https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There is life beyond the Premier League

Started by MJG, April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: Macedo on April 27, 2014, 09:12:09 AM
Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM
Just a quick message to those crying about going down.
There is another division below this one. It starts on August 9th.
If your not up for it your welcome to go elsewhere

What a ridiculous statement, who are you to judge and say who goes
to the Cottage..
read my later post and your understand

domprague

Well said. I couldn't get over that yesterday. They can't all have been Hull fans.

[/quote]
At least we will get rid of the so called fans in their dozens  who at 2-2 with 5 minutes to in a relegation battle get up and go!! well keep walking because you are not wanted
[/quote]
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

BedsFFC

The club gave a large amount of tickets to grass roots clubs yesterday. I know because I'm chairman of a club and we had kids and parents there. I'm guessing a few of these left early to avoid the rush. To say "we don't want this sort here" is hugely short sighted. Most of the kids being bought there with this initiative will be visiting the Cottage for the first time. In 76 I begged my mum to take me to the cottage as my cousin had broken into the team. Having spent my early years at the bridge, I fell in love with the place and 38 years later (I just worked that out and got very scared). Anything that brings potential new fans into our lovely home is a good thing by me.

I think many might be surprised by how many of our "tourist" fans actually stick by us

Shredhead

Be Stoic about it.
Read Oliver Burkeman's brilliant book 'The Antidote' about the 'negative' path to happiness.
In a nutshell - things could be a lot worse; enjoy the moment; really really try hard to think about what relegation might be like and it won't then be so bad if it happens.

My view is:
- I'm still enjoying being in the Premiership until we're not;
- the Club, Cottage, Bishop's Park (and playground therein for my daughter), the Bricklayers (my playground) and the other fans I meet in those places will still be there next season;
- my daughter's and my STs will be even better value.

In the end - as someone else has written on this forum -

I support Fulham, not the Premier League
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

RaySmith

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM
Just a quick message to those crying about going down.
There is another division below this one. It starts on August 9th.
If your not up for it your welcome to go elsewhere

I find this very patronising and an insult to the  many fans on here, like myself, who have followed us from the top flight to the bottom division and back again- but also to to all our fans, long term or not.

Yes, I am 'crying' about possible relegation because I'm not someone who just passively gives in without a fight, and because I know what the consequences of relegation can be.

Sure, we will lose fans if we go down, but that's life - many only want to watch top flight games - so what.

A hard core will stay supporting the club and going to games if they can, as they have always done. If we challenge fro promotion in the Championship we will get a good crowd, and if not the crowds will gradually get smaller.