https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WILL YOU STAY.....

Started by Steven Ageroad, May 07, 2014, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Well said Alfie and I too will be staying

yatewhite

Mrs Yate White here (any views expressed are my own!)

I will be staying and applauding if there is a lap of honour.  There are some players who have been great this season, tried hard, done their best etc (Stockdale, Dejegah for example), they deserve applause. There are some who aren't such good players but have done their (sometimes limited) best and they deserve applause, it's not their fault they aren't good enough or that they were bought by people who don't know what they're doing, at least they tried. There are of course those who have been useless and haven't tried and seem as if they couldn't care less - they know who they are and I think they will know they don't deserve applause and will know it isn't directed at them. I won't deprive those who deserve it, those who obviously love the club as much as I do, just because of the lazy "only in it for the pay cheque" few.

Jack Fulham

Will be going to the game in the hope we will play some youngsters. Surprised they're doing a lap though.

alfie

I really don't think it is a lap of honour, i think it is just a gesture hopefully to thank the fans and for a few to say goodbye
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Southcoastffc

Quote from: westcliff white on May 07, 2014, 02:19:01 PM
I cant make this weekend but my father has my season ticket and is taking my son. But if I were there I would stay and applaud, they are my team and through think and fine or feast and famine i would support them.
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:
049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bigalffc

I think I'll decide once I've seen who is taking part. Some deserve it and some definitely do not. Supported Fulham since '58 and that won't change because of this poor season.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on May 07, 2014, 06:54:32 PM
Well i will stay if not applauding our performances, i am sure there are a few players that wont be around next year, and even in a bad season i would still like to say goodbye, things and gone against us this season not just one thing there are a lot of factors that have contributed to where we are now, and i never ever believe that a player does not try his best on the day, ok so some of them are now past it and it shows, but none of them wanted to be in this position it is not good for their pride or for anyone that is looking to move on, so yes i will remain at the end.

:plus one:

Wingnut

Will be there myself but won't be staying as I have to catch a flight back from Gatwick at 1900.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

K33NY

Quote from: Tonywa on May 07, 2014, 04:34:35 PM
Quote from: K33NY on May 07, 2014, 02:33:21 PM
I will be standing there until the Stadium is allmost empty I believe, never been there before so I want to experience and cherish Craven Cottage for as long as possible! :) god I cant wait for Sunday to come!!

That's great.  Hope you enjoy it and it proves to be the first of many, many visits to our lovely ground.

Yeah and I am flying in from Norway as well :) I actually had many friends who has been there (non Fulham supporters and mostly neutral people) but they all tell me what a great place the Cottage is to be at. Will be traveling with the Norwegian supporter club and I think the Swedish was coming in to. Allso going to Wembley at Saturday to watch the Final of the FA Vase cup :)

Nero

I think a lot of it will depend on the result another thrashing and people will walk get a win and fans will prob allow them a alp

Supermitch

Have I missed something?  Will they really be doing a lap of appreciation?

With the dross we've had for most of the season (with very few exceptions)surely they'll realise most people will be out and there will so few left to watch (unless a lot of youngsters play and put on a good show v the Palace).

Reznor

I don't think they will do a lap. A bit like at the end of the Stoke game there will be a few fans that will want to hurl abuse at some of the players and to be fair there are a few that probably deserve it. I bet the Fulham players will applaud from the center circle for a minute or 2 then sod off to the showers.

K33NY

I hope the fans will be singing I Love You Fulham though we have gone down it certainly would show the club and players that we support them through think and thin! :-)

Fulham58

No way. Difficult to applaud such a crap season, wouldn't mind if we had put a shift in this season but we just haven't. It's all been downhill since we hit 40 points last season. Have still renewed for next year & will continue to support team as have done for last 40 odd years but stay & applaud such a poor season I don't think so. No way are we coming straight back up too much to sort behind the scenes, we need someone with a bit of passion & Championship experience to stabilise the ship. Just hope we are not humiliated on Sunday. Remember Gillingham & Bournemouth having their promotion parties @ Cottage many years ago , can see a similar sort of thing this weekend from Palace & fair play to them. Roll on the summer !!!
One day these will be the good old days

LBNo11

...on Sunday I will sing and chant and applaud, but will go missing in the last 20 minutes or so - as the players did virtually every game this season. Anyway, I will not stay for afters as I have a 265 to catch to Tolworth...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ffc73

Quote from: Fulham58 on May 07, 2014, 11:01:57 PM
No way. Difficult to applaud such a crap season, wouldn't mind if we had put a shift in this season but we just haven't. It's all been downhill since we hit 40 points last season. Have still renewed for next year & will continue to support team as have done for last 40 odd years but stay & applaud such a poor season I don't think so. No way are we coming straight back up too much to sort behind the scenes, we need someone with a bit of passion & Championship experience to stabilise the ship. Just hope we are not humiliated on Sunday. Remember Gillingham & Bournemouth having their promotion parties @ Cottage many years ago , can see a similar sort of thing this weekend from Palace & fair play to them. Roll on the summer !!!

Agreed with the sentiments although I have renewed my season ticket for season no.41 for me.  Back in tier 2 where it all began.

The ghosts of end of season games past.  Gillingham and Bournemouth promotion parties at the Cottage.  I thought I had erased them from my memory....... 

RaySmith

Quote from: K33NY on May 07, 2014, 10:39:11 PM
I hope the fans will be singing I Love You Fulham though we have gone down it certainly would show the club and players that we support them through think and thin! :-)

We were singing that right through the Stoke game, and most clapped the players at the end.

I'm sure many/most will be doing the same at the end of the Palace game.

I remember a similar situation back in the second division. We had to win at Watford to stay up in the penultimate game of the season, and the club laid on coaches and many of us went, and we lost 0-4. I have a strong memory of the last game of the season, at the Cottage when we were already relegated, standing on the Hammy End singing 'loyal supporters' .

Personally, I don't fault any of the Fulham players for effort, and don't see lack of that as the reason for our situation.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to go the Palace game, but if I could I would certainly be staying behind to clap the players. To me that is the Fulham way -but I suppose I'm old fashioned.

Southdowns White

I do think we should try and make our feelings know to those bad decision makers and advisers behind the scenes who don't really get on the end of our vent week in week out. They really have put us in this position over the last few years, we all saw it coming long before this season started, what were they doing? what were they watching when we were holding our heads in our hands? Was it Ali Mac on his own or were there others? Oh and I have already bought my season ticket for next year.

RaySmith

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 08, 2014, 08:44:18 AM
I do think we should try and make our feelings know to those bad decision makers and advisers behind the scenes who don't really get on the end of our vent week in week out. They really have put us in this position over the last few years, we all saw it coming long before this season started, what were they doing? what were they watching when we were holding our heads in our hands? Was it Ali Mac on his own or were there others? Oh and I have already bought my season ticket for next year.

Yes, but all that's nothing to do with the players is it?

The last game of the season is meant to be a time for players and fans to acknowledge each others' efforts, and to celebrate the club - there are other times and places for the criticisms you mention to be made - in fact, I'm sure the club is already aware of them.

MasterHaynes

I doubt(and hope) that many of the 'regulars will be playing on saturday. I just have a feeling Felix may name a very young side, if he does we should all be staying and applauding the future, let them now we are behind them all the way.