watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ali Mac.... Has to go

Started by paddyuksw6, April 26, 2014, 11:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyuksw6

I can't stand the attitude of judge jury and executioner Ali Mac.

Surely if there is any casualty in the summer it is him. I cannot understand for the life of me any decision he had made this year apart from Jol's sacking.

Who is with me?

MJG

Trouble is we don't know his attitude because when was the last time he spoke to the fans?

WayneKerrins

If we go down he'll be fired. Expect it within a day or so of the seasons end. It's the American way and in this case the right decision.

paddyuksw6

He's made the worst signing of the season for sure.

I can't understand the timing of sacking René. Can someone please explain

paddyuksw6

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
Trouble is we don't know his attitude because when was the last time he spoke to the fans?

I think that portrays his attitude

simplyfulham

This is also the same guy who has set up the wonderful academy that we have.

He's brought in a lot of very good peoe to help run this club. I would certainly not wish him out as quickly as you have called for.

AlexH

I think whoever was responsible for signing Mitroglou should be called for questioning. Shane Long was available for less money and would have scored the goals we needed - instead he denied us a win today.

I think had the poor run under Jol last season happened any other time apart from the last few months then he would have been fired. We've just made a mess of the managerial role - Jol lasted too long, Meulensteen should have either been backed to the end of the season or not been appointed at all or we should have identified Magath much earlier.

All ifs-and-buts and it's great with hindsight but in the grand scheme of things we've got everything wrong this season.

whitesdownunder

Good, put him in charge of the Academy and give him the clout to move forward with that but not run the whole place!!

To leave us with the squad we had for the beginning of this year is unforgivable, understand he wasn't given any money as Mo was preparing for the sale but jeez people on this forum have identified the shortcomings of the squad for the last two years.

Don't get me started on the other Greek...

paddyuksw6

I think that is a fair point about the academy and that was a point I hadn't thought about, I do think it would be good however if in the pre season if the club had a Q&A between some fans. i'm not proposing I should be involved but I think the it would be good to perhaps consult the fans so they have some kind of council if you know what i mean, as opposed to isolating them as i'm sure most of us have felt this season.

I would definitely back some form of fans "union" or a council that I think the board, manager and captain should meet every few months etc.

I think this is a good idea regardless of out position next year, would anyone be against this?

I'd like your thoughts here.

Lighthouse

Odd that people are blamed and congratulated for doing things we have no idea if they had much say in doing. All I know is that since Mark Hughes left as manager we have been an embarrassing mess.

Somebody must takee responsibility. He is the one constant.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pluto

The most important thing we need to do in the summer is get rid of this guy

paddyuksw6

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 27, 2014, 01:37:33 AM
Odd that people are blamed and congratulated for doing things we have no idea if they had much say in doing. All I know is that since Mark Hughes left as manager we have been an embarrassing mess.

Somebody must takee responsibility. He is the one constant.

maybe if the club were more transparent with who is making decisions it would be easier for us fans to see whats going on at the club

MJG

Quote from: Pluto on April 27, 2014, 02:22:03 AM
The most important thing we need to do in the summer is get rid of this guy
couldn't be further from the what's required in the summer.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: paddyuksw6 on April 26, 2014, 11:34:18 PM
I can't stand the attitude of judge jury and executioner Ali Mac.

Surely if there is any casualty in the summer it is him. I cannot understand for the life of me any decision he had made this year apart from Jol's sacking.

Who is with me?
Surely you are acting as judge, jury and executioner with that post!

None of us really know what goes on behind the scenes or what the medical team told the club about Mitroglu. That's not to say he shouldn't be held accountable but it seems obvious MAF was tightening the purse strings over the last couple of years and Shad came in and said he was sticking to the MAF spending plan (I still have my doubts about Shads motives but that is for a different thread), so it may not be all Ali Macs fault. 
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

MrProphet

Alot of it is speculation but if your the man at the top and your organisation fails miserabley you should be held accountable

The one thing I do hold him 100% accountable for is how long we kept jol

Forever Fulham

FFCAli

Khan knows nothing about football or the premier league therefore he must have been taking advice from someone who knows both.  I assume much of the advice concerning Fulham specifically came from Ali Mac.  I don't think that if AM had pointed out the failings we had all seen in the 2nd half of last season Khan would have waited so long to take (authorise?) action.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I would say he has to go for not addressing the CM situation for 3 years. However, we'll never know who is to blame for the managerial carousel this year. Maybe he wanted Magath back in November, but was overruled by ownership to give Rene a chance.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Quote from: FFCAli on April 27, 2014, 03:25:40 PM
Khan knows nothing about football or the premier league therefore he must have been taking advice from someone who knows both.  I assume much of the advice concerning Fulham specifically came from Ali Mac.  I don't think that if AM had pointed out the failings we had all seen in the 2nd half of last season Khan would have waited so long to take (authorise?) action.

I tend to agree with this.

grandad

The buck stops with him. Khan will not keep faith in failures. AM is CEO & has failed to do the job I expect he gets well paid to do. If he stays his only duties should be buying Sarah some new chickens & doing a better job defending them than our defence has done all season on the pitch.
Where there's a will there's a wife