News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How about lee Clark and Danny Murphy as a management team for us?

Started by win-dup, May 04, 2014, 09:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

They wouldn't have let Berbatov  ponce around like he did and Bent would have been returned on the 0530 to Birmingham asap and the other gutless wonders would have had their ears bent big time.

PokerMatt

He might be able to keep us up on goal difference on the last day of the season with a 90th minute equaliser.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Artful Dodger

I'd go for Clark and Murphy any day! Not sure about Felix the Fickle.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

FPT

You do know, you can't just throw two guys together and hope that it works. They have to have sharing philosophy, otherwise it's chaos.

I haven't seen much of Birmingham, but what I have heard is that Lee Clark is very, erm, long ball happy.

If we were going to bring Danny Murphy in, for me, it would have to be under somebody, to learn and to develop off of.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Artful Dodger on May 04, 2014, 09:53:54 PM

Have you seen how successful he's been with Birmingham then?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MJG

IF Magath was to leave I'd like Symons and Murphy as assistant if they can work together.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 04, 2014, 09:58:37 PM

Not many managers have a team that goes 40 games unbeaten as Clark did at Huddersfield Town and twice got them in to the play-offs and was very unlucky not to get them up. Besides, Birmingham is a club in crisis with the chairman in jail in Thailand or somewhere and most of the players out of contract etc so to keep them up is a hell of a job.

alfie

Quote from: Artful Dodger on May 04, 2014, 10:13:40 PM

Not many managers have a team that goes 40 games unbeaten as Clark did at Huddersfield Town and twice got them in to the play-offs and was very unlucky not to get them up. Besides, Birmingham is a club in crisis with the chairman in jail in Thailand or somewhere and most of the players out of contract etc so to keep them up is a hell of a job.

Why Why Why does this aways go around, just because someone has a little success at one club does not mean they will have at another,   Moyes for example, how many names have been banded around that we just must have here at Fulham, seems we all have various opinions, so which one should it be then.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on May 05, 2014, 12:40:26 AM

Why Why Why does this aways go around, just because someone has a little success at one club does not mean they will have at another,   Moyes for example, how many names have been banded around that we just must have here at Fulham, seems we all have various opinions, so which one should it be then.

Not Felix!!!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Artful Dodger

On that logic you would never ever appoint anyone Alfie!! I do think that it is 90% luck when it comes to football management - getting the right combination of managers, tactics and players is not easy but at some point you have to make a choice and hope it is the right one. Personally I am not convinced by Felix's odd selections so far but I await this summers transfer activity with interest and will support him assuming he is with us come August.

grandad

How about a pay per win appointment & then we can go through every manager there is. We might end up with a gem from a non league side.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JBH

You beat me to it! Lee Clark has just nearly taken Birmingham down and idiots want him and media Murphy to come to FFC what are some people on!!!!

sunburywhite

Quote from: JBH on May 05, 2014, 12:33:46 PM

You beat me to it! Lee Clark has just nearly taken Birmingham down and idiots want him and media Murphy to come to FFC what are some people on!!!!

Have you seen what he has had to work with?

A bankrupt side with their money man locked up in jail

Would you like to work for a company where you have no money and no one to run it. Lets see how well you could do your job
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Dark Zat Knight Rises

Would rather see Danny and Lee get a couple of seasons as managers in smaller clubs before I want to see them at Fulham. Big difference between MOTD and real fullnlown manager position

win-dup

You all make valid points though not sure about the Media Murphy one - that didn't make much sense at all.

My point was  that going by their character on the field, they would expect nothing less than what they themselves gave and the one thing we will need in the Championship is battlers - well, that and someone who can score occasionally. 

EJL

Lee Clark is an awful, awful manager. Incredibly stubborn with his tactics, too, which is partly why Birmingham suffered so much this season.

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

domprague

Yes, because Clark's done so well in the Championship this season. Some might say that needed a goal deep into injury time in the last match of the season to stay up over clubs with a fraction of your budget shows that he's crap but I prefer to think of it as giving the fans excitement right to the end of the season.
And Danny Murphy has all that coaching experience to call upon at....where exactly?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Twig

So on that basis you would presumably advocate that we go for a manager who has not enjoyed a run of success????