 12:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

Any guesses where he will end up? Whoever guesses the right club will win a hug from Billy the Badger.

I'm going for Newcastle

FatFreddysCat

Brede Butter Pudding

I'm not convinced by that. The article suggested that he could end up there, not that he as signed - may just be a ploy by Palace to galvanize other clubs. Having said that, I'm probably wrong and he is signing for them. All the same, I'm sticking with Newcastle

FatFreddysCat

Just been on SSN that he's having a medical at Wigan now. Wouldn't mind a cheeky counter bid of about £3 million from Fulham.

Brede Butter Pudding

Do you mean SSN on the telly or the website? Because it hasn't come up online yet...

Brede Butter Pudding

That's a shame, would have loved him to come here. However, I have a lot of friends who support championship teams and from what i have heard he is massively over rated. He's just raw pace and a decent left foot. Could be another Jason Scotland possibly

PokerMatt

So if these players are available at a decent price - Tuncay, Moses, N'Zogbia last year - why on earth do they go to flippin' Wigan and Stoke? Why do we not go for players who will give us something we don't have? Someone needs to tell the club that the transfer window isn't just for looking out of
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

just been on BBC radio 5 live Moses signed for wigan-done and dusted

Brede Butter Pudding

Signed by Wigan

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5904824,00.html

Wigan have signed highly-rated forward Victor Moses from Crystal Palace, according to the player's agent.

Moses' agent Tony Finnegan, has confirmed to Sky Sports News that the player has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at Wigan after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

Wigan are believed to have paid a fee of £2.5million to win the race for Nigerian-born Moses.
Palace boss Neil Warnock revealed after Saturday's win over Peterborough that Moses was on the verge of a move to the Premier League with Wigan entering the race for his signature.

The likes of Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, and West Brom had all made bids for Moses, but Wigan boss Roberto Martinez has managed to persuade him to make the move to the DW Stadium.

The move could help ease Palace's financial problems after the Championship outfit went into administration last week.

RidgeRider

Ok, no Victor Moses, moving on....who will it be? Gedo?

Brede Butter Pudding

Hopefully not Gedo - He's performed well in Angola but has a terrible game to goals ratio in Egypt - in goal every 4 games isn't going to help us. 11 goals in 44 starts

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 31, 2010, 01:45:30 PM
So if these players are available at a decent price - Tuncay, Moses, N'Zogbia last year - why on earth do they go to flippin' Wigan and Stoke? Why do we not go for players who will give us something we don't have? Someone needs to tell the club that the transfer window isn't just for looking out of

Hahaha, good post Matt. I feel the same way you do, if proven premiership players like N'Zogbia are available, why are we not at least interested?
The Dude abides.

Lighthouse

Isn't Egypt playing today in the final. So we can see what Gedo is like. But he will too tired to play anyway for us until it is too late. I must admit with the little I have watched of him he isn't the great answer.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LRCN

err, n'zogbia cost a fair few million plus ryan taylor and let's be honest, tuncay's hardly set the world alight at stoke has he. let's see what happens with moses, I would have liked him but there must be a reason why moses only had offers from wigan forest and newcastle.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lork on January 31, 2010, 03:06:48 PM
err, n'zogbia cost a fair few million plus ryan taylor and let's be honest, tuncay's hardly set the world alight at stoke has he. let's see what happens with moses, I would have liked him but there must be a reason why moses only had offers from wigan forest and newcastle.

Agreed, if he is 'all that' a better club would have picked him up for the future, sort of like Smalling I would think. Wigan are a sinking stone. You think our form has been bad, go look at Wigan over the last 12 matches or so. Terrible.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Lork on January 31, 2010, 03:06:48 PM

Tevez wouldn't set the world alight at a club like Stoke, let's face it. Tuncay is a class act, why have one player to finish and one to create when you can have one player who does both? I only think Nzog was a couple of million plus Taylor - he wasn't happy so Newcastle could't demand much. But I suppose after AJ it was wise not to splash out.

For Moses, I suppose Villa would have had an interest if we had potential, but £2.5m is worth finding out, surely?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

LBNo11

...I reckon Moses must be a basket case to want to go to Wigan.. ;)
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

cebu

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 31, 2010, 03:37:22 PM
...I reckon Moses must be a basket case to want to go to Wigan.. ;)

Well LB, if he can cut it there, a bigger club (no, not Hull) would make a move for him fairly quickly, so it's a chance for him to advertise his wares.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC