watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Supporting Fulham is heartbreaking

Started by NorfolkJim, April 28, 2014, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorfolkJim

What is it with Fulham? How is it that so many times over the years we've managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? So much "almost", "nearly" and "not quite".
When that second Hull goal went in I felt so nauseous that I honestly thought I was about to vomit. Even Forlans gut wrenching winner for Atletico didn't come close.
This is to say nothing of having to endure the disgusting attentions of the Brentford fans at LIverpool Street who insisted on singing their hatred of Fulham and their joy at our demise. What sad, pathetic, vile little people they are - they will make QPR look like the educated elite next season.
While I still hope that we can somehow avoid the drop, I feel Sunderland deserve to stay up - they've made such a fight of it, even beating Man City and Chelsea. They destroyed Cardiff while Cardiff did the double over us and we can't hang on to a 2 goal lead for 15 minutes.
On the plus side, Norwich will go down so I'll still have my 1 home game next season
On the negative side - with a half empty ground I can see Khan drawing up the plans for Fulham reach mark 2 as we speak.
I would really like to hear some forcefull commitment from Khan saying how we do not need to sell anyone we dont want to and how Felix will be leading the campaign next season come what may. It will be good playing for something rather than being a tourist attraction but I fear for our future.
Supporting Fulham is breaking my heart - I'm not sure it can take it any longer - see you at Stoke!
6am departure, home at half past midnight - thats a long time to brood over it

Plus - I am 50 on May 3 and have laid it down - no parties as I'm off to see my Fulham that day :Happy New Year 2:

Deanothefulhamfan

IF we stay up then you need to have the best 50th party ever... I guess if we lose to stoke this weekend, and are down then you will still be able to enjoy your big day. I think we may draw and Sunderland to draw at home to wba, meaning you will be going to that game with the smallest bit of hope for our survival...

Nice post, I agree about the sentiments wishing for Khan to show his commitment, I think he will stay and pump a lot of money into us next season.

Also I think the Forlan goal was the most upset I have ever been, being in Hamburg and us being so close to lifting a European trophy was something this little club will never experience again. I was so damn proud of the players despite the defeat though.

Baider

Must agree with above, Forlan's goal put me on the brink of tears - I'm sure a little tear actually flowed out that night.

The worst thing is, is that I've seem to become acccustomed to this feeling. I remember being on  the phone to a client on Saturday as I watching the game and watched both their goals go in, I wasnt even surprised, not even angered, I just accepted it, like I knew it was coming. Very strange feeling - almost empty like, as if I'd already given up hope and regardless of the result on Saturday we were down.

Real depressing times to be a Fulham fan right now.

Admin

It's the know factor that drives me mad with Fulham, I've had it for the last 30 years. You just 'know' what's going to happen with us, rather than us just going out there and getting the job done. Don't know if this just goes hand in hand with Fulhamish, or something every club suffers from.

Prime example, wasn't at the game Saturday, went 2-0 up, turn to a friend and said I know exactly whats going to happen here, and it did. No the first time it's happened, won't be the last.   

premFlem

I really hate saying this but the fulhamish thing that will probably happen now is that we beat stoke away then mess up against palace at home....sorry I had to get that off my chest.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: premFlem on April 28, 2014, 02:40:36 PM
I really hate saying this but the fulhamish thing that will probably happen now is that we beat stoke away then mess up against palace at home....sorry I had to get that off my chest.

...God, I didn't even think of this. This is what will probably happen.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

terryr

090.gif

NorfolkJim

Admin

Again, it all comes back to the know factor, we already know it's most likely to happen!

hovewhite

That's what the game does ,makes you feel sad at times.but I always look back at other teams who lost the plot mismanaged of the field and fanz nearly lost there clubs,I.e coventry (no stadium)portsmouth who didn't nearly have a club at all.
At least will still be playing at the cottage no financial problems,I'm gutted with the team this last 12 months bt I BELIEVE we will have a great season  next time.
Coyw

MJG

We win both but still go down on GD and with higher points than in 2008. Now that's Fulhamish

Berserker

Quote from: Admin on April 28, 2014, 01:40:14 PM
It's the know factor that drives me mad with Fulham, I've had it for the last 30 years. You just 'know' what's going to happen with us, rather than us just going out there and getting the job done. Don't know if this just goes hand in hand with Fulhamish, or something every club suffers from.

Prime example, wasn't at the game Saturday, went 2-0 up, turn to a friend and said I know exactly whats going to happen here, and it did. No the first time it's happened, won't be the last. 

I knew as well after our second goal. I sat back down, stayed there quietly not celebrating like others but watching the game intently, I felt tearful that we had a chance of staying up, but knew deep down we had used our subs and would concede, as there was no way  parker et al could last the 90 . Why oh why couldn't we just park the bus
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

alfie

Quote from: Admin on April 28, 2014, 01:40:14 PM

Funny that Admin, when we went 2 up i said to my son whats the betting we throw this away. I guess it's something we have come to live with.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

premFlem

Quote from: MJG on April 28, 2014, 03:58:20 PM
We win both but still go down on GD and with higher points than in 2008. Now that's Fulhamish
Oh yes that would hurt, we must prepare ourselves for the open weeping and possible flagellation that will come against palace or stoke

Tonywa

Quite frankly I felt much more upset at Swansea going down to the bottom division than I do being relegated to the one in which we have spent the vast bulk of our time as a league club.

Tonywa

Quote from: MJG on April 28, 2014, 03:58:20 PM

OMG Yes that would be truly Fulhamish.

crazycottager

Why'd you have to say that? Now I'm terrified. Looks like another night of lost sleep...

premFlem

Quote from: crazycottager on April 28, 2014, 11:46:16 PM
Why'd you have to say that? Now I'm terrified. Looks like another night of lost sleep...
sorry for that, my mind goes back to the  euro semi v hamburg at the
cottage went fully expectng glorious defeat  I left the ground in a state of disbelieving surprise and thinking thats so unfulhamish
I really hope they prove me wrong again.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: NorfolkJim on April 28, 2014, 11:44:50 AM
What is it with Fulham? How is it that so many times over the years we've managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory? So much "almost", "nearly" and "not quite".
When that second Hull goal went in I felt so nauseous that I honestly thought I was about to vomit. Even Forlans gut wrenching winner for Atletico didn't come close.
This is to say nothing of having to endure the disgusting attentions of the Brentford fans at LIverpool Street who insisted on singing their hatred of Fulham and their joy at our demise. What sad, pathetic, vile little people they are - they will make QPR look like the educated elite next season.
While I still hope that we can somehow avoid the drop, I feel Sunderland deserve to stay up - they've made such a fight of it, even beating Man City and Chelsea. They destroyed Cardiff while Cardiff did the double over us and we can't hang on to a 2 goal lead for 15 minutes.
On the plus side, Norwich will go down so I'll still have my 1 home game next season
On the negative side - with a half empty ground I can see Khan drawing up the plans for Fulham reach mark 2 as we speak.
I would really like to hear some forcefull commitment from Khan saying how we do not need to sell anyone we dont want to and how Felix will be leading the campaign next season come what may. It will be good playing for something rather than being a tourist attraction but I fear for our future.
Supporting Fulham is breaking my heart - I'm not sure it can take it any longer - see you at Stoke!
6am departure, home at half past midnight - thats a long time to brood over it

Plus - I am 50 on May 3 and have laid it down - no parties as I'm off to see my Fulham that day :Happy New Year 2:
Lets hope you get a fitting 50th birthday present from the team. Maybe we should Sing happy birthday Jim to you at Stoke.

Lighthouse

It is all very odd. I am in my mid 50s and have had four years of nasty things happening. Yet on Saturday I was dancing on my own, praying to a God I don't believe in that we could hang on. When we didn't I felt so down and depressed and reminded of the last four years.

Bitter and depressed still. Mad to invest so much effort and energy on something I can't change. Yet we will all do it again and again and again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope