Author Topic: Question about the US National team  (Read 1319 times)

Offline AmericanJames

• Graham Leggat
Question about the US National team
« on: June 05, 2010, 08:23:39 AM »
Does anybody know why we are playing less games in the run up to the World Cup this time around than we did in 06?
In 06 we played 10 games between January and the Czech game, this year we are only playing 6. Also do you think this will help or hurt our chances?

Offline HatterDon

• Moritz Volz
  • just like that
Re: Question about the US National team
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:47 PM »
we played a lot of matches to acclimatize ourselves to Europe -- i.e. to learn how to play on that continent without both hands gripping our throats. There isn't really any country in Africa much like South Africa, and we have learned that we can win there. Ask Italy. Ask Spain.

Offline Tom

• cebu
  • WTF
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
Does anybody know why we are playing less games in the run up to the World Cup this time around than we did in 06?
In 06 we played 10 games between January and the Czech game, this year we are only playing 6. Also do you think this will help or hurt our chances?
I can tell you one thing, we have played better quality teams this time around. Great 3-1 win over Australia today. Should have been 4-1. Findley got around Mark and missed a wide open goal. Great warm up game before playing England next Saturday. Buddle scored 2 goals with Gomez getting the other.

Offline HatterDon

• Moritz Volz
  • just like that
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 07:26:15 PM »
I can tell you one thing, we have played better quality teams this time around. Great 3-1 win over Australia today. Should have been 4-1. Findley got around Mark and missed a wide open goal. Great warm up game before playing England next Saturday. Buddle scored 2 goals with Gomez getting the other.

Or even 5-1. I didn't see any offsides in Dempsey's cannonball header.

Fair doo's, though. Fantastic Tim Cahill-like goal by Tim Cahill. What a player that little guy is.