watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There is life beyond the Premier League

Started by MJG, April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMatt

This has turned into another "I'm a real fan", "NO, I AM" debate then.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Jimpav

Quote from: Baszab on April 26, 2014, 09:58:44 PM
ER......well we do actually------------ otherwise the crowds drop to the hardcore 12,000 fan base - we get no "tourist" supporters in the Championship - so we lose 12,000 x 23 x £30 (average seat price) = £8.28m down the toilet before we start

Well we can afford to spunk 12 million on a heap of rubbish and pay Darren Bents wages then I think we can afford to lose £8 million worth of bored sheep until we get back up in the PL

epsomraver

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 26, 2014, 09:53:27 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on April 26, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
At least we will get rid of the so called fans in their dozens  who at 2-2 with 5 minutes to in a relegation battle get up and go!! well keep walking because you are not wanted

You only stayed because your 'ride' didn't leave.  Don't criticize others who want to avoid the Putney Bridge rush!

Not avoiding the rush, just like you running home to check first if the zits on your face the girls in front of you on the bus laughed at  are really that bad and second to come on here as the resident tosser.

Baszab

good point !! - Bent is only costing us £40k a week - that's £10k per missed clear chance today - not so bad

epsomraver

ER......well we do actually------------ otherwise the crowds drop to the hardcore 12,000 fan base - we get no "tourist" supporters in the Championship - so we lose 12,000 x 23 x £30 (average seat price) = £8.28m down the toilet before we start (excluding away fans)

You really think we are going to get tourists in the championship? How can anybody at this stage of the season at that stage of the game who really supports Fulham get up and leave,? not just a few, streams of them.

Jimpav

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 26, 2014, 10:00:51 PM

I hope not. I only attended a few matches this season so probably shouldn't throw stones in a glass house. However, there was a distinct feeling today that sections of our support had thrown in the towel when Hull equalised.

MJG

Bent is 40k a week for about 30 weeks and £2m fee for season. Well worth it...thanks Jol

Tonywa

Quote from: Jimpav on April 26, 2014, 09:52:06 PM
Bigger and better clubs have tumbled down the divisions and some have sprung back up again. We will be back and hopefully lessons will be learnt.

The club is financially stable, we have a much bigger fan base than when we came up to the PL, a promising youth side and a great manager. We are much better equipped to deal with relegation than had we of gone down under Sanchez or Coleman.

This might not be the end but rather a new beginning.

COYW

Let's hope so.  But in terms of the fan base , I rather fear that the new supporters who have only started coming since we began our climb up the league are only used to supporting a team in the top division and will soon disappear.  When I used to moan about the number of glory hunters and hangers-on who have attached themselves to the club in the last few years, wise old Derry Quigley (RIP) used to say 'they are the ones the club needs because the long-established supporters like you will come anyway'.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Jimpav on April 26, 2014, 10:05:38 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on April 26, 2014, 10:00:51 PM

I hope not. I only attended a few matches this season so probably shouldn't throw stones in a glass house. However, there was a distinct feeling today that sections of our support had thrown in the towel when Hull equalised.

I agree people shouldn't have left in what was an important five minutes of our season, but I don't agree that it should be an excuse to bring out the 1957 programme collection for all to see.

My comment wasn't necessarily aimed at you, either, just to confirm.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: epsomraver on April 26, 2014, 10:05:16 PM
ER......well we do actually------------ otherwise the crowds drop to the hardcore 12,000 fan base - we get no "tourist" supporters in the Championship - so we lose 12,000 x 23 x £30 (average seat price) = £8.28m down the toilet before we start (excluding away fans)

You really think we are going to get tourists in the championship? How can anybody at this stage of the season at that stage of the game who really supports Fulham get up and leave,? not just a few, streams of them.

Sure its disappointing to see but why do you get so emotional over it? Its not you leaving, its them, and to be fair nothing did happen or would have happened even if they had stayed. And no, I stayed until the end.

Baszab

Let's hope so.  But in terms of the fan base , I rather fear that the new supporters who have only started coming since we began our climb up the league are only used to supporting a team in the top division and will soon disappear.  When I used to moan about the number of glory hunters and hangers-on who have attached themselves to the club in the last few years, wise old Derry Quigley (RIP) used to say 'they are the ones the club needs because the long-established supporters like you will come anyway'.

Hear Hear - look at the maths above

Tonywa

Quote from: Baszab on April 26, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

Hear Hear - look at the maths above

Let's hope we do have at least a 12,000 base.  It's only a decade and a half ago when we were struggling to get gates of over 3,000. Of course, as you say, the financial implications are huge. I also hope that our wonderful young players don't decide that they do not want to be with a side playing outside the top level.  We want to be a Southampton not a Crewe.

Pluto

MJG you constantly rant about this board on Twitter and how ridiculous our opinions apparently are, and then you go and post another troll thread designed to inflame things. It begs the question; why do you bother coming here?

epsomraver

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 26, 2014, 10:11:14 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on April 26, 2014, 10:05:16 PM

Sure its disappointing to see but why do you get so emotional over it? Its not you leaving, its them, and to be fair nothing did happen or would have happened even if they had stayed. And no, I stayed until the end.

Tell you why because while they are shuffling out they get in the way of fans trying to watch our last ditch efforts at an equaliser,also shows they have no commitment to the team at all,  nothing happened? did you know that at 85 minutes?

MJG

Quote from: Pluto on April 26, 2014, 10:26:13 PM
MJG you constantly rant about this board on Twitter and how ridiculous our opinions apparently are, and then you go and post another troll thread designed to inflame things. It begs the question; why do you bother coming here?
hardly constantly. Mentioned it today because of the Riverside thread.
As for saying another troll thread tell me where I have started one before?
I have been on here for quite a while and have nothing to hide. I say it it as I see it.

domprague

065.gif
Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM
Just a quick message to those crying about going down.
There is another division below this one. It starts on August 9th.
If your not up for it your welcome to go elsewhere
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

HatterDon

So, in March, if you think that we might go down, then you need to go support someone else
In April, if you think we are going down, we must be incredibly happy about the prospect of relegation. If not, if you're so sad that you want to cry, then you need to go support someone else.

You guys make no sense whatsoever.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe MJG was at the recent supporters meetings - this suggests more that he is passionate and frustrated rather than a troll.

Macedo

What a ridiculous statement, who are you to judge and say who goes
to the Cottage..

Neil D

All relegations end by devouring their own children.