Main Menu

37 Points

Started by Macedo, April 27, 2014, 09:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macedo

We all said weeks ago that 37 was the target, even after throwing
it away yesterday it would just be like Fulham to go and get a result
against Stoke..
Their seasons over their 4 home wins on trot ended by Spurs yesterday.
Things happen in trends so it not beyond us  to go and win there.
Then we get the final shindig with Palace.
I suppose you think im crasy and yes I will go see the doc in the
Morning..COYW.
049:gif

Neil D

Quote from: Macedo on April 27, 2014, 09:00:51 AM
Let's have a hoedown while we're about it.  But, as you say, we could win at Stoke.

Artful Dodger

Chances are 37 points will keep us up, so we have to keep hoping and sticking together. It was the only thought keeping me going at 3am this morning when I woke up in a cold sweat reliving the last 15 minutes of yesterdays game!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

TheManOnTheBus

I'm with you
Fat lady drawing breath, but not sung yet

TheManOnTheBus

I keep reliving the save from Dejagah (after great rodders ball) and Bent follow up ( only just wide )
Sleepless night here too

Fulham1959

There are two canonizations in Rome today, on account of (among other things, no doubt) the posthumous recipients having each performed a miracle.

If we stay up, then I think there will be a 3rd candidate.

MJG

Not quite ALL have been saying 37. I have consistently said 38 will be needed. That's now not possible for us, so only hope is we win both and Sunderland fail to reach 37.

Brede Butter Pudding

Stoke's captain Shawcross was sent off yesterday too so won't face us... Clutching at straws a bit I know, but every little helps.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: MJG on April 27, 2014, 09:53:55 AM
Not quite ALL have been saying 37. I have consistently said 38 will be needed. That's now not possible for us, so only hope is we win both and Sunderland fail to reach 37.

I agree.  Relying on 37points is not enough.  We needed 39points.

nose

once sunderland got four points 39 was the requirement. 37 is going to be tricky.... i actually think, looking at the fixtures a cardiff win may just suit us best today, but it will be what it will be and we are going to need a mighty bit of luck PLUS winning two games...... amor!!! what a stupid bit of defending!

Macedo

Villa and Norwich cant buy a win.
They easily drop into bottom 3.
Sunderland will stay up.

MJG

Quote from: nose on April 27, 2014, 10:05:29 AM

once sunderland got four points 39 was the requirement. 37 is going to be tricky.... i actually think, looking at the fixtures a cardiff win may just suit us best today, but it will be what it will be and we are going to need a mighty bit of luck PLUS winning two games...... amor!!! what a stupid bit of defending!
agree Cardiff win might be best for us today.

shnlwswlkr

This is written in the stars for us, go to Stoke, get an away win against Mark Hughes with Mitroglou being our hero coming back with two games to go scoring screamers for fun!!!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

sumofallparts

I won't be able to watch / listen to the Stoke game. I suspect i will go out on my bike and do battle with Leith Hill (again). It is similar to a horror film on TV as a child whilst your parents are out - half watching behind a cushion.
It would have to be Hughes and Stoke wouldn't it. Mr Ambitious and his merry band of thugs.
Lose that and we have a final game at home (for which I have tickets) which will be awkward to say the least.
It is times like this, I wish I didn't love this bloody game and our team !

JIMMY D

It would be hard being at the cottage on the final day if we lose to stoke.

guido

37 points will not be enough. my prediction is wba 39, villa and sunderland 38... i think norwich, cardiff and we are going down...

sumofallparts

Off topic, but Jimmy, you realise that was post '666' ...............

Macedo

Whats going to be harder if we lose to Stoke, will be the mass of
Palace fans in the Putney end chanting They Will Never Play Us Again.

Cravenawin

Think 37 will be enough. People on here reckon just because Sunderland got 4 pts against City and Chelscum, they will steamroller Cardiff, West Brom and Swansea. Doesn't work like that. Those games against the big boys were games where they didn't expect anything so could play without any fear. Now, the pressure is really on. They've only won two games all season at the SOL, so to expect them to win three on the bounce is a massive ask. I honestly think they'll get five points in their final four games. Even 35 could be enough, if Sunderland v Cardiff ends in a draw today.

Admin

Quote from: Macedo on April 27, 2014, 09:00:51 AM
We all said weeks ago that 37 was the target, even after throwing
it away yesterday it would just be like Fulham to go and get a result
against Stoke..
Their seasons over their 4 home wins on trot ended by Spurs yesterday.
Things happen in trends so it not beyond us  to go and win there.
I suppose you think im crasy and yes I will go see the doc in the
Morning..COYW.
049:gif

We're not good enough to go to Stoke and get 3 pts, that I can assure of.