watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There is life beyond the Premier League

Started by MJG, April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Just a quick message to those crying about going down.
There is another division below this one. It starts on August 9th.
If your not up for it your welcome to go elsewhere

YankeeJim

Your kindness & warmth are commendable. Please tell me where I can watch the Championship.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

PokerMatt

Wow. That must be a relief for everyone concerned about going down. Thanks for that.

Hopefully that gets rid of everyone who's stupidly not embracing relegation with open arms!!

/sarcasm.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

God The Mechanic

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 26, 2014, 09:19:23 PM
Your kindness & warmth are commendable. Please tell me where I can watch the Championship.

The Cottage :'(

MJG

No ones embracing it and we still have a chance. Just pissed off with the constant comments about its the end if we go down. Its not, yes for our overseas friends it will be difficult to follow but to those based here its just another division. If being in the Prem is the be all and end all then they need to realise it's not.

YankeeJim

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 26, 2014, 09:25:16 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on April 26, 2014, 09:19:23 PM

The Cottage :'(

Your kindness & warmth are commendable.

PokerMatt

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:26:14 PM
No ones embracing it and we still have a chance. Just pissed off with the constant comments about its the end if we go down. Its not, yes for our overseas friends it will be difficult to follow but to those based here its just another division. If being in the Prem is the be all and end all then they need to realise it's not.

Fair enough. I'm not sure anyone thinks it is, though. At least I haven't come across anyone claiming only the PL matters. That won't stop it being awful if we do go down though.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

St Eve

Well it took us almost 40 years last time to get into the top flight so yes for me it is disaster

bigalffc

I have been there thanks and would prefer to stay put - what is the point of your post?
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

MJG

Answered that already

YankeeJim

I do understand the bitterness and I'm sure the Cottage won't be sold out every match next season but in the ende, we need 37 points and we can, can still get there. Will is another matter.  082.gif

Baszab

We may buy players- assuming Khan doesn't walk away from his investment with a US$50m haircut - which quite honestly would be a sensible thing to do given the(non)management team around him.

We will lose £30m in revenue and need to invest in new players as well - that's another £50m cash call  - can't see that happening after the Mitroglou waste of £12m

Never mind - those who have stupidly bleated on here about how refreshing it will be in the Championship gonna get a rude awakening - it's a bloody shambles coming home to roost on the directors after this "dead cat bounce" revival

Just fed up for the genuine supporters (like me) and my devastated kids --- and yes I have had a season ticket since 1965

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM

At least we will get rid of the so called fans in their dozens  who at 2-2 with 5 minutes to in a relegation battle get up and go!! well keep walking because you are not wanted

epsomraver

Quote from: Baszab on April 26, 2014, 09:45:10 PM
We may buy players- assuming Khan doesn't walk away from his investment with a US$50m haircut - which quite honestly would be a sensible thing to do given the(non)management team around him.

We will lose £30m in revenue and need to invest in new players as well - that's another £50m cash call  - can't see that happening after the Mitroglou waste of £12m

Never mind - those who have stupidly bleated on here about how refreshing it will be in the Championship gonna get a rude awakening - it's a bloody shambles coming home to roost on the directors after this "dead cat bounce" revival

Just fed up for the genuine supporters (like me) and my devastated kids --- and yes I have had a season ticket since 1965

Why do we need to invest in new players, get rid of most of the overpaid has beens and bring up the youngsters, we have plenty who can hack it in the Championship

Jimpav

Bigger and better clubs have tumbled down the divisions and some have sprung back up again. We will be back and hopefully lessons will be learnt.

The club is financially stable, we have a much bigger fan base than when we came up to the PL, a promising youth side and a great manager. We are much better equipped to deal with relegation than had we of gone down under Sanchez or Coleman.

This might not be the end but rather a new beginning.

COYW

Nick Bateman

Quote from: epsomraver on April 26, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
At least we will get rid of the so called fans in their dozens  who at 2-2 with 5 minutes to in a relegation battle get up and go!! well keep walking because you are not wanted

You only stayed because your 'ride' didn't leave.  Don't criticize others who want to avoid the Putney Bridge rush!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Berserker

Well seeing my spare season ticket seat will be about £17 a match I think more people will come with me next season.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jimpav

Quote from: epsomraver on April 26, 2014, 09:48:41 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 09:14:45 PM

At least we will get rid of the so called fans in their dozens  who at 2-2 with 5 minutes to in a relegation battle get up and go!! well keep walking because you are not wanted

Damn right. We don't need support like that.

Baszab

ER......well we do actually------------ otherwise the crowds drop to the hardcore 12,000 fan base - we get no "tourist" supporters in the Championship - so we lose 12,000 x 23 x £30 (average seat price) = £8.28m down the toilet before we start (excluding away fans)

Wingnut

I am as disappointed as anyone about our pending relegation but whilst I recognise that the Championship is a tough division, I see absolutely no reason why we can't and won't gain promotion back to the Premier League next season or the season after. Clear the deadwood out of our squad, bring in some top class Championship level players and we will be a serious force in the division.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.