watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

World Cup Bets

Started by Fulham_Adam, June 05, 2010, 02:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham_Adam

Anyone made/making any bets for the tournament?

I haven't yet but fancy an Argentina v Holland final at 33/1 and Van Persie as top goal scorer at 20/1
I can see Uruguay winning their group at 3/1 and feel they might be the surprise package getting to the semis.

Then I will have to have a Fulham related bet- Dempsey to be top Premierleague goalscorer is 40/1. A decent each way bet I think?
The past is told by those who win.

ImperialWhite

Great call for the final! Best of the rest in each side of the tournament.

Also a good call for Uruguay - they only need to beat France (who are looking awful), match Mexico and they've probably done it.

Not sure about Demps - with all due respect I don't think USA will get enough games.

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 05, 2010, 02:41:35 PM

Not sure about Demps - with all due respect I don't think USA will get enough games.

You're probably right and it's likely I'm letting my loyalty to Fulham players get the better of me!  :015:
The past is told by those who win.

ImperialWhite

I was going to suggest the ultimate Fulham loyalty bet, namely that all of Famous Five (Demps, Schwarz, Pantsil, Etuhu and KG) get through to the knockout stages...

Sadly that bet is scuppered by Schwarz and Pantsil being in the same group - you'd have to get good odds on Australia and Ghana getting through ahead of Germany!

flynny

Germany always pull it out of bag germany v argentina final but argentina win it.

ImperialWhite

Germany v Argentina are going to meet in the QFs I'm afraid, assuming they both win their groups.

clintclintdeuce

I like the USA right now +120 against Slovenia. 6/5 for the metric users.

I like the over of 160 goals for the tournament as well.

USA will go to +800 before the kickoff with England and I like that for a tener.

Netherlands to win 10/1 is where Ive got some money at.

I will also place a bet on the USA making the round of 8.
The Dude abides.

ImperialWhite

What is this, "round of 8" nonsense of which you speak!? It's the quarter finals! (apologies, just back from  :beer:)

Anyway, USA in the QFs? - you could be on to a winner with that one; you'll probably face Germany in the ro16, and they look very beatable at the moment, what with their midfield being injured and all.

jarv

I caught quite a bit of the germany game yesterday. They looked very slick. However, watching Italy for a while today (against Switzerland), looked like they didn't know each other.  I got bored and turned it off.