watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Must Win Game - Neutral fans

Started by GrahamG, April 28, 2014, 01:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

I've sat in the neutral plenty of times. Saturday was as full of "Fulham" fans in there as I've seen, probably since Hamburg, that's how it looked anyway.
People slag it off but the reality is without it we would never sell a game out, and that sadly is a fact. Putney end holds over 7000, yes, Liverpool,Man Utd,Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs could sell that out but would we want that? Everyone was predicting a bloodbath in there but trouble hardly ever happens, totally agree about Spurs though, they seem to fill the neutral with proper herberts unlike the touristy scarfers most other clubs bring.
Be very interesting to see see what happens for the Palace game, spoke to Villa fan who brings his kids to us for their games with us, he's a member but has loads of Villa mates with booking history who get loads of tickets too. Seeing as we haven't played Crystal Palace for nine years I'm wondering how many of them will be able to have purchased tickets in the neutral?. If we could somehow manage to beat Stoke, you don't want thousands of their muggy but admittedly very noisy "ultras" in there for a must win game.

GrahamG

Interesting to read all the views and there's a part of me that says a neutral area is a nice idea, as well as a financial benefit to the club. Having conceded that, all I can say is that when the 2nd Hull goal went in the very last thing I wanted was to be surrounded (or so it felt) by loads of very happy City fans while I sat there in abject misery! 

Shredhead

Quote from: GrahamG on April 30, 2014, 09:36:04 AM
Interesting to read all the views and there's a part of me that says a neutral area is a nice idea, as well as a financial benefit to the club. Having conceded that, all I can say is that when the 2nd Hull goal went in the very last thing I wanted was to be surrounded (or so it felt) by loads of very happy City fans while I sat there in abject misery! 
Abject misery? Imagine what it was like being near the Filth fans on Monday night when their last (offside) goal went in.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

ScalleysDad

It is strange how mud and reputations stick isn't it? Of all the supporters we have sat with, been surrounded by or met at either Paddington or Waterloo by far the most arrogant and unholy have been the Southampton fans this year trumping by a distance the Cardiff contingent who between them couldn't hold a note. I hope I am proved right again but even the Millwall boys were entertaining and no way threatening. I suppose in the heart of the away section in P6 and P7 there might be an element posing some sort of threat but I have never seen it.
The Hull game has been used as an example but lest we forget we had already jumped up and down twice and chanted we are staying up before it all went horribly wrong. Had we, as a team, been more competitive on the pitch the atmosphere would have undoubtedly been better on a number of occasions. We have even had away fans bored with the dominance their team has had which is okay if you have something else to do like that old chestnut, proportional reputation as a viable political alternative, or, so if your daughter brought Boris home and announced him her special one what would you do?
We do have some older people sat around us and groups of away fans standing in harmony with the away mob at the end can be annoying for them. This is where the stewarding has to be improved. P1 and P2 are Cottage Corner and these groups should be manhandled out so they can stand with their chums. It also means I can rest my feet on the back of the chair and read the paper. 

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 07, 2014, 09:34:03 AM
It also means I can rest my feet on the back of the chair and read the paper. 

A la Berserker
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: TerryR on April 29, 2014, 07:51:12 PM
Quote from: Riversider on April 29, 2014, 05:39:40 PM
A few Fulham fans on here have already indicated that they have bought season tickets in The Putney End next season, sorry but they deserve all the abuse and grief that they are surely going to get next season when the likes of Millwall, Leeds, Brentford, Forest,Birmingham,and Sheff Wednesday come to town !
Thousands of empty seats available in the 3 home stands, no reason for any Fulham fan with half a brain to be in The Putney End next season.
Season ticket holders deserve abuse?
Especially if they have shown support to the team by buying/renewing at this time of uncertainty?
Really?????
:023:

Spot on. On what reasoning is a supporter  committing to watch and support the team in EVERY game deserving of abuse? shows commitment to the cause, without Fulham supporters sitting in the Putney stand we would only have support for the team on just 3 sides of the ground, how ridiculous is that. I've just purchased mine in the Riverside so no axe to grind but am grateful for their support especially after the season we have just endured.