watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question about the US National team

Started by AmericanJames, June 05, 2010, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

Does anybody know why we are playing less games in the run up to the World Cup this time around than we did in 06?
In 06 we played 10 games between January and the Czech game, this year we are only playing 6. Also do you think this will help or hurt our chances?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

HatterDon

we played a lot of matches to acclimatize ourselves to Europe -- i.e. to learn how to play on that continent without both hands gripping our throats. There isn't really any country in Africa much like South Africa, and we have learned that we can win there. Ask Italy. Ask Spain.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on June 05, 2010, 08:23:39 AM
Does anybody know why we are playing less games in the run up to the World Cup this time around than we did in 06?
In 06 we played 10 games between January and the Czech game, this year we are only playing 6. Also do you think this will help or hurt our chances?
I can tell you one thing, we have played better quality teams this time around. Great 3-1 win over Australia today. Should have been 4-1. Findley got around Mark and missed a wide open goal. Great warm up game before playing England next Saturday. Buddle scored 2 goals with Gomez getting the other.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on June 05, 2010, 04:27:58 PM
Quote from: AmericanJames on June 05, 2010, 08:23:39 AM
I can tell you one thing, we have played better quality teams this time around. Great 3-1 win over Australia today. Should have been 4-1. Findley got around Mark and missed a wide open goal. Great warm up game before playing England next Saturday. Buddle scored 2 goals with Gomez getting the other.

Or even 5-1. I didn't see any offsides in Dempsey's cannonball header.

Fair doo's, though. Fantastic Tim Cahill-like goal by Tim Cahill. What a player that little guy is.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel